Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


DeltaMelter

BIG thank you

18 posts in this topic

I'm brand new here, this is pretty much my first proper post so I hope this is OK.

 

2020 was a bad year for a lot of us, I was finally planning my first grow to supply myself and help a family member with cancer.  Well covid finished the job before the cancer could and most of my family were also infected visiting in the hospital. I'm carrying on though because I've started now and to be honest I'm getting a lot out of the process, the learning (a lot of it from lurking here) and the plants themselves - it's horticultural therapy y'know :D

 

After doing a mind-bending amount of research on seeds last year I went for UGORG and I'm so glad I did. Had a bit of a problem with my order but UGORG sorted everything out and I ended up some free No Names too. I have UGORG#1 (F2) and PremierSweet for my first run and Blues, DiscoBiscuits and Footloose planned for my next.

 

@VRG thanks again, you have given me a proper boost when I was down and if everyone in business behaved a bit more like this then the world would be a better place.

22 people like this

Share this post


Link to post


Welcome man 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome man, can’t go wrong with ugorg, you did great research and it really is a great hobby.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, bushdoc said:

Welcome man, can’t go wrong with ugorg, you did great research and it really is a great hobby.

Thank you - so far so good. Back in the 90s I ran into the old skool Exodus cheese (but only once) really hoping to get something special from the UGORG#1 and I don't think Ive ever had a proper Sativa (outside the 'dam) so the Premier Sweet looks really awesome too.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

Thank you - so far so good. Back in the 90s I ran into the old skool Exodus cheese (but only once) really hoping to get something special from the UGORG#1 and I don't think Ive ever had a proper Sativa (outside the 'dam) so the Premier Sweet looks really awesome too.

The true exodus cheese is like rocking horse shit these days.. dam i miss that cut.. I was lucky enough to be in possession of this cut for about 10 yrs, till the door went in and I lost my last 20 clones :police: shit cunts id still have it today if it wasn't for those bastards.. never to be seen again round these parts..  I do infact no a man that still has it.. my old partner ...sadly money put end to our agreement and friendship so that was the end of that... welcome to the boards man.. hear great things about ugorg so im sure you will have something real tasty come harvest time.. sorry to hear of your loss dude..  peace :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Revive said:

 

Welcome to the boards man.. hear great things about ugorg so im sure you will have something real tasty come harvest time.. sorry to hear of your loss dude..  peace :yinyang:

Thanks man, it can't be any worse than the tripe that passes for smoke around here at the minute!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

Thanks man, it can't be any worse than the tripe that passes for smoke around here at the minute!

1000 bollox bud I call it, every tom dick and Sally has been moving it about in there pants and so forth.. thats what I love about self sufficiency nobody has even looked at it let alone touched it.. big thing for me dude :skin_up:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Revive said:

1000 bollox bud I call it, every tom dick and Sally has been moving it about in there pants and so forth.. thats what I love about self sufficiency nobody has even looked at it let alone touched it.. big thing for me dude :skin_up:

Absolutely, from bits of plastic in hash (yeah, I'm old enough to remember that) to gritweed through to just plain old crap and mouldy buds in lockdown, I won't be missing much. :wanker:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Really sorry to hear of your loss in such shitty times,the bad circumstances we all find ourselves in must compound any bad feelings that are generated but you are right,this is a very therapeutic hobby . Perhaps you should look into gardening in general for food or pleasure ,it's very grounding.

 

The #1 F2's you are growing out for your first grow are  pretty special in VRG's opinion so it might be worth letting a male or 2 drop some pollen for collecting so you can have a play in future.There's threads on storing pollen somewhere on here,and whilst I might not suggest you plough straight into seed hacking on your very first grow,it's fun and very rewarding in it's own way.To be honest.all the strains you are growing are worth having a play with in terms of making seeds,but let's get you walking before we ask you to run.

 

Running a diary  with pic's etc makes helping you a bit easier if problems do occur,but  you sound as If you have researched well ,good luck with the grow and make sure to do some thorough research on harvesting and curing too.

 

:hippy:

Gumbo.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Gumbo said:

Really sorry to hear of your loss in such shitty times,the bad circumstances we all find ourselves in must compound any bad feelings that are generated but you are right,this is a very therapeutic hobby . Perhaps you should look into gardening in general for food or pleasure ,it's very grounding.

 

The #1 F2's you are growing out for your first grow are  pretty special in VRG's opinion so it might be worth letting a male or 2 drop some pollen for collecting so you can have a play in future.There's threads on storing pollen somewhere on here,and whilst I might not suggest you plough straight into seed hacking on your very first grow,it's fun and very rewarding in it's own way.To be honest.all the strains you are growing are worth having a play with in terms of making seeds,but let's get you walking before we ask you to run.

 

Running a diary  with pic's etc makes helping you a bit easier if problems do occur,but  you sound as If you have researched well ,good luck with the grow and make sure to do some thorough research on harvesting and curing too.

