Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Revive

Revives outdoor shenanigans 2021

808 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, bfehillbilly said:

You have been relentless with this grow and diary and now with your drying set up you have worked your ass off for this crop I hope it all ends well and your jars over flow with buds you deserve it 

Thanks man really appreciate that.. its been tough this year i gotta say mate but you no how it is bro.. its all or fuk all.. so many things to overcome growing this way and most is out of our hands.. I just try to do everything I possibly can't to keep the odds in my favour.. thanks for dropping in dude :yep:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Revive said:

but need to do something to get my RH down.. currently about 65/70%

If I bring the temps up a tad then that should bring it down a bit.. temps just below 20c so can come up a tiny bit .. well few shots, I waspretty fuked so just a taster.. bud looks pretty good.. a week tops she would have been prime anyway so no drama..

Right here you go.. my first real harvest of the season MWF

congrats !

yes you did the right thing....if more rot as 10%....you need to cut the plant instantly...there is no other option...

i dried in a garage build with bricks few years ago...its more damp as you think.......luckily 3 days before buds came i put on a humidyfier on....amazing how manny liters of water came out....but after 3 days there was a 50% humidity...so wet buds dried ""fast"" once they were there...

also when temperature drops in oktober...a elec humidifier stops working good......under 15 degrees c... it completely stops....so i had to heat the garage as well.

basi cically i keep an very light underpresure in the garage with filter and fan. (a 500 cuub at maybe 15 %) ..and let the humidyfier take the water out of the air.

i just used nets ( no tent )  and a few ventilators to keep the air moving in the garage...it worked for me..

no smell ever came out...

Edited by DutchFox
3 people like this

Happy birthday mate. What a treat it is seeing those buds sitting on that drying rack! I'd be having a sneaky drink or two to getting these over the line with the shit you've had!

If I could I'd buy you a drink mate. Have a good one 

4 people like this

Happy Birthday, I hope you are as high as a kite!

3 people like this

On 18/09/2021 at 4:30 PM, DutchFox said:

congrats !

yes you did the right thing....if more rot as 10%....you need to cut the plant instantly...there is no other option...

i dried in a garage build with bricks few years ago...its more damp as you think.......luckily 3 days before buds came i put on a humidyfier on....amazing how manny liters of water came out....but after 3 days there was a 50% humidity...so wet buds dried ""fast"" once they were there...

also when temperature drops in oktober...a elec humidifier stops working good......under 15 degrees c... it completely stops....so i had to heat the garage as well.

basi cically i keep an very light underpresure in the garage with filter and fan. (a 500 cuub at maybe 15 %) ..and let the humidyfier take the water out of the air.

i just used nets ( no tent )  and a few ventilators to keep the air moving in the garage...it worked for me..

no smell ever came out...

Hi mate.. yes it is a bit damp in the lockup but not to bad as these are built in concrete rather than brick.. plus being as they are in a tent inside the lockup  with a tube heater running its not to bad really.. I have an oil rad if needed but atm temps are around 20/21c with 60/65% rh

We will see how things change once more buds harvested.. infact this eve more rot was found so another small auto had to get the chop.. Once the rot takes hold in multiple places there is no point waiting in my opinion.. 3 days ago she had 1 bit nipped out, today 20% of her had rotted.. should have taken her then really.. she was nearly done anyway prob another 10 days she would have been finished.. 

On 18/09/2021 at 6:07 PM, EarLobe said:

Happy birthday mate. What a treat it is seeing those buds sitting on that drying rack! I'd be having a sneaky drink or two to getting these over the line with the shit you've had!

If I could I'd buy you a drink mate. Have a good one 

Hey bro.. thank you for the birthday wishes.. had more than a sneeky drink tbh..haven't been in a pub for a long long time but don't remember leaving it or getting home lol woke up on the floor next to the dogs bed lol man am i paying for it now though :( my head a is rattling around like a bag of spanners.. yeah glad to have a bit of bud home now dude.. as you say I've had some shit this season.. more down this eve just a small auto that was rotting in multiple places.. lost a bit of her but still got something.

