Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

badbillybob

cbd oil cream for joint pain

23 posts in this topic

hiya, 

My old boy was banging on about buying some cbd oil for his dodgy knees and hip joints. 

the postie girl was telling him about it and how it worked wonders for her battle scarred knee joints.

He wont take anything that will get him mangled but would try it if it was say a cream you can rub in.

he knows i grow, so id like to help him out, if i can. 

any suggestions, or will it not work unless injested. im sure ive seen cbd creams for sale, but they are probably watered down wank.

he mentioned the price for advertised stuff but it sounded expensive, and its not as if im  short of bud.

Any recipes or links to help the old codger?

cheers

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I use  rso mixed with coconut oil , not used just cbd though , worth him trying as you've got everything  more or less im sure , Atb  (no hit as far as a stoner  can tell anyhow)

Edited by Personunknown
4 people like this

I had a blast at making it myself recently, just using flower at first but evolved it to use RSO/Feco  flower and Isolate pretty damn effective

Coconut oil /beeswax.

Decarb flower > infuse into coconut oil.

Make RSO add to infused Coconut oil.

Buy some CBG isolate (excels as an anti-inflammatory IME) Add to the coconut oil.  It will dissolve at around 50-60c into the Coconut oil in about 10 mins

you can do this with CBD to, just CBG is better for this sort of thing but no reason you can't add both, I did.

I didn't have any raw cannabis but if I did to hand, I'd add as THCa is also a good anti-inflammatory.

Also heard good things about emu oil as a carrier.

"Emu oil is high in omega-3, omega 6, and omega-9 fatty acids. These help reduce inflammation, ease muscular pain, and arthritic joint pain. They may also help relieve signs of wrinkles, scars, and blemishes by nourishing the skin cells."

(I haven't tried the Emu oil yet)

Basically, I'm trying to stack everything on anti inflammation, so even the weed used was a Piney indica.

You probably already some know terp's have anti-inflammatory effects.

(I always infuse in a jar to save the terpenes)

It takes some trial and error getting the coconut oil to beeswax ratios to your liking, so I'd suggest praticing on some non infused coconut oil first

for me, I remember using more coconut oil than wax.  50/50 was too hard for my liking, turned out like a lip balm  I did write all the ratios down, but I can't find it.

If you search, "Aluminium Tin Jars" Work well to store it in after you've made it.

Didn't make me high at all, I made mine for non cannabis user, and they reported no psychoactive effects.

In brief, make infused coconut oil ,add some isolate ,mix to the right ratio of beeswax, put in the tin put in it the fridge to solidify job done.

10 people like this

cheers, i didnt know about which terps were best for anti inflamatory to be honest, can you elaborate on this please.

i found the cream making thread on the medical cannabis section (probably where i should have posted this).it sounds similar to your method.

1 person likes this

BPG-Dispensary-Terpenes-in-Cannabis-1.jp

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

BPG-Dispensary-Terpenes-in-Cannabis-1.jp

i cant read that, whats the lowdown?

im half blind from years of hps abuse

i found the cream making thread on the medical cannabis section (probably where i should have posted this).it sounds similar to your method.

43 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

i cant read that, whats the lowdown?

Caryophyllene and Pinene are what I went for, so spicy so like Sour D, Skywalker for Caryophyllene.

In jar infusions, if done right, really do preserve the flavour ! Google "in jar cannabis infusions"

flower for the terps Feco for the punch and CBG As the regulator and coconut oil as its £3-4

43 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

Yeah, I did have a look at that and a few general guides online, in regard to Dosage I Just adapted it a tad.

So many choices as to what to add and what carrier to use, I just went with what I had in the cupboards.

I'm not a fan of essential oils. Sure I read somewhere they can be  endocrine disruptors put me off,

1 person likes this

hi bbb. i have plumbers knee's i made abatch off cbd oil ,  left the bud leftovers in a douwe-egberts jar wit some added MCT coconut , 

left it in boiler cuboard for 4weeks makes a good balm... stain used blueberry auto -cbd mix RQS CBD  - cbd crack. works for me rub on at

night time next morning good as new , i try'd it on my sore wrist's one day , fine.. ready for the next days slog . hope your ol man can try it , ps no problems with driving an work 

the hard bit is cooking for 5-6 hrs ..regards geogeo 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I get CBD oil from Access CBD, pretty much the best value I've found apart from buying isolate in fairly large quantities. 

I make a balm for aches and pains, work's great on my Sciatica. Its full spectrum (THC and all) but I don't decarb it so it's not active enough to have any effect. Literally just bud/trim, coconut oil, bees wax,all in the slow cooker (low) for 12-24hrs then add CBD oil/isolate (depending on content in the bud/trim) and some essential oils to mask the smell a bit.   

When my osteoarthritis flares up that stuff works better than just about anything else I've tried. I give it to non smokers and none of them have reported any psychoactivity. 

Edited by MindSoup
6 people like this

@MindSoup I'd have thought cooking it that long in the slow cooker would decarb it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, KC said:

@MindSoup I'd have thought cooking it that long in the slow cooker would decarb it.

Yeah mate same, even low is fairly warm, maybe it is, but it doesn't get anyone high which is something I've grown to see as a bonus. 

1 person likes this

Has anyone tried this with AVB? My knees swell up and hurt like fuck when my colitis flares up, this seems like it could help, maybe add some CBG isolate as well.

1 person likes this

Have not tried it with AVB yet, but if you do it let me know, I'd like to know if It's still got any anti-inflammatory cannabinoids left.

I made some AVB butter in the past, and it just seemed to mong me out. Not sure how that would translate into a topical...

I do have a lot of AVB myself.....

I actually have Chrohns and colitis, and unfortunately I find CBG as more obvious impact on Crohn's pains than colitis, but we are all different

and this is  a topical, so I'm not 100%.:unsure:

I find the type of food I'm eating has the biggest impact on  colitis to be honest. And CBD before having food in the morning acts as a protective, no good if you already in pain, but if you use it as a preventative seems to work better for me.

2 people like this

from what little ive read CBG is a good one for joint pain and inflamation.

1 person likes this