Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Growing your own cannabis is legalised in Italy

26 posts in this topic

hi

Growing your own cannabis is legalised in Italy

Italy is set to allow the small-scale cultivation of cannabis plants at home after a reform was approved by the Lower House's justice committee on Wednesday.

The reform decriminalises the growth of up to four cannabis plants at home.

However, it also increases the penalties for crimes linked to the trafficking and dealing of cannabis, with the maximum sentence increasing from six to ten years.

The reform, which was put forward by Italian MP Riccardo Magi, makes Italy one of the first countries in Europe to decriminalize the domestic cultivation of cannabis for personal use, with Spain and Czech Republic also permitting the growth of up to five plants at home. 

This reform comes nearly two years after a landmark decision from Italy’s Supreme Court in 2019, that ruled small-scale domestic cultivation of cannabis was legal. 

The ruling was made on December 19, 2019 but went unnoticed until a week later when it was reported by domestic news agencies and immediately fueled a simmering political debate over cannabis use in Italy.

It triggered calls for further legalization from weed advocates and anger from the country’s conservatives.  

In the UK, home cultivation remains illegal as well as possessing, selling, or distributing the drug, with offenders facing a fine of up to £2,500 and five years in prison.

Recent figures from the Home Office show police are making a record 358 cannabis seizures a day, a 21 per cent increase on 2019.

Cannabis was the most commonly found drug in police searches, with quantities being found in 71 per cent of all drug seizures in England and Wales in the 12 months to the end of March 2020.

However, in 2018, medicinal cannabis was legalized in the UK and some MPs have backed a similar move to Italy, towards decriminalisation.  

Meanwhile, in the US, cannabis has been legalized across a third of all US states, with Virginia, New Mexico, and Connecticut being the latest ones to legalize recreational cannabis. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9972709/Growing-cannabis-legalized-Italy.html#comments

44 comments

Bongme

23 people like this

Very interesting! I had no idea this was even on the table over there.

Thanks for the post.

11 people like this

Mad what gets drowned out over here. Great news for Italy. One day maybe sanity will return to these shores and we'll see a similar move...

Who am I kidding, 10 years and that's my optimistic prediction...

11 people like this

Yet here in the land of the free we get locked up greatjust bloody great.

Unless your a friend of a tory.

6 people like this

Tbf they let the prime minister be a nonce so anything should be game really. 

5 people like this

It's good news though. 1 mum, 3 giant 2mx2m SOG flowering. No size limit, indoor or outdoor.

Shame on the Brexit stitch-up regarding 'taking back control', when any Euro country can always change its own laws. :yep:

6 people like this

17 hours ago, KC said:

Tbf they let the prime minister be a nonce so anything should be game really. 

To be honest, the Italians had decriminalised weed for rastafarians some years before so on a spiritual level they are a considerately decent type.

Cannabis is the game, stick to the weed ffs:bong:

2 people like this

HI

2p

Torie the party of Making Money (NOT)

for instance

CBD is worth £690 Million Each year in the UK imagine how much they would make on THC and they will not let the public vote on it like other money-making democratic countries! :soap:

Labour the party of the People But does not know how to make money and will not let the public vote on Cannabis By the People to legalize it to make money! :soap:

Two Phony Parties all round. Clowns and useless and don't trust the UK public at all :soap:

They make Millons on the weed they grow and sell on the open world market BUT if they let folks grow it and reproduced Legalising cannabis

‘could earn Treasury £3.5bn’ it would make...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jun/02/legalise-cannabis-treasury-3bn-drugs

The Other reason the arse has fallen out of the UK legalization is that the Government legalized CBD they think that's enough for use lot and how wrong they are as more grow weed than any time in UK history

Home Office show police are making a record 358 cannabis seizures a  day

is that not telling the government and the police something FFS?

anyway, It's Friday am away to party so I need more...

red lipstick by lee-high ( Premiered 21 hours ago eng subs )

Bongme :yinyang:

3 people like this

i’m sure weed/hash has been decriminalized for years in Italy? people used to go over to Switzerland on the train or across the bridge to buy and the rozzers just let them take it back across because so many were doing it..

im sure it used to be ok to have a few plants but then they legalized big commercial medical grows and came down on weed,  now they’re ok with it again..

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, NezA said:

Mad what gets drowned out over here. Great news for Italy. One day maybe sanity will return to these shores and we'll see a similar move...

Who am I kidding, 10 years and that's my optimistic prediction...

Much sooner than that I reckon. My brother in law is working for a massive legal Canadian operation and he’s told that  they are certain that Biden will legalise it federally this year. 

When that happens the gloves are off and the gold rush properly begins. No doubt the twats in government will drag their heels but they will be ignoring too much tax revenue that they desperately need. 

Im calling 5 years tops. 

3 people like this

I suppose this current lot have proven time and time again that a u turn causes them absolutely no shame whatsoever so perhaps you're right @furious fred

32 minutes ago, furious fred said:

Im calling 5 years tops. 

I admire your optimism.

But sadly the Tories are looking at criminalising laughing gas rather than decriminalising weed.

What an absurd country (countries) this is.

3 people like this

23 hours ago, Keye said:

Very interesting! I had no idea this was even on the table over there.

Thanks for the post.

I wonder if the lockdown over there had any bearing?

Great news all the same I think more countries should look at decriminalising - Portugal got it right, the Euro's were great in 2004 really chilled the newspapers here had a fit most were chilled and stoned not pissed and fighting.

4 people like this

On 10/09/2021 at 8:59 AM, furious fred said:

Im calling 5 years tops

I heard that back in 1980 ...

3 people like this

55 minutes ago, JimmyPage said:

I heard that back in 1980 ...

I heard the zeitgeist was completely different in 1980 ...

Edited by penchant