Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack?

Quick heat mat question

After last night's cold spell I decided to set up my root-it thermostat. 

Just a quick question, is it safe to plug the thermostat into a extension lead or does it need to go directly into main?

Sorry if this question is stupid I'm just super paranoid of fires and wanted to put my mind at rest . 

Unless you plug in a 2500w oil rad you'll be fine. Heat mats are around 5-20w. 

5 people like this

safe to go in extension lead mate :yep:  

heat blanket is only a few watts what! the lead will be 3000w or something similar I would think, does it say on the back?

5 people like this

I don't know it's under all the pots, filter, fan ect now so unable to get at it.

I only have that, my 6 inch fan and a osculating Marco 650 plugged in to same lead. The lights plugged straight into the mains 24/7

Thanks anyway, guessed it would be fine but growing weed and thinking of fires often keep me up at night 

my heat mats at 100w and they are in a short extension lead, always have been

24 minutes ago, Jack? said:

Thanks anyway, guessed it would be fine but growing weed and thinking of fires often keep me up at night 

seen those auto extinguishers? get one of those if you can for peace of mind :stoned: 

1 person likes this

Just now, twigs said:

seen those auto extinguishers? get one of those if you can for peace of mind :stoned: 

Yeah, I don't worry so much about being away from the house and sleep better since buying one of these. They're not expensive either. :yep:

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, twigs said:

Yeh got one of them , where is the best position for it tho, by the extrsion lead (outside the tent) ?  or inside the tent near the osculating fan? 

where the most power and equipment is I guess.?

Ive got one in my flower room because of bastard oscillating fans breaking down and with pretty much all of them with no thermo protection switches they are the biggest risk fire wise i think? One near the ballast would be good too if that’s on the outside..

Im thinking about getting them green tube ones but need to save up cos they is around £180 I think? 

2 hours ago, Clubs said:

Yeah, I don't worry so much about being away from the house and sleep better since buying one of these. They're not expensive either. :yep:

Just don't get the cheap versions from china, they actually end up acting more like an accelerant. There are videos on YT showing the dangers, and remember they let of a big bang that could cause concerned neighbours to phone the police.

Just food for thought:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
Spelling
2 people like this

7 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Just don't get the cheap versions from china, they actually end up acting more like an accelerant. There are videos on YT showing the dangers, and remember they let of a big bang that could cause concerned neighbours to phone the police.

Just food for thought:yep:

Mine came from the fire shop so not sure where they're made.  Interesting about the bang. Wasn't sure whether they banged, screamed or whatever so good to know.  How loud is the bang? Not that I'm hoping to ever experience it.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Clubs said:

Mine came from the fire shop so not sure where they're made.  Interesting about the bang. Wasn't sure whether they banged, screamed or whatever so good to know.  How loud is the bang? Not that I'm hoping to ever experience it.

I can only go off YouTube videos so mic vs to ear sound could differ.

I remember one of Crazy Russian Harckers videos he dropped one into a garden incinerator and it was pretty loud and I remember thinking I wouldn't want to be near one when it went off. I can't remember if he had a cheap or expensive one but it did do the job and put I out.

I've seen you can get these bar type heat activated extinguishers that I think are meant to be used under the bonnet of cars but people use in their grow space. Not sure of the pros and cons tho.

1 person likes this