Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
le0n.v6

budrot

just found mould in the middle of one of my Sour Orange buds. They are around 5 weeks into flower but the humidity has been in the high 60s maybe even in the 70s while ive been at work during this heatwave we just had. I have snipped the top of the cola off reluctantly and checked all the other buds for mould which as far as I can see they are fine at the minute. How can I prevent it spreading to other buds? 

I'm using canna nutes (A + B, Cannazym, Boost, Pk13/14) Along with RO water with added CalMag (1ml per litre) in Canna Coco

Also all the tips of the leaves on this plant and another on the same feed look burnt burnt and are a little crispy. Have I over fed them? Could it be salt buildup in the Coco? Pics below

large.20210729_193837.jpglarge.20210729_193829.jpglarge.20210729_193823.jpglarge.20210729_193812.jpg

Sorry mate the top 2 photos and the bottom 2 photos look like either a different grow or different weeks in flower???? 

bottom 2 photos  certainly look longer than 5 weeks into flower

either way with mould you cannot really stop it spreading and have to remove any buds with mould from the grow to stop the spores spreading, 

Are they autoflowers or photo period plants?

Looks like you're suffering from some deficiencies, same as me really, i've cocked mine up a bit but I think they'll cross the finishing line lol

If they are photo periods did you do any lollipoping? What type of setup are you running? I find to prevent rot from appearing you need good airflow, which is where the lollippoping comes in, you remove some of the larger fan leaves in order to promote decent airflow.

33 minutes ago, Donnyronny said:

Sorry mate the top 2 photos and the bottom 2 photos look like either a different grow or different weeks in flower???? 

bottom 2 photos  certainly look longer than 5 weeks into flower

either way with mould you cannot really stop it spreading and have to remove any buds with mould from the grow to stop the spores spreading, 

They're 2 different plants in the same tent on the same feeding schedule. Deffo only 5 weeks into flower the Calyxs havnt even swollen properly yet.

34 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

Are they autoflowers or photo period plants?

Looks like you're suffering from some deficiencies, same as me really, i've cocked mine up a bit but I think they'll cross the finishing line lol

If they are photo periods did you do any lollipoping? What type of setup are you running? I find to prevent rot from appearing you need good airflow, which is where the lollippoping comes in, you remove some of the larger fan leaves in order to promote decent airflow.

They are both autos mate I thought maybe deficiencies at first but didnt wanna up the feed and make em even worse

Both plants are in a 4x4 tent under a 480w LED on a 20/4 schedule. Hoping I can bring em back round and get em finished off

Cheers for the help people

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, mystic_roots said:

Looks like you're suffering from some deficiencies

Or it's the first sign of bud rot sadly, yellowing burnt looking leaves. As the fungus is ubiquitous prevention is all about preventing the ideal environment for it to take hold. If your in the UK humidity is currently a problem due to weather. I've fortunately never experienced this however there are multiple preventative measures I take every grow religiously (in absence of dehumidifier)

Cranking up the air extraction purely to facilitate air movement, obviously replacing humid air with more humid air achieves nothing. The air movement inhibits precipitation of water from humid air in susceptible areas.

Internal fans, two pointing in opposing directions at either end of the tent once again for the aforementioned reasons.

Stripping out lower foliage, bottom third > half is just stalks.

Ensuring no buds are 'resting' on the tent material, all have 360 degrees air movement.

Well spaced out plants with upper leaves (especially larger fans) thinned out in areas where excess foliage has accumulated.

After watering mop up all excess water that's drained from pots.

When air is humid externally not allowing significant drops in temperatures at any stage. Higher the temperature, more moisture the air is able to retain.

This problem is more evident in outdoor/greenhouse grows where environmental factors (morning dew, no wind, colder night temperatures) are more evident.

Sadly all you can do now is remove badly infected areas to avoid pockets of concentrated spores being blown around the tent and crop promptly. Fungus works from the inside out, infecting the plant and proliferating out at susceptible points; that is big buds where air movement is reduced / moisture can more easily pool.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bud rot is an absolute nightmare, to be honest flowering plants in a small indoor tent set up in the UK summertime is pretty much impossible without using a dehumidifier.

I have found setting it up like this attached to the intake fan is the best way and I can run my perpetual flower tent all year, its stays around 50% RH even in hot and humid weather, since i have been using this I have had zero bud rot.

large.31F30B00-DE10-4869-9CE7-DB583052B4

Edited by Smokebelch
13 people like this

I've been getting lazy with it just recently due to starting a new job. My own fault really maybe I could have prevented it if I paid em a little more attention. Cheers for the tips @Poisonata :D

@Smokebelch I'm deffo getting a dehumidifier in the next few days any recommendations on size etc for a 4 x 4?? Is that de humidifier blowing out dry air then it being extracted into the tent via intake is that right?? I need to get it sorted ASAP I dont wanna lose this crop :(

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, le0n.v6 said:

I've been getting lazy with it just recently due to starting a new job. My own fault really maybe I could have prevented it if I paid em a little more attention. Cheers for the tips @Poisonata :D

Relatable as I've also become a 'lazy grower', days of perfectly flat canopy are long gone. But while some may think my bud rot prevention methods are simply common sense and / or too simplistic it works. Everybody is always impressed with AC units, that's fine as it's a belt and bracers approach. However they aren't cheap / certainly aren't cheap to run constantly for 8 weeks, adopting aforementioned techniques not needed in my opinion. Otherwise I'd be having the same issues :yep:

On 30/07/2021 at 10:45 AM, Smokebelch said:

Bud rot is an absolute nightmare, to be honest flowering plants in a small indoor tent set up in the UK summertime is pretty much impossible without using a dehumidifier

I struggle to keep mine above 40's% RH lol

Cheers everyone i'll be taking a few measures thah you suggested @Poisonata Also I decided to buy a 16L Dehumidifier with constant drain off. Hoping this will fix my issue :D