Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Astanton111

Bubble problem

Evening all 

Just been making some bubble from my trim and it dosnt look great.

It's only my 2nd time. The 1st came out great 

I used my fine trim in my mini washing machine. 

Everything came out very green and frothy.

Most of the concentrait seemed to be in my 25micron bag at the end and everything it a shade of green.

Last time I had some realy nice blonde stuff in my last 2 bags but this time it's all green.

Is this from using to fine trim. Was in a 220 micron zip up bag and also filtered out the machine into a 220 as the 1st bag. 

Just drying now so hopefully still nice and tasty 

I’ve never used a machine for bubble but it tends to come out green when you’ve over-mixed it. Try doing it for less time or less vigorously next time

1 person likes this

Cheera @SkullDuggery I don't think I mixed for any longer than last time but I did have a lot more material in there this time around 

What was your second bag after the 220? I dry sift and would certainly find contaminants in my 110 screen if I went too fine.

Perhaps dry it out and break it up finely and try some static "tech" (apparently) on it? It may help to remove some solid plant matter. 

Other thing could be how fresh your trim was? Was there a difference in its stage of drying or curing? Fresh or frozen etc. Potential for chlorophyll depending on what your starting material was I suppose 

Itll be fine mate. Mine always has a green tint, I probably do over mix but I dont want to waste any. Once you press it itll still turn brown and you'll never know the difference

1 person likes this

Recently I've been making lots, mostly just using the 160 as the work bag and 45 as the catch. No machine bag. Tried using a 25 a few times but it's very rarely worth it (quality, yield and time to drain vs 45.), and usually only get a very small yield with a lot more more green from anything over 160 (sometimes 160-190 will give a tiny bit of something very nice though the 220 has only ever been pointless). I've not tried with a machine bag but wouldn't bother, seems like most who've tried with and without prefer not using one and the 5 gallon machines are pretty quick and easy to clean. 

Watch these frenchy cannoli vids if you haven't already, and have a spare few hours 1 2 but the main points are -

- Soak dry trim for at least 15 mins so it's fully saturated (I got very mixed results before heeding this part).

- Use enough ice to keep the water as cold as possible, but not more. Once you are down to a nice cold temp just top up with a few handfuls of ice to keep a few clinking around. - Lots of peeps on the bubble and extract reddit subs are using only chillers now (no ice), and I've had some good results with just water too so far (left 5 gallons outside in 0c and worked in a very cold room), by making a large single iceberg and just sitting it in the machine for a while, and also by putting a pan full of ice in the top of the machine (so it just sits in the top of the water while it runs). Too much ice in the mix, especially for longer runs, seems to give more green (or actually it often seems to give 1 good run then lots of contaminants in consecutive ones, but overall more contaminants to clean kief if ya follow)..

- Blast well with a spray nozzle or in the shower (aggressively sifting while spraying for minutes if needed - imo more kief in the bag makes this more effective so rather than blasting each run individually you can do it all together at the end, obviously separating blasts by mesh size if u like).

- To dry, clump it together, and if it's very sticky resin, freeze it, grate, then dry. This is a pita though and if it's drier resin and/or cold enough, and you work quickly, you can just sieve or grate while moist.

Imo pre-freezing the material doesn't make much difference (and there's an argument it causes more chlorophyll to leach into the water). Probably makes more sense to use the freezer space to make extra ice or chill water as the mix of water ice and trim/buds will attempt to reach equilibrium either way, and unless you run in an actual walk in freezer that probably wont be below freezing point so the material will not remain frozen for very long submerged in even the iciest of ice water (nor do you likely want it to, you want it saturated/wet just very, very cold - commercial hash production could maybe see something along the lines of pressurised machines where water stays liquid at sub zero temps).. 

If it's still green after blasting, your starting material isn't great, or you just want to clean it up as much as possible, you can add the already sieved and blasted kief to a jar of chilled water, shake it up then leave it to settle. The contaminants take longer to fall so by waiting a few minutes then syphoning most of the liquid off you are left with significantly cleaner kief. Some terps are water soluble so strain dependant you might lose some flavour doing this so ymmv but it is quite effective.

Edited by uBercaMeL
6 people like this

i stopped putting ice in the 220 machine bag was opening the zip, i only use 220 machine bag plus a 220 drain bag and the 25 is perfect for myself.

@uBercaMeL

Great advice and mimics my limited experience. Great to have someone detail this so well. Condensed several hours of vids.....:bong:

1 person likes this

Cheers guys some realy good stuff here. Always count on you lot.

It's dry now and looks allot better.

Impressed with how much Is there this time.

Will get some pics in soon 

1 person likes this