Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMorePuff

Mephisto Pinot Noir - Getting the chop at day 68 and looking GORGEOUS

GROW REPORT -

Tent - 4x4x7 '

Light - Mars Hydro TS3000 450w LED

Medium - Biobizz light mix with added worm castings, dolomite lime, perlite, and malted barley in flower.

Feed - Organic dry amendments (4-6-4 grow and 1-4-8 bloom)

Water: Tap water with some PH down (no need for calmag as it's very hard here).

Fairly straightforward grow. I trained her out hard around week 3 when preflowers started showing, she took to training like a dream, every cola round the outside looks like a main.  I don't really defoliate autos, but one thing I did do when I had all those colas trained round the edge, is remove the biggest fan leaf from the inside of each of those tops, which I think really helped get the light down to the middle of the plant and turn those little bottom shoots that normally become larf into proper nugs. I'm confident this plant will be 90-95% nice buds with a tiny bit of popcorn.

I planted her a month after the others I had in the tent (I had a samsquanch OG that I stunted and I didn't think would make it so I planted the Pinot, but they both made it - things got rather cramped towards the end with 6 plants in a 4x4!) Because of this, she had the light to herself for the last few weeks which I'm sure helped the development of the lower/side buds.

She suffered through some cold nights and underfeeding in flower, and she powered through like an absolute trooper.

large.l6g8vi2axcn61.jpglarge.fn786ktaxcn61.jpglarge.e8356zgaxcn61.jpg 

Edited by OneMorePuff
32 people like this

:in_love: She looks beautiful mate

3 people like this

What an absolute stunner! I love me some colours I do.

3 people like this

What cream cracker!! Stunning. 

So happy to have some their genetics now. 

Edited by growinggold
2 people like this

She looks delicious.

3 people like this

I wish I could abuse my girls and have end result like that. Lookin' nice.

Good luck n atb 

3 people like this

Just beautiful. Love colourful plants, and this one's a real firework display !

3 people like this

Thanks all.

I should mention, she's an auto too - so that's 68 days from seed, not 68 days flower.

4 people like this

Lovely colours on that girl, looks superb. 

3 people like this

She's beautiful!  I like a drop of Pinot Noir - have to put that on my list to grow :) 

3 people like this

Seductively stunning indeed! What 'nose' did you get at grape harvest?

2 people like this

Wow what a beauty :D

2 people like this

15 hours ago, BASStard said:

Seductively stunning indeed! What 'nose' did you get at grape harvest?

Nothing 'winey' if that's what people are hoping - I think the strain name is just a pun based on the parent strains names.  Double Grape X Creme De La Chem. 

First few weeks of flower she smelt very sweet and grapey, over the last few weeks the gassy 'chem' smell came in hard, she's hanging up to dry and I'm still getting still strong chemmy smells with a sweet grapey undertone.  I can already tell she's gonna be a lovely smoke.

I also ran one of their Sour Stomper x Creme De La Chem this run and that's already curing/being smoked, and it's really great, very unique... never smoked anything like it.  It had a similar quality of sweet/sour smells for the first few weeks with the CDLC smells coming in towards the end, and the sour chemmy smell comes out so strong when you grind up a nug.  It tastes nothing like sour diesel, but it tastes JUST like what I imagined sour diesel would taste like when I'd only heard the name, only with a bit of sweetness in there too.

Very impressed with Mephisto's genetics I must say, although I also ran a 'Chemdogging' from them this run and it turned out pretty forgettable, just like a mild floral citrusy haze kind of flavour.  It's potent to be fair, just not a flavour I like.  Also wasn't impressed with the Sour Livers I ran from them.  Everything else of theirs I've run has been very nice though. 

I think even the not so great results are just down to the pheno dice roll of growing from seed, and me being a fussy bastard. Hence why I've started a photoperiod run with a pack of Pyschosis BX2, looking for a mother to keep.

2 people like this

Cheers @OneMorePuff for the write up. Well grown, shame about the lack of 'plonk' smells/flavour but like all Meph stuff it sound great. I've got a few of their strains that I'll be doing the next few runs.