Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

superfruit

This is not the greatest grow in the world, no, this is just a tribute

64 