Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stonerwizard

Mr Nice seeds

34 posts in this topic

After reading a few of the old school strains threads on here and agreeing with the view that the stuff coming from the states isn’t what it’s hyped to be and missing an actual experience from weed and it not just looking and smelling nice in a bag. 

With that said I’m looking at some of Mr Nice strains and I just wondered what people’s experience of growing their genetics are? 
The strains I have been looking at are things like: medicine man, shit, afghan skunk, devil and nhs. I’m sure I’m missing some out. if I am please recommend some. 

From my understanding their breeding isn’t as locked in as some strains so there can be a bit of a pheno hunt, which I’m ok with if there’s something special in there. 
I have grown a single female of medicine man before which I remember being quite strong. Although that must have been 6 years ago and I know a lot can change with a strain in that time of parents are lost. 

Wizard :oldtoker:

4 people like this

Never tried, always thought they were a lot more expensive than the same variants from other seed banks. Super silver haze - mr nice is like 10 times the price of most other seed banks

2 people like this

@sweettooth yes but shanti is the only person that has the parents to the strain.

So, you can pay 1/10 the price for another seedbanks "version" but guess what you get........not ssh

8 people like this

Ive never looked into the origin of strains. Is shanti a priate or a Ja rule version of ashanti?

google - "Shantibaba, lead geneticist and founder of both Mr. Nice Seedbank and Greenhouse Seed Mr. Nice Seedbank"

dam attitude. they list SSH from nice as £117 (because they are packs of 15)
greenhouse is only £6.80 so £96 for 15 - same shanti person though?

I've just cropped a Spice. Tragic name and it took all of 9 weeks not the promised 7-8, but a nice fruity/winey flavour and a distinctive feelgood high, will be running it again soon.

Put up with some adverse growing conditions but still produced a decent yield.

6 people like this

wow in all the years I have been on here never had someone be arsey about me asking a question. I am asking about the quality of a breeders current work. I have been out of the scene for a while and a lot can change in the canna world with lost parent stock etc. Would you have preferred I I had started a thread for each individual strain of theirs I am considering purchasing? 

32 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I've just cropped a Spice. Tragic name and it took all of 9 weeks not the promised 7-8, but a nice fruity/winey flavour and a distinctive feelgood high, will be running it again soon.

Put up with some adverse growing conditions but still produced a decent yield.

haha I have seen spice and fancied growing it but I can imagine the conversation my mates would have with me if I said I was smoking spice lol  

19 people like this

1 hour ago, stonerwizard said:

haha I have seen spice and fancied growing it but I can imagine the conversation my mates would have with me if I said I was smoking spice lol  

That shit went right past me at fist. When I was trying to get my hands on the good old K2, I got the weirdest looks. :(

Edited by Renard
3 people like this

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

:yep: stick with it dude! I ran Spice for a couple of years :) for me it was fecking ace, my main go to and i really miss it, everyone that tried it loved it, it had such a happy hazy high and lovely smell and was a great producer..

still got a couple of packs <_<

got some Mango Widow and Nev’s Skunk to go through too :stoned: 

5 people like this

1 hour ago, stonerwizard said:

been there lol

call it by it’s old name - Hawaii Five-O

4 people like this

I’ll add it to my list. 
how to you find the variation between the different plants? So of the bits I have read so far talk about a the breeding being good but you get 15 seeds because there is that variation in them. 

3 hours ago, sweettooth said:

greenhouse is only £6.80 so £96 for 15 - same shanti person though?

Was, the same person. He took his stock with him when he left and greenhouse dont have access to any of the fathers and only a few of the original mothers. 

So like I say. When your buying other breeders version of say ssh. It isn't ssh. It may be offspring off ssh. F2, s1. Ssh x or none of the above. 

Pays to do your research in this game and know exactly what parents have gone into the line if you are after spefic strains. Especially old ones or strains that carry a name that sells. 

14 people like this

@stonerwizard theirs no school like the old school and shantibaba is the headmaster!

Much like yourself I thought I'd really like to balance out my grows with something from yesteryear so plumped for Mr Nice Black widow. 

Got 90% germ rates from 16 beans (they usually chuck a few more in then what is listed) and out of them I got 6 females. 

Fair a bit of variety with one very sativa leaning pheno with a lovely spicy aroma to it that is going to take longer than the rest as I'm now into 9th week of flower. Unfortunately my cuttings for a possible  mother never rooted (except for the free Romberry seed with my order which actually smells and has grown really well so far) 

Id like to try the medicine man you've mentioned (Orginal white rhino hands down the strongest strain I've ever smoked) and the mango haze sounds something special if you have the patience for the flowering time. 

5 people like this

@Greenthumbgardener thank you. To be honest if I’m growing a pack for the first time I don’t mind a bit of mix if there is something special in there. We all have different tastes after all. You’ll have to let me know what you think once they’re dried and cured. Could be another one added to the list. 
I think I only grew one out of the medicine man all I remember about it was it was a lot more of a body and mind stone compared to the blues I had been smoking. I love blues for the creativity but sometimes I need something to turn my brain off. 
I have the mango haze in my wish list on attitude but like you I can’t do that long flower at the moment. Although once I have a nice mix in my jars I’m hoping to try and do 4 sativas in my 1.2 tent. Might even get one of the new gen leds and do them over summer. 

thanks again 

4 people like this

I was lucky , unaware though how lucky I was to have a few of the early GHS hacks , when it was Shantis' lines . Black widow though ain't like typical pre 98 or coffeeshop clone white widow . An odd genotype exotic and many ,many weeks flowering .

Early queen sounds good .I'd like to see some grown outside , real reports before chancing them .

3 people like this