Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoGo1906

Best HPS 600W Bulbs

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi folks I am looking to replace my hps bulbs for any better then one that I have now called Lumi black, can You recommend any best bulb in Yr opinion? I thinking about Philips Master greenpower +

Edited by Owderb
1 person likes this

Never tried the greenpower, I hear they are very good. They're also quite expensive. Phillips son t plus or osram are great. Sunmaster and Sylvania make some hps with a touch of blue. 

Basically I stick with the big names, never gone wrong with em. 

2 people like this

The green power are the best in that category tbh but both sunmaster and sylvania arew good too. 

Cheaper bulbs aren't always bad, though I've heard consistently poor reviews of the lumii offerings. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Philips invented HPS and CMH. I use Green Powers.... not that I'm an authority! :D

Edited by catweazle1
3 people like this

Theres not a great deal of difference between them all mate come the end of the grow. Ive tried most of them including green power and I didn't think they were all that especially for how much they charged for them

Owd

4 people like this

i useally use cheapos, and find they work well enough. the lumii black and omegas are pretty crap, id move up a notch and go with sunblasters or sunmasters, to be honest. 

i couldnt force myself to pay nearly 50 sheets for a lamp, f*ck that!

4 people like this

Currently using omegas and on my last crop.hit around a gpw so don't think there's much difference, I'll be going led come summer.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Owderb said:

Theres not a great deal of difference between them all mate come the end of the grow. Ive tried most of them including green power and I didn't think they were all that especially for how much they charged for them

Owd

So which 1 You recommend? 

If its the ordinary HPS then a Sunmaster will be fine. I used them for years but I use the 400v bulbs now

Owd

1 person likes this

Just now, Owderb said:

If its the ordinary HPS then a Sunmaster will be fine. I used them for years but I use the 400v bulbs now

Owd

Yeah is standard hps sheed with 600w digital ballast, I just read now that them philips Master son T PIA + are not suitable for these ballast do this is true? 

No idea mate

Owd

53 minutes ago, GoGo1906 said:

Yeah is standard hps sheed with 600w digital ballast, I just read now that them philips Master son T PIA + are not suitable for these ballast do this is true? 

They better work for £65... looks a standard hps. Like said,get a sunmaster for 27ish

1 person likes this

If it's standard sodiums then Osram Vialox Son T Plus have high lumen ratings and last for years.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, anarchycamp said:

1 hour ago, anarchycamp said:

They better work for £65... looks a standard hps. Like said,get a sunmaster for 27ish

I think that they better ad everyone now philips and osram are premium products, BTW sunmaster is dual spec i don't need dual spec just Flo as I do 12/12 from seed so...

Edited by GoGo1906

@GoGo1906 That'll be their dual spectrum bulb aye, that's just their popular bulb. You'll want their 2000K flowering bulb, like moi