Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Prophet

Sweet Singles Night - 65w Cream Mandarine - Single Plant

41 posts in this topic

7th Sweet Seeds Competition - Single Plant - 65 Watt LED - Cream Mandarine F1 

Once again I find myself looking at an empty box, which was once so full of green delights. The time has come to fire up the mini grow-drobe and crack some beans! As always many thanks to the Sweet Seeds team for organising these competitions. Incredibly generous prizes! Shame about the 'no seeds to the UK' at the moment but i understand. Luckily I've got one or two beans left over from previous competitions :)

For those who have not seen any of my previous grows, I use a super low power setup in mini grow-drobe. Dimensions are:

large_box.png

large.20210117_100619.jpg

For power I'm using a DIYLEDUK 65w veg panel that I've had good results with in the past:

large.large.IMGP0051.JPG.bf80985572114aa07d6088f918e23379.jpg

I'm using a firm favourite of seed, the F1 Cream Mandarine:

large.mandarine.png

Extraction is via a 4" fan and Rhino Pro filter.

So the only left to do is to stick a bean in a cup and cross fingers! After a couple days something green appeared:

large.large.IMGP0064.JPG.6ef8acbeacd5211e4e83088630cbc0ce.jpg

After a another few days we saw healthy leaves:

large.large.IMGP0072.JPG.180517a413d5163d22e51d7d327777de.jpg

Unfortunately i didn't realise the pot was cracked so she got transplanted into a pot noodle cup :) Here she is a week later:

large.20210116_090620.jpg

And after one more week i decided to pot her up into her final pot:

large.20210119_180707.jpg

large.20210119_181208.jpg 

And that's where we are today :) two weeks in and apart from some slight damage from being too close to the light she's healthy and happy and getting used to her new home :)

I'm not going to top or train this one. I'm just going to grow her out christmas-tree style with one main cola.

I'll update again next week :) 

21 people like this

nice one i love your set up wish i could be that tidy.

2 people like this

Nice start @Prophet

wishing you you all the very best with your grow and the competition :yep:

:yinyang:

2 people like this

I'm going to pull up a pew for this one, I use the same board for seedlings and early veg and always wondered how it would do in flower

Best of luck with it bud  :yep:

3 people like this

Good to see you back mate, best of luck this year :skin_up:love the Cream Mandarine, one of my faves too :yinyang:

3 people like this

Looking good, Prophet!  Good luck with the comp! :v:

3 people like this

Good to see you around mate, look forward to the Christmas tree.

Very nice strain BTW.

ATB

PR

3 people like this

Mid-Week Mugshot

So far, so good. Some slightly crispy lower leaves due to being too close to the light as a seedling but other than that she's looking just fine:

large.20210124_173957.jpglarge.20210124_174006.jpg

I'll be honest though I've had a nightmare germinating seeds this time around. I wasted a good 6-7. No idea why they didn't want to germ, other than them being a couple years old (stored in a dark shed in my toolbox, airtight tubes)

I use the same method I've used many times before; into a glass of water for 24h then into small starter pots with cling over the top. Left in my grow-box @ 24c-26c. Only one of the bunch actually grew? Some produced a tiny tap-root, which didn't grow. The others didn't crack at all? Totally out of beans now :(

Edited by Prophet
13 people like this

2 hours ago, Prophet said:

Totally out of beans now :(

Perfect excuse to order some...:D

In the meantime I need to stop buying seeds until I grow them:headpain:

Looking good man,good luck in the comp:cheers:

3 people like this

She looks a picture of health buddy. 

The dinner lady has just had a word and wants to know when she's getting her tray back. ;) love the kit in the tight space.

Edited by growinggold
4 people like this

Hello Prophet!

Welcome one more year to the competition!:hippy:

Nice to see you for another year.:yep:

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

3 people like this

Good to see you back mate. Good luck :yep: 

2 people like this

*** WEEK 3 ***

So here we are at the end of week 3 and generally things are looking good :) I still have some crispyness on some of the leaves which i believe to be a magnesium deficiency. However the newer growth appears to be ok. I'll veg her out for at least another week before switching to flower

large.20210127_173522.jpg

large.20210127_173514.jpg 

9 people like this

MID-WEEK MUGSHOT

:)

large.20210131_165025.jpg

10 people like this

*** WEEK 4 ***

Week four of veg has come and gone and it's time to switch to flower :)  . I could [should] have vegged for an extra week or two but the jars are almost empty!

Secondary growths are really kicking out now and any issues i had with the leaf tips browning earlier seems to have disappeared. So overall she's looking nice and healthy :)

No nutes yet, she's on plain tap water until i start to see a need for them. Keep it simple!

large.20210204_091716.jpg

11 people like this