She was a tad early but if id have left her any longer she would have rotted completely I would have thought.. more will be comming home tomorrow so the tent will start filling up before I know it.. ill be a lot happier once some jars start getting filled dude as they are still at risk in my drying setup.. lost a fair bit when drying last season so keeping me fingers crossed.. :yep:

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Alys said:

Happy Birthday, I hope you are as high as a kite!

Hey Alys...  thank you for the birthday wishes.. I was higher than any kite could possibly reach lol you know what they say though luv the higher you get the further it is to fall... and don't I just know it. I have come down with a thud alright, my head feels like its gonna fall off atm I can't remember shit.. last thing remember was being in the pub at the bar banging back tequila shots.. we had befriended the bar staff so got a few after hours in.. never been in there before so that was nice of them. My next memory is waking up on the floor with the dog and still felt propper pissed lol thank fuk its over now as I got my girls to attend to.. rot is starting to dictate my harvests so far so I need to be switched on for this.. takes me a few days to get over a sesh like that so I can't wait to feel like me again lol.. trimmed another girl this eve and that was fuking hard work.. she was only a small auto too.. need to get my head together as more are for the chop tommorow.. another 2 girls are ready for the scissors :yep: 

Have a great eve :yinyang:

3 people like this

Evening my fellow grow buddy's.. well after a messy birthday drink I had to get my ass to the knotweed plot for another check.. more bad news.. the rgsc auto mazar had to be harvested.. nipped a bit of rot off her the other day but this eve there were multiple places where rot had set in so it was time to chop her or lose her.. there wasn't much time as it was getting dark so no pics from her on the plot or any others.. it started raining while there so did my best to get it done..with this stinking hangover it was hard fuking collar thats for sure.. the other MWF looks pretty much done now too as well as my RGSC purple freeze, ill be be chopping those tomorrow I think.. took a couple of buds off the purple freeze to bring home.. man there some lovely looking colas, very sticky and huge..ill drop a pic of those in a bit.. I have 2 free days before going back to work then won't be able to get there till Sunday eve.. love to leave her till then really but with a fair bit of rain forecast later in the week I don't think I'll chance it.. trichs are almost fully milky now with a few ambers scattered about.. id be gutted to find those big buds rotted just for a few days of maturity.. I think once those 2 are down the others won't be ready for a few weeks so I should have an empty tent waiting..

Well not much more to report for now.. ill get these pics uploaded so you can see the buds I bought home.. ill grab some decent pics of the plot tommorow.. its really comming on now folks,lets just hope the rot doesn't get to much of them..

Keep it green y'all :yinyang:

large.20210919_202752_compress71.jpglarge.20210919_202743_compress73.jpglarge.20210919_202735_compress24.jpglarge.20210919_202727_compress19.jpglarge.20210919_202716_compress67.jpglarge.20210919_202710_compress48.jpglarge.20210919_202656_compress32.jpglarge.20210919_202706_compress88.jpg

Edited by Revive
8 people like this

Blessed Earthstrong bredda Revive!  large.ras_cheers.gif

Hope you get ova that hangova soon large.ras_rasta2.gif

large.ras_christmas.gif

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Revive said:

. more will be comming home tomorrow so the tent will start filling up before I know it.. ill be a lot happier once some jars start getting filled dude as they are still at risk in my drying setup.. lost a fair bit when drying last season so keeping me fingers crossed.. :yep:

aww thats a big bummer......loosing harvest in the dryroom.... :(...after so much effort/risk

if you fear it...use a dehimidifier...and / or ... would cut loose all the buds....but yes...i takes more time...and if the buds are harversted in rain....i put a vent on it directly...for the first 12 hours or so......but i know...its not advised normally....but its better as loosing it...

keep up the good work ! :)

Edited by DutchFox
4 people like this

11 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

Blessed Earthstrong bredda Revive!  large.ras_cheers.gif

Hope you get ova that hangova soon large.ras_rasta2.gif

large.ras_christmas.gif

Yes my brother.. thanks for your message.. feeling very delicate atm lol

Thank fuk birthdays only come round once a year.. the way a feel now I don't want to see another beer till then lol..

