Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JBICE420

COCO GROW LOWER RUN OFF EC THAN INPUT EC

23 posts in this topic

Hello, 

Looking for some advice,

New to coco, about 10 days into early veg with some ICC in 2l pots estimate around 3 or 4 days til re pot up to 16L as roots just starting to show at bottom of pot.

like a plonka already made a rookie mistake and only fed 24hr water for first 2 feeds, as i am now led to believe i should of at least started with a rhizo 2ml per L 0.6 EC

i have been feeding every other day for first week to give the roots some growth, began feeding every day on day 7. 

from the start i have been feeding them 300ml and been getting 75ml to 100ml in run off so a good bit over the 25% minimum required, the clones were well established in rockwool.

from day 7 plants have been on (ml per 10L)

rhizo 20ml 

calmag 2ml

superthrive 3ml

zenzime 2ml

Then ECd with CANNA A & B to 1.0 usually that's usually around 10ml of each

PH down to 5.8 

Now here comes the kicker testing the run off, consistently i have been getting readings of 0.4/0.6 EC 6.0ph,

im assuming this isnt normal and is a sign the plants want more nuets as they are using up a good amount of the EC, little bit nervous of increasing the EC already as i read early veg should be around the 0.8EC mark

plants look perfectly happy at the minute but i am by no means an expert........just an apprentice....

Environment sat between (25C RH 40% lights on)  (21C 50% RH) lights of   (18/6 cycle)

i am using a blue lab truncheon and ph monitor for those wondering.

Any advice much appreciated,

Thanks again JB 

:smokin:

Your issue is probably incorrectly buffered coco by the producer. Not sure what ec 2ml of calmag gives but prep your water with 0.4ec calmag then add the rest. Drop it down to 0.2ec when the ec normalizes upwards to your ingoing ec.

3 people like this

Just now, catweazle1 said:

Your issue is probably incorrectly buffered coco by the producer. Not sure what ec 2ml of calmag gives but prep your water with 0.4ec calmag then add the rest. Drop it down to 0.2ec when the ec normalizes upwards to your ingoing ec.

Sorry i missed out using canna coco pro nothing else added, i thought the canna coco was meant to come pre buffered,

i had been leaning towards calmag but unsure as everything ive read said it was good to use straight out the bag  

Check out this thread. May help you

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, JBICE420 said:

Sorry i missed out using canna coco pro nothing else added, i thought the canna coco was meant to come pre buffered,

i had been leaning towards calmag but unsure as everything ive read said it was good to use straight out the bag  

Don't believe everything you read. What probably happens is they make a buffer solution that is then used well passed the time the buffer is used up. I buffer mine automatically.

Edited by catweazle1
2 people like this

Its pretty standard to lose a bit of food to the coco for the first week or even two when rooting out a pot. Nothing to worry about.  I'm loath to say up your feed without seeing a pic of your girl.... 

1 person likes this

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Its pretty standard to lose a bit of food to the coco for the first week or even two when rooting out a pot. Nothing to worry about.  I'm loath to say up your feed without seeing a pic of your girl.... 

You've probably used more coco batches than I have. Do you find most of them drop ec to start?

You've probably used more coco batches than I have. Do you find most of them drop ec to start?

Not all.  Canna pro does leach and can be a bit inconsistent.  That's why there's so many charged coco brands knocking about.  It's targeted at those that don't realise you can just buffer with a bit more food early on. 

2 people like this

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Not all.  Canna pro does leach and can be a bit inconsistent.  That's why there's so many charged coco brands knocking about.  It's targeted at those that don't realise you can just buffer with a bit more food early on. 

I suppose it's easier to charge the coco than wash and buffer it properly. 

1 person likes this

I suppose it's easier to charge the coco than wash and buffer it properly. 

Pretty sure canna own everything coco factory wise, so there really isn't much difference across the board. 

1 person likes this

Just now, fatboy77 said:

targeted at people like me ffs :wallbash: 

thanks for the advice, ill try get a couple pics when i get up there tomorrow,

14 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

cheers to you aswell sir real fast response haha, in a hard water area so with base 0.4 EC so may have sacrifice a little something else were for more cal mag

cheers lads

I’ve got a couple of autos,  and it wasn’t until day 41 that I noticed I hade the same issue, one started to show deficiency, followed @catweazle1 advise, and after a couple of days their looking sweet, I’m in a soft water area with a shit cal-mag ratio, all calcium no magnesium.

1 person likes this

Just now, JBICE420 said:

a hard water area so with base 0.4 EC so may have sacrifice a little something else were for more cal mag

Probably don't need the calmag either, you had problems before? 

Posted (edited)

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Probably don't need the calmag either, you had problems before? 

That's not all useful calmag in the water though.

Edited by catweazle1

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

That's not all useful calmag in the water though.

How'd you know what the ratio is?  Could be bang on, there'll be other traces sure, but that should be close to sweet. 

Eta - check your local water report, should be online.  You want 3:1 ratio ideally, but 4:1 s'all good.

Edited by fatboy77