Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Stardawg909

Anyone used the mega pot system

As the title states, I was gonna go with iws Pro but this was like 500 cheaper and the guy at shop showed me his crop that he's doing with this system, so I went home had a look online and decided to take the jump and try this out instead as it just fulls when needed like on a toilet basin, I've gone with the 22l pot version and 9 of those as opposed to doing 12 in the iws flood and drain pro, any tips and tricks would be great, if no one has used it what are your thoughts comparing both products, 

31 minutes ago, Stardawg909 said:

any tips and tricks would be great,

Check it regular megapots are known for flooding, worse than autopots. 

Use a plant it watering time with it too, don't just let your plants sit in water all the time or its gonna go tits up. 

1 person likes this

Just now, GSZZ said:

Check it regular megapots are known for flooding, worse than autopots. 

Use a plant it watering time with it too, don't just let your plants sit in water all the time or its gonna go tits up. 

Oh my that's not very good to hear lol I've got one of those timers yea mate just need to watch a couple vids see how to use it though. 

I won a megapot system at product earth. 

Was gonna flog it till i realised its basically just a shallow water trough with a cheap ball cock and a generic timer.

Gonna whack the timer on my soaker hose for the polytunnel and use the megapots as water troughs for my chickens. 

Not much help regard advice for using it for growing. I thought it was a shite idea 

lol

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I won a megapot system at product earth. 

Was gonna flog it till i realised its basically just a shallow water trough with a cheap ball cock and a generic timer.

Gonna whack the timer on my soaker hose for the polytunnel and use the megapots as water troughs for my chickens. 

Not much help regard advice for using it for growing. I thought it was a shite idea 

lol

Ah man, :(

Don't let me put you off mate. 

It's just a completely different style of growing to how I roll. 

I'm an organic soil man. I'm sure for hydro set ups they are great 

Just no good for me

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Don't let me put you off mate. 

It's just a completely different style of growing to how I roll. 

I'm an organic soil man. I'm sure for hydro set ups they are great 

Just no good for me

Ah right, had me worried as shit then and ready to take it back lol I'll Deffo give it a try for the price, I've saved 500ish I think comparing to the iws, all in all I saved 750 on the set up which I'm happy about so worth a pop, if it's shit I'll end up hand feeding this one then get the iws but hopefully they turn out great, time will tell, I'm gonna get 80 percent set up today I hope and be running it in the next 2 weeks will share some pics in the grow room section when finished :)

1 person likes this