Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

green_machine

PAR 140+ connection orientation

@Ledgrowlights-Adam @ledgrowlights-Craig @tokenroll

Hey guys sorry to bother you but I screwed up a little and needed a hand sorting something out.

I had stripped my g-drobe down after the last grow to give it a deep clean and to re-paint, I was putting everything back together this morning and I unscrewed the wrong section of my light connection. Before I realised what I was doing I had completely removed the connection and did not make a note of the orientation of the pins.

I am left with the following

large.6103dde6a3301_connection1.jpglarge.6103dde755404_connection2.jpglarge.6103dde80cf0a_connection3.jpglarge.6103dde8bd556_connection4.jpg

Any chance you can let me know how to put this back together again? Does it matter how the pins go in?

Thanks for the help.

greenie

1 person likes this

If you look really closely,

you migh be able to see the symbols for each terminal moulded into the black plastic surrounding the terminals.

So it should just be a case of matching them up on each side.

Hope this helps :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

4 people like this

Just pull back the conector on the other cable and just match them up. I dont have them connectors on mine to check.

Toke...

4 people like this

Hi mate. Been a while since we've used those connectors. IIRC the earth bit is a slightly different shape to the others so it should only fit back in the right way. If that's not the case then send it back to us and we'll sort it for you.

4 people like this

Disassemble the connector and reassemble matching the colours is the easiest way.

5 people like this

Hey thanks for all the advice everyone.

I wanted to update everyone on what happened and thought I would share what I learned with the community for the future.

1) I looked everywhere on the connection and I could not find any marking to identify the E, L and N wires, because of this I had no choice but to open up the connector and check everything out.

2) The first time I opened the other side up as little as possible, and peeked inside at the wires, put it back together and tested it, but it tripped the fuse in my house. Everything was unplugged and I then re-set the fuse and everything came back fine (thankfully!) :wallbash::rofl:

3) I took the connection apart fully the next time and noticed that the internal wires are twisted around each other, so I probably matched up the wires incorrectly by just peeking the first time around. I put everything back together correctly this time and tested it and it is working perfectly.

For future reference and in case anyone else ends up messing up their cable this is the layout I ended up using.

large.61043737e66dd_connection5diagram.jpg

atb

greenie

4 people like this