Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

growerdude

Autos in 1 square meter tent

Hi so first of all id like to say I'm new on here, but really glad that I found this forum.

So on to my topic, Ive germinated and planted 18 different plants (5 strains) and as of now they are in 3,5l pots. But I've read so much about that the size of the pots can really determine how big the plants get, and my plan is to put them into 7l pots when they are at day 18. As of now the second set of leaves have sprung and are starting to grow. I feel like there are a lot of experts here from which I could benefit, are 18 plants in 7l pots suitable for the 1 square meter tent Ive got or should I sacrifice some of them to let the others have more space? And is a 7l pot too small or is it fine? (they are all autos) As of now they are growing well and seem to have it great but I'm just worried that it will be too crammed in there when they get bigger. Ive also thought about maybe only having 3 of each strain, as I now have 5 of each... I would really love some input!

Im only a newbe myself but 18 plants in a 1m Sq tents seems a lot to me. Are you doing a SoG or something?

For example, Im rockin 4 in a 1.2m Sq. Ive had a long veg yes but its crowded in there.

Edited by mysticriver
1 person likes this

It can be done using small pots, not quite sure but 3 litre ones maybe, and lollipop the lot.

1 person likes this

Appreciate the answer guys! I was planning on doing LST but idk if thats a viable option for that amount of plants. I want maximum yield of the most amount of plants I can have in 1 square meter so id love to get different input and help on the topic.

@HippyHair well I have them in 3,5l pots right now, but I think I will move them to a 5 or 7l pot. Do you think they'd have it better in the bigger pots and also yield more even if it means I cant have as many in the grow tent? Also do you think Low Stress Training would give me more end product and/or be beneficial for me?

I would not pot them up to anything larger than 3 litre as i thought you can't fit 18 in the tent if you went bigger.

If i was you i would just worry about 4 or 5 plants. But fuckit put the lot in and see how it goes.

1 person likes this

Okay yea makes sense, and well I think imma have less plants but in bigger pots to let em get bigger and have a better yield. I am also thinking about LST and topping but I have no idea on when to start with or how to do it, and Id appreciate it if you could come with some input on those topics.

Hey - it is up to personal preference mate, lots of small plants will give XX and 3/4 in the same space well trained will give the same. 

I have just started my first autos in a 1mtr tent and I started with two but ended up with three because one was being daft, so panicked and planted one more. I pictured using 2 or 3 max to get a flat canopy and maximize space and using as few plants as possible

horses for course 

Take care

1 person likes this

On 24/02/2021 at 11:35 AM, growerdude said:

Hi so first of all id like to say I'm new on here, but really glad that I found this forum.

So on to my topic, Ive germinated and planted 18 different plants (5 strains) and as of now they are in 3,5l pots. But I've read so much about that the size of the pots can really determine how big the plants get, and my plan is to put them into 7l pots when they are at day 18. As of now the second set of leaves have sprung and are starting to grow. I feel like there are a lot of experts here from which I could benefit, are 18 plants in 7l pots suitable for the 1 square meter tent Ive got or should I sacrifice some of them to let the others have more space? And is a 7l pot too small or is it fine? (they are all autos) As of now they are growing well and seem to have it great but I'm just worried that it will be too crammed in there when they get bigger. Ive also thought about maybe only having 3 of each strain, as I now have 5 of each... I would really love some input!

I know nothing so ignore this by all means but 18 plants in 1m2 seems crazy to me how high can you lift light anything other than a cfl will need about a foot or 2 distance from canopy min in flower and id bet ull struggle with air flow with all them plants crammed together but as i mentioned i no absolutely nothing am a newbie too so ignore away happy growing 

Ps get some pics up am interested to see the diary 

Hey I just wanna give yall some infos on the grow, so I'm finna do a SoG grow this time and do some training with the next grow when I have fewer plants but I'm interested in trying out the SoG method this time. Other than that I have 6 nd a half feet of vertical space to let the plants grow. As I stated in the first post I have 5 strains (GSC,Purple Punch,Gorilla Glue,Skunk and Runtz) and I'm really exited to see what they'll yield and also how big they'll get. Ill upload some photos and soon as I have transplanted em to their final pots. I have a automated watering system and have enough space to have the right distance between the plants nd the light when they grow bigger. Any thing I have to look out for or tips nd tricks when growing SoG would be much appreciated. 

Posted (edited)

large.770E7BFD-58F5-40E0-9869-EF96C4FDB529.jpegHere are my 4 in a 1.2M Sq. They've had 12 wks veg cos I had issues earlier on. This is 5 days from flip. Its rammed. Im not suggesting your plants will be anywhere near this big, but you get the idea.

P.S. hows it looking fella's?

mysticriver

Edited by mysticriver