Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MindSoup

Low Cost LED Strip Lights Ideal For Veg Box / Micro Grow

Found some bargain lights and thought I'd give them a bash, turns out they're pretty good so thought I'd spread the word.  

They're fleabay specials, built in drivers, various lengths, 10 watt per 30cm, and cost me £5 each for the 30cm ones. Obviously they're not the best thing in the world, but they're definitely worth using and ideal for someone on a budget or with a small space.   

The phrase to search is "LED tube lights" 

large.PXL_20210821_174546210.jpglarge.PXL_20210821_174554746.jpglarge.PXL_20210821_174557601.jpg

I wired up 3 in my 35x55x75cm veg box. At 30cm down I get 1358 on the Lux app, in comparison the same distance in my flower tent (ISH 100 BR and 8x 10 watt downlights) I get 48047. 

large.PXL_20210821_195415792.jpg

Hopefully they don't set my house on fire lol

Edited by MindSoup
2 people like this

Thanks, that’s an interesting find you have made yourself, I’m all for on budget savings, and these look like an ideal option for someone.

Fortunately I have a dimmer so I’m able to run three to four weeks at very low cost on a quantum board. My preference is always to switch to a 4w intake only pc fan in the early growth faze within my SpaceMan.

Edited by MysticMeg

@MysticMeg  It's a bit of a pot luck but there's some really good deals to be had, the efficiency probably isn't as good as a high end light but I've seen some pretty amazing crops from people using solely household LED bulbs. Yeah the fan might be ok for now, but maxed out it doesn't feel powerful enough to encourage strong stems. Maybe mounting it differently could help

1 person likes this

Just now, MindSoup said:

@MysticMeg  It's a bit of a pot luck but there's some really good deals to be had, the efficiency probably isn't as good as a high end light but I've seen some pretty amazing crops from people using solely household LED bulbs. Yeah the fan might be ok for now, but maxed out it doesn't feel powerful enough to encourage strong stems. Maybe mounting it differently could help

thanks resin coated, I don’t want to drag your post off topic but since you mentioned it that’s an interesting statement, do you believe stem strength is determined by wind strength? Interesting. 

Well it's not the 

17 minutes ago, MysticMeg said:

do you believe stem strength is determined by wind strength? Interesting. 

41 minutes ago, MysticMeg said:

My preference is always to switch to a 4w intake only pc fan in the early growth faze within my SpaceMan.

Oh, were you talking about extraction?  I was talking about my circulation fan, I definitely find a good breeze help's encourage them to grow stronger, thicker stems. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for replying MindSoup, apologies I read your name wrong on my previous response, I’m still finding my feet here.

6 hours ago, MysticMeg said:

Thanks for replying MindSoup, apologies I read your name wrong on my previous response, I’m still finding my feet here.

Haha no worries mate, not the first time that's happened.

1 person likes this