Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hashleyz

Seedlings and PH

Hi all, I moved my seedlings into the DWCs yesterday so I didn’t have to keep moving them around incase I damaged the roots. I have the aquarium heaters on (tents in garage) and the airstones running however the pots are NOT in the water. Condensation is keeping the net pots damp so I haven’t needed to water but as I’m only using water and nothing else I cant keep the PH below 7/7.5. 

The seedlings still have their cotyledons and look happy but I’m worried about the PH killing them off. 

When I do start to add nutrients will this help to keep the PH stable and should I take any action now. I dont want to keep messing around with them if I don’t have to. 

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this

Sorry, meant to put ‘I’m only using water and PH down’ which I believe is nitric acid, the dutch pro grow version. (Wouldn’t let me edit the OP)

1 person likes this

get some food into them, set the ec to 0.6 and ph to 5.6,

they will feed on this and ph will rise over the next couple or three days. 

let it rise to 6.5ph, before using ph down to bring it back to 5.6/5.7

keep an eye on res temps, try not to let them go above 22 degrees c.

good luck

1 person likes this

@badbillybob thanks mate. I’ll mix up my first batch of nutrient water today, plants are really happy. Been keeping an eye on PH and adding the tinest of drops which lowers it back down to 5.8/6. Roots have touchdown into the water now and res temps are stable between 20/22c throughout the day and 18c at night. 

1 person likes this

another top tip, i water down my ph down by adding  50% water 50% ph down, and put it in a seperate glass jar, it makes it less likely to over do it when phing down.

2 people like this

@badbillybob

I’m warming up 60l of water and aerating with an airstone as we speak. My base ec is 0.6  (260ppm on tds meter) so should I just keep it at this for now until they are a bit bigger or add a very minute amount of nutrients? Tia

yes add some nutrient, to 0.8 say

1 person likes this