Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lancaster8

Does anyone ever have any success with autos?

82 posts in this topic
35 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

That monster up this thread is one.

Looks huge is it a nug with nice flave?

On 1/12/2022 at 10:48 AM, GrownInYorkshire said:

yeah, they’re worth it

large.E4CB15BB-FB43-491C-A269-A0E8BEDFF0DF.jpeglarge.28AC3077-C607-4BE1-B8E4-113CD2B71B97.jpeglarge.AE97CBED-B9A1-4E2D-A1C9-9743D4C1BAE1.jpeglarge.F30142FA-C711-4600-AD28-E6BF9D184325.jpeglarge.DE3666AD-58E8-42D9-91C8-EA44338300C4.jpeglarge.71228DCC-B71B-4F18-AE80-F8264E4E6159.jpeglarge.5F97BE4A-44EF-4FA5-99E3-2057C02CDE47.jpeg

This looks delicious, what's that?

1 person likes this

@Herbal Kint it’s a Mephisto genetics freebie seed mate. 64 days from sprout 

1 person likes this

On 26/03/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bayleaf said:

I do the same. However, I've found that auto seeds tend to hold onto their outer casing after germination. 80% of the time I have to 'operate' and get the casing off for them. I only sow them about 5mm underground so that I can get to them easily to operate. I find they nearly always germinate between 3 and 4 days. I don't unearth them, I just gently ease the case off with two tooth picks or similar. Very very gently and slowly!!

Hope that helps

By the way, Ive grown autos from lots of companies and found them all similar re: germination.

I'm not a botanist, but I have heard that the reason they so often don't lose their coating is  because people don't plant them low enough in the soil.

Like you, I barely cover the seed, probably 5mm, but apparently if you plant them in at least a cm or 1/2", the soil drags the casing off as they push their way to the surface.

As I say, not an expert, but makes sense and I plan to plant deeper next time...

2 people like this

As above, but also the way they're oriented can make a difference, you want it so where the seed splits is either pointing towards the surface or to the side.

1 person likes this

@MidgeSmith you're correct imo. If I use root it cube I make sure to ram the seed well down then rip bit off the cube and bung it so it's sealed. They take little longer to push through but be patient and they will come through shell less. I've had to wait 10- 14 days before for ugorg blues but she came eventually. 

1 person likes this

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that MindSoup.

I plant the seed POINTED END UP as apparently, the seedling process is most efficient if the root grows upwards and then turns down.

I've read if  you grow pointy end down, it turns up, then down, wasting energy on growth which doesn't help the seed and can cause the case not to be broken off as the shoot pushes towards the surface.

1 person likes this