 

:hippy:

Gumbo.

Thank you Gumbo, my wife is a decent gardener (regular flowers!) so I have a bit of help on hand - she calls the plants my "precious princesses" as I'm constantly checking up on their temps and well being.

 

I have only planted 4 of the UGORG#1 F2 for this run as I do plan on keeping a male in a future run. I have some Holy Grail Kush seeds (DNA) so I might be tempted with a UGORG#1 cross with Holy Grail Kush but will probably get a couple of runs under my belt first :cowboy:

 

I have just cloned them and I'm going to force flower the clones so I can sex them early and get my numbers sorted. Assuming I managed to clone them OK!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Glad to hear you haven't started the whole pack as that seemed scarily ambitious to me considering their rarity,and perhaps consider crossing them with themselves when you do the Holy Grail pollen chuck as I seem to recall VRG was quite excited about the potential genetics contained within.

 

Clones are also a great way to preserve anything special that turns up,so often I've read about regrets for not cloning this or that plant,and to make a mother plant.There's a superb guide (I think by OT1) on creating and maintaining Bonsai mums somewhere on these boards.There are also some great guides on cloning somewhere here (probably the same section) ,and keep in mind that if you struggle with it an aeroponic cloner is a pretty handy bit of kit,won't cost a fortune and can also be used by the wife for such things as Fuscias ,Tumbelina Petunias(the scented ones) and all kinds of beautiful things.

 

It's great you have a hobby tolerant wife and I'm sure her knowledge will come in useful at some point.One tiny word of caution though about the dreaded Borg (spider mites).Certain flowering species like Datura/Brugmansias and I'm sure many others are a total magnet for these little bastards as are Tomato plants if memory serves so be careful about transferring them into your grow.One great preventative measure can be biological control in the form of a predatory mite named Amblyseius californicus which you can get in sachets that hang on a branch of each plant.As far as I know know the best supplier is Dragonfli and they are relatively inexpensive.

 

I think I've waffled enough at you for now,does sound like you have the bug that has afflicted so many of us here if your wife is already calling them your 'Precious Princess'

 

:hippy:

Gumbo.

 

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gumbo said:

Glad to hear you haven't started the whole pack as that seemed scarily ambitious to me considering their rarity,and perhaps consider crossing them with themselves when you do the Holy Grail pollen chuck as I seem to recall VRG was quite excited about the potential genetics contained within.

 

Clones are also a great way to preserve anything special that turns up,so often I've read about regrets for not cloning this or that plant,and to make a mother plant.There's a superb guide (I think by OT1) on creating and maintaining Bonsai mums somewhere on these boards.There are also some great guides on cloning somewhere here (probably the same section) ,and keep in mind that if you struggle with it an aeroponic cloner is a pretty handy bit of kit,won't cost a fortune and can also be used by the wife for such things as Fuscias ,Tumbelina Petunias(the scented ones) and all kinds of beautiful things.

 

It's great you have a hobby tolerant wife and I'm sure her knowledge will come in useful at some point.One tiny word of caution though about the dreaded Borg (spider mites).Certain flowering species like Datura/Brugmansias and I'm sure many others are a total magnet for these little bastards as are Tomato plants if memory serves so be careful about transferring them into your grow.One great preventative measure can be biological control in the form of a predatory mite named Amblyseius californicus which you can get in sachets that hang on a branch of each plant.As far as I know know the best supplier is Dragonfli and they are relatively inexpensive.

 

I think I've waffled enough at you for now,does sound like you have the bug that has afflicted so many of us here if your wife is already calling them your 'Precious Princess'

 

:hippy:

Gumbo.

 

 

 

Much appreciated Gumbo - I'm keeping it all indoor at the moment and not letting the dog in the room and making sure I change clothes if I've been outside to minimise the transfer risk for bugs. Fitted some filters to the intakes too so hopefully I can keep it clean. Had a few tiny flies but I'm pretty sure they came from the worm casts and are no big deal. Thanks for the tip on the Amblyseius californicus I have bookmarked that one just in case as I hadn't heard of them.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Gender reveal!

 

Looks like out of 4x UGORG #1 I have 3 Ladies and also with the Premier Sweet I have 3 out of 4 Ladies too. This is on preflowers though so I'm not 100% sure yet but I see white hairs on 75% of them so far so I figure that's a nice result for my first go.

 

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

I'm about 3 1/2 weeks into flower and just sticking my head into the tent is starting to smell glorious. I will try to take a few pics, they all seem happy and I didn't even feed them in veg. They are getting 2ml BioBizz bloom at the minute and that's pretty much it. Gave them 1ml of Fishmix during the first couple of weeks of flower with 1ml Bloom and they seemed OK with that.

 

Herb this stinky should come with a lawyer :fart:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Let’s see the goods then! 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now