There's work to be done and I need to be on the ball for it.. have a wicked day ma man..

1 love :yinyang:

3 people like this

9 hours ago, DutchFox said:

aww thats a big bummer......loosing harvest in the dryroom.... :(...after so much effort/risk

if you fear it...use a dehimidifier...and / or ... would cut loose all the buds....but yes...i takes more time...and if the buds are harversted in rain....i put a vent on it directly...for the first 12 hours or so......but i know...its not advised normally....but its better as loosing it...

keep up the good work ! :)

Thanks dude...Its just the first few days that really worries me.. haven't got to much bud in there atm and so far so good.. have another load comming home later so let's see if that changes the RH if so ill bang the oil rad on to pick up the temp a small  bit and that should bring the Rh down a bit.. first opening on the tent im about 59% RH but you see from the pic once the tent is open for a bit it climbs to around 70% .. so im just watching and waiting really :v:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Revive said:

Thanks dude...Its just the first few days that really worries me.. haven't got to much bud in there atm and so far so good.. have another load comming home later so let's see if that changes the RH if so ill bang the oil rad on to pick up the temp a small  bit and that should bring the Rh down a bit.. first opening on the tent im about 59% RH but you see from the pic once the tent is open for a bit it climbs to around 70% .. so im just watching and waiting really :v:

yes...i gues if you can keep it at 59% or lower in the tent you should be oke...

but outsite temperatures will be dropping...so rh  it will go up.....more heating is also tricky.....

with 59% the drying is not so fast...so i would cut loose all  the buds....and in many cases you find some  rot hidden in it.....rot comes mostly from the inside.

you need to remove water out of the drying room one way or the other...1 by venting to outside air....or 2....by dehumidity device...

a second hand dehumidyfier is not that expensive ?...

ps some moveble aircos have a dehymidity built in function...and some a seperate function...

keeping my fingers crossed 4 you !  :) 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, DutchFox said:

yes...i gues if you can keep it at 59% or lower in the tent you should be oke...

but outsite temperatures will be dropping...so rh  it will go up.....more heating is also tricky.....

with 59% the drying is not so fast...so i would cut loose all  the buds....and in many cases you find some  rot hidden in it.....rot comes mostly from the inside.

you need to remove water out of the drying room one way or the other...1 by venting to outside air....or 2....by dehumidity device...

a second hand dehumidyfier is not that expensive ?...

ps some moveble aircos have a dehymidity built in function...and some a seperate function...

keeping my fingers crossed 4 you !  :) 

Looking for a slow dry hence i only did a rough trim.. I figure 10 days 2 weeks should be about right.. as I say I'm watching.. will prob get some moisture traps once a bit more bud is in there as im sure the rh will do up somewhat.. cant run to much power as the lenth of the cable is already about 120 meters.. so this will cause an issue if I run a dehumidifier as well as the exhaust fan and heater.. we shall see how we go mate.. some trays of cat litter will prob be used to so ill just do my best and keep a watchful eye.. if i can keep the rot and mildew at bay a slow dry is always the best bet

4 people like this

Right guys its been a busy day.. first up was the bastard plot.. havent been in a while and with my purple freeze bx1on here being so far into flower and this shitty fuking weather we are having I was obviously worried about the rot..

