Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

scissorhands

new growth at harvest time

26 posts in this topic

hi, ive been lurking for ages but this is my first post, i couldnt find the answer to my question so ive made an account to ask it myself, i hope someone can help me cz i really dont know what to do for the best right now. my plants are a week past their harvest date according to the seed pack. im growing barneys blue cheese and liberty haze, chosen because they both have the exact same flowering time according to the breeders website, 60-65 days. today is day 69. im growing in coco in a small room using canna nutes- a&b, rhizo, cannazym, pk and molasses as a boost. ive got 12 plants under 3x 600w hps. i was due to chop last weekend but most of them had main colas that werent ready even tho the side colas looked like they were (which is the opposite of my usual experience) so i left them and have kept a close eye on them over this week and found that ive had a lot of regrowth on my main colas. some of them have turned a funny shape and are kind of square looking and there have been new white pistils shooting out and a few small roundish leaves growing out through the bud. my trichs are mostly cloudy but i have no proper loupe so im using my cameras zoom to look at them so its not all that clear as i have no tripod. ive found a bit of info on the subject that says it might be a problem with too much light so i have turned all 3 lights down to 400w and have been reducing the light by 10 min in the morning and 10 min at night (so 20 min per day) for the past week. i have also had problems with my temps being too cold during the dark hours. they were reaching 10 degrees but it does not seem to have had any adverse effect on them, ive had no probs at all until this. this past week ive bought a little heater cz i took one plant down last weekend but have no separate space to dry so ive had to fashion a little cardboard wardrobe to hang my buds to dry in. the little heater has taken the temps in there up to about 14-15 in the dark. i dont think raising the temps during the dark could of caused the regrowth as it started before i put the heater in there. maybe its adding to it tho?? of the regrowth, as of last night there was only one plant that had brand new pistils on one cola, the rest that have white pistils all look to be settling down and turning orange now. as i was planning on chopping last weekend they have now had no nutes for the past 2 weeks and the leaves are starting to turn yellow as expected. so my question is, should i leave them for another week until the hairs on the new growth has turned orange or should i chop them now? i know im meant to go by terps and not pistils but its hard to see what im looking at through my zoom. i dont have the option of chopping odd branches off as i only have one room to use. if the advice is to leave them for longer, should i give them some nutes? i hope ive put this in the right section. tia for any advice

1 person likes this

Any chance you got a light leak? Sounds like they're trying to reveg maybe 

Any pics? 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, KC said:

Any chance you got a light leak? Sounds like they're trying to reveg maybe 

Any pics? 

i dont think so. ive been growing in the same room for a while now and never had any probs before. i have been going in there in the dark to check the temps for the past couple of weeks but the hallway outside is in total darkess before i open the g/room door. i put the torch on my phone but cover the light up with my hands and just let a little chink out to shine on my thermometer when im right next to it. this heater that i have put in there has a bit of a red glow about 2cm square but its on the floor and well away from the colas that are having the probs and its only been in there for the last 5 days and this prob started before that. one blue cheese plant that was topped twice (so has 4 main colas) has had one of these funny square shaped colas for most of its life. the other 3 are normal shaped as were the ones on all the other plants up until this past week or so. ive only been taking close up pics to try and see the terps but i can defo take some tonight so you can see what they look like. thanks a lot for getting back to me

double check your timer .....

... it happens

1 person likes this

Some strains would even get upset with a pinprick if light. Just something to bear in mind 

1 person likes this

Some photos would definitely be helpful, sounds more like foxtailing than reveging to me, I've had a couple of mine that started foxtailing like mad over the last week or two, the rest of the buds rippened up nicely but the top colas just kept going, so chopped based on how ready the rest of the plant was.

5 people like this

35 minutes ago, ScapeGoat said:

double check your timer .....

... it happens

i havnt been using a timer lol. i havnt been out the house since last march so ive been using my phone alarm and doing it by hand. im always bang on and have never missed it

1 person likes this

Ive has strains do this when left a little longer shooting like dreads of new growth with quite a few single bladed leaves on then.

I just chop the spurts off when harvesting and throw em in the hashpile.

2 people like this

March  lol

Just now, btk1977 said:

Some photos would definitely be helpful, sounds more like foxtailing than reveging to me, I've had a couple of mine that started foxtailing like mad over the last week or two, the rest of the buds rippened up nicely but the top colas just kept going, so chopped based on how ready the rest of the plant was.

im gonna take some photos soon as my lights come on tonight. fingers crossed it is foxtailing. one of my strains is blue cheese which often does that. its all theses new fat white hairs that are throwing me off. im really gagging to get them chopped

1 person likes this

Just now, Nuggsy said:

March  lol

haha no joke. furthest ive been is tesco

3 people like this

Just now, scissorhands said:

im gonna take some photos soon as my lights come on tonight. fingers crossed it is foxtailing. one of my strains is blue cheese which often does that. its all theses new fat white hairs that are throwing me off. im really gagging to get them chopped

Sounds like it to me, when I get those late foxtail bursts its often combined with the weird little single bladed leaves you described and the pistils are often chunkier than the 'normal' ones they put out fme.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Ive has strains do this when left a little longer shooting like dreads of new growth with quite a few single bladed leaves on then.

I just chop the spurts off when harvesting and throw em in the hashpile.

would you harvest now then? most of these new white hairs are starting to turn orange now so im wondering if i should leave them to finish or go by the rest of the plant

Just now, btk1977 said:

Sounds like it to me, when I get those late foxtail bursts its often combined with the weird little single bladed leaves you described and the pistils are often chunkier than the 'normal' ones they put out fme.

ye thats exactly it. tiny little single blade leaves that are more rounded than usual popping out from in between the buds and the pistils look ever so fat

1 person likes this

Sounds like they're ready to me

2 people like this