Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMorePuff

Best dry herb vape for mouth to lung vaping?

58 posts in this topic

I've recently picked up a Dynavap M and I'm liking it.  I didn't think I would, I've always been a spliff guy and I've never gotten on with vaporisers or pure weed pipes in the past, but this is nice.  You can pull on it like a spliff so your mouth is full of vapour, then 'take it back'.  This is my preferred way to smoke.  Even when I quit baccy and weed for a year and just used a nic vape, I always used the cheaper pen style ones with a narrower mouthpiece so I could vape MTL instead of direct lung inhale.  I just don't like direct lung inhale.

My issue with the dynavap is it doesn't hold much weed and it's fiddly heating it up to correct temp manually with a lighter each time then waiting for it to cool.  I want something I can just fill up and puff on for a while, just taking the occasional big puff every few minutes.  Is that feasible? I don't mind spending a bit of cash.  It seems like all the higher end dry herb vaporisers are the direct lung inhale style with big fat chunky mouthpieces.  I don't want that.

Could I just get something like a mighty and attach a smaller mouthpiece to it so I can vape it MTL?  Would that work? Anyone tried it?

Cheers!

1 person likes this

Sounds like mighty would be perfect for you, the mighty+ should come out today ? Filling the vape couldn't be any easier and you can do it while its heating/hot too. I would imagine the mighty straight out the box is what you want by sounds of it for MTL ? The mouth piece is nice and small, easy to get a draw from. No need for a 3rd party one imo, unless you're getting a bubbler or something which wouldn't be MTL.

1 person likes this

Try Crater 420, much cheaper option, easy to use , optional glass mouthpiece which makes it very smooth.

1 person likes this

Mighty+

1 person likes this

I know this site loves it's mighty, and having had 2 and now a crafty plus, to a certain extent I agree.

But the tinymight blows it out if the water with a decent glass stem.

I feel I can say this as I have both. Plenty on here may disagree but I'm wonder if they actually own and use both.

I only use the crafty when stealth is required as in at the pub. The mighty is a tad too big for decent stealth.

For every other situation away from the desktops its the TM or dynavap with ih.... 

Edited by M Pamplemousse
5 people like this

Thanks all.  Am I gonna get that tight draw on the mighty though?  Bear in mind when I draw on the dynavap I actually cover the intake holes completely, then only release the airhole at the end of the draw, or kind of 'feather' it to just make sure I've cleared the tube, then I take it back to my lungs.

I don't see that approach working with the any of the mighty rang though - reviews have said it has quite an open draw?

Not as tight as DV covered and not as free as DV uncovered.

I wouldnt say it's an open draw tho. The TM is more open...

2 people like this

@OneMorePuff Hi mate. My journey with vapes and a preference for MTL was similar to yours. 

To be honest, the Dynavap is the only vape I've tried that offers a true MTL draw (with airflow closed off). I found the Mighty OK for sipping - the airflow is a bit too loose to be considered a true MTL vape, plus you can't feather the intake due to the design of the thing. I sold it as I far prefer the Tiny Might, even though the air flow on that is a lot freer. 

I was never much of a bong guy but since getting the Flowerpot I trained myself to enjoy the direct-to-lung experience. I still prefer 14mm glass pieces with a semi-restrictive draw (I like to create some pressure) and end up doing a sort of half lung hit, leaving a bit in my mouth then taking that back like a MTL hit. 

10 hours ago, OneMorePuff said:

I want something I can just fill up and puff on for a while, just taking the occasional big puff every few minutes.

I don't think anything exists that will do that with a true MTL draw, I'd be the first to pick one up!

4 people like this

Just now, SYZYGY said:

I don't think anything exists that will do that with a true MTL draw, I'd be the first to pick one up!

I signed up to FC and asked this same question over there, someone suggested the Davinci IQ2.  It has an adjustable airflow restrictor.  I'm wondering if that could be the device we're both looking for. 

Just now, OneMorePuff said:

Davinci IQ2

Forgot I had one to be honest lol Which should speak volumes about how it performs compared to the Dynavap, Tiny Might and Flowerpot which get used regularly. It has got a nice tight draw that can be further restricted and the flavour is really good, but keeping the thing sufficiently cleaned is a nightmare due to the awful design. It made me quite angry after a while. It's a conduction session vape too so there'll be no taking the occasional puff every few minutes. For me, it simply did not hit anywhere near hard enough to be satisfying. The unit also gets quite hot which makes it uncomfortable to hold in summer... makes a great pocket hand-warmer in winter tho!

4 people like this

19 minutes ago, SYZYGY said:

@OneMorePuff

I was never much of a bong guy but since getting the Flowerpot I trained myself to enjoy the direct-to-lung experience. I still prefer 14mm glass pieces with a semi-restrictive draw (I like to create some pressure) and end up doing a sort of half lung hit, leaving a bit in my mouth then taking that back like a MTL hit. 

Ha. When I first got my fp I didn't love the draw. Trained myself and really slipped into it. Like you I like the draw restriction and by changing glass different effects can be had. 

Bought a vapbong a month ago. First day I thought I had made a terrible mistake, the draw is so free flowing. 6 seconds and your full whereas I can go 30 with the fp. But after a few days I found I love it. I think I prefer it to the fp. It's so effortless.

Thinking of getting one of there oab's now. That introduces more restrictions, I'm hoping between the vb and fp!

1 person likes this

What about the solo 2. I had a solo 1 and it had a tight draw and was a solid vape....

3 people like this

Just now, M Pamplemousse said:

Thinking of getting one of there oab's now. That introduces more restrictions, I'm hoping between the vb and fp!

I love your dedication to vape perfection! Are you an espresso drinker by any chance? The two have many parallels when it comes chasing the sweet spot and both pursuits quickly get expensive. I'm about to mod my espresso machine with a PID lol 

1 person likes this

Just now, M Pamplemousse said:

What about the solo 2. I had a solo 1 and it had a tight draw and was a solid vape....

That's actually a good shout. Whilst mostly conduction it's a solid performer with a satisfyingly tight draw. Excellent value for money I reckon @OneMorePuff, just don't expect it to hit as hard as the VapCap. 

1 person likes this

Here he comes to save the day!

It's TinyMight and he'll blow you away!

Can't recommend the jackpods enough see the last 2 pics, dome screen in front of cooling unit and pop the jackpod in keeps everything clean (much cleaner than them photo's lol) the airflow is fantastic and the hits are tits.

Wouldn't leave home (or my desktops) without it.

large.20200529_142012.jpglarge.TMpipesetup.jpglarge.tmsjp.jpg

2 people like this