Well I was quite surprised that there wasn't a speck on anything here..not that was obvious anyway.. she was my only concern really as the 2 affiedaze are only just starting to flower and the 2 serious 6 are not very far in.. as you know this plant has been sick for ages now but she is still hanging in there.. complete different pheno to her sisters but has really struggled for what ever reason.. she smells good now though..  kind of citrus orange smelling... not really that Good with smells and flavours tbh  but thats what i get from her.. most of her leaves and there is not that many are now yellow and dying however she is still throwing out pistils.. checked her through my scope and she is very milky but as I say still firing out pistils.. she is a strange 1 tbh and has been in flower a good while now but doesn't look like she wants to finish.. maybe its cause of the issue she has been having.. no idea why she is so sick tbh but that seems like forever ago... I think a week or 2 she will be down or fuking bald  the 2 affiedaze are doing great.. my favourite is the smaller stout broad leaf 1.. I opened her up a week or so ago and she now looks great.. just going into flower.. her sister is much taller and a complete diff structure but both are really looking good now.. small still but plenty of bud sites.. the talker one is a week in front id say but I do hope both these finish as there gonna be very late by the looks of it.. all girls except the sick girl got some FBB and after a quick check for slug damage which there was none and I was pretty much done there.. oh I removed a few dying leaves from the lower section of them, there wasn't many as there all pretty healthy to be fair.. well here they are..this is my sick girl.. not looking her best by any means but fighting onlarge.20210920_155158_compress83.jpglarge.20210920_155211_compress78.jpglarge.20210920_155240_compress5.jpglarge.20210920_155252_compress60.jpglarge.20210920_155305_compress94.jpg

..first 2 pics are the 1st affie and the bottom 2 the other.. as you can see there very diff in appearancelarge.20210920_155321_compress12.jpglarge.20210920_155330_compress99.jpglarge.20210920_155344_compress80.jpglarge.20210920_155354_compress91.jpg

Next we have the 2 serious 6.. Once again 2 diff phenos.. the bigger is the 1 that twisted round on herself so has recovered well... the other is really healthy just much smaller and is a much darker green.. here they are..top 2 pics are the smaller of the 2large.20210920_155132_compress50.jpglarge.20210920_155121_compress72.jpglarge.20210920_155149_compress63.jpg

right off the the knotweed plot to harvest a couple of ladys.. as you know yesterday I took a couple of big tops from my furthest forward purple freeze bx1..id lost the light and it started to rain so the plan was to harvest her this eve.. and im very glad I did tbh.. she could have prob gone another week but there was a risk to that as the buds were already huge and soaking up all this rain we have been having.. well I can tell you it was the correct decision as she was infact starting to rot.. only a tiny bit but in a few diff places so any longer she would have only got worse.. same with my last remaining MWF, same scenario really few bits of rot here and there so had to come down as another week the loss would have been great..  this eve it was about 5% so the right decisions feel..

well first I promised a few pics of how the plot is looking.. just took some randoms as I had quite a bit to be getting on with and as you no it can take some time taking these girls down.. plot is looking fab tbh I'm really quite excited for what could be if these girls make the finish line..

some nice looking girls on here now and all really healthy considering..

right now let's get into this purple freeze bx1 that got the chop... my word this girl gave me some bud..  the rot was around 5% so im pretty happy with that.. she has had some big nugs on her for some time so to make it this far with all the bad weather, well im pretty chuffed.. now as I went to take her down I realised id made a school boy error by forgetting my gloves so bear handed it was.. fuk me what i state I got in.. this girl is as sticky as fuk with quite a greasy feel to her.. the buds wasn't rock hard quite open structured infact but no airy if that even makes sense.. the smell is also very intense.. quite musky and earthy is what I'm getting right now but fuk it smells good.. well it was bud after bud after bud, even the lower limbs that wasn't getting that much light was stacked with bud..really quite shocked how much she yielded for what id say is a fairly small plant of around 5 feet.. hopefully i got all the rotten bits out but it really was only a few here and there.. so I took some pics of what she gave back once I got her into the lockup and tent.. she only got a rough trim as im gonna try something a lil diff from the normal full wet trim.  Bit of half and half for a slightly slower dry..plus with limited time this prob works better for my situation..  the MWF was a pretty good yielded too.. rock hard nugs on her too.. minimal rot as said about 5% nugs look really nice on her too..large.20210920_201206_compress1.jpglarge.20210920_201215_compress11.jpglarge.20210920_201404_compress4.jpglarge.20210920_204702_compress58.jpglarge.20210920_204723_compress70.jpglarge.20210920_210122_compress68.jpgthat was my purple freeze bx1..

this is my MWF...large.20210920_210102_compress16.jpglarge.20210920_205108_compress87.jpglarge.20210920_205120_compress14.jpg

so the tent is filling up at last, I just pray now it makes it to the jars.. peace out you lovely people :)

10 people like this