Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lmc1978

nutrients

19 posts in this topic

hi everyone a little update ive opted for auto’s for my 1st attempt in coco coir(i already ordered before reading soil may be easier for a total beginner). i got 5gl growbags with the set up i bought but after reading up in ere i get the impression thats to big for autos? so just wondering what size would people recommend and also a good nutrient thats easy to follow? im getting everything in ready so hopefully will be ready to start in a week. thanks for reading

Hey there - I use 20ltr airpot and regular square 20ltr pots. I am a noob with autos still but 24hours soaking in Water then straight in to the coco. I use Green Haze nutes at the moment, seem good enough. 

enjoy

Z

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, zaaboot_1 said:

Hey there - I use 20ltr airpot and regular square 20ltr pots. I am a noob with autos still but 24hours soaking in Water then straight in to the coco. I use Green Haze nutes at the moment, seem good enough. 

enjoy

Z

i cant wait to get going on my 1st grow. 20ltr is roughly 5gl so il use the ones i have for now.il have a look at the green haze il tell ya something tho i never knew that there were so many different ways to growing! feel dizzy sometimes reading the different ways/feeds/equipment people use for growing

thanks for replying

1 person likes this

Have you identified the type of water your area has yet?  I'd do that before choosing nutes. 

1 hour ago, fatboy77 said:

Have you identified the type of water your area has yet?  I'd do that before choosing nutes. 

on the internet it says my area is soft water  dont know how accurate that is.. i tried w few different sites they all said the same. how could i find this out for sure what instrument do i need?

1 person likes this

Just now, lmc1978 said:

on the internet it says my area is soft water  dont know how accurate that is.. i tried w few different sites they all said the same. how could i find this out for sure what instrument do i need?

just checked again with united utilities site it says soft to slightly hard water.. right in the middle it seems! just my luck

1 person likes this

If you're going to be growing in coco you will need an ec pen anyway.  Just check the ec of your tap water. 

Just now, lmc1978 said:

There is a website you can send a sample of your water to. I can't remember what they are called but I'm sure @fatboy77 should be able to inform you:yep:

How often do you need to descale your kettle? I know this far from an accurate way to measure it, but will give you some idea if it is very well soft or hard.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

There is a website you can send a sample of your water to. I can't remember what they are called but I'm sure @fatboy77 should be able to inform 

Growers ark. 

Edited by fatboy77
I use and rate them.

6 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

There is a website you can send a sample of your water to. I can't remember what they are called but I'm sure @fatboy77 should be able to inform you:yep:

How often do you need to descale your kettle? I know this far from an accurate way to measure it, but will give you some idea if it is very well soft or hard.

it seems i will have to get a ec pen if im growing in coco i thought i had read that on here somewhere just wernt 100% sure. thanks again for the help

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

If you're going to be growing in coco you will need an ec pen anyway.  Just check the ec of your tap water. 

do u have any recommendations for a ec pen ive just had a look and there is a few ranging from a tenner upwards to the £80 mark.. thanks again 

Blue lab or essentials are both decent.  You're looking at £80.

Just now, fatboy77 said:

Blue lab or essentials are both decent.  You're looking at £80.

ye i can live with that.my bro in law as grown for years i could ask him these questions but he will try and take over! i want to succeed or fail on my own:mellow: brilliant forum this tho so im sure once im up and running il get all the help i need 

3 people like this

To add to Fatboys's suggestions: HM Digital and Apera. I have a bluelab truncheon and a HM. The BL Truncheon is the most convenient, bullet-proof and most expensive.

Edited by catweazle1
2 people like this

Just now, catweazle1 said:

To add to Fatboys's suggestions: HM Digital and Apera.

who knew there was so much out there for the grower!! i cant believe it once i started lookin at doing this ive been on so many sites and read so many different ways to grow a plant!! wow i avnt even started yet and i think im hooked! thanks again everyone for the replies 

1 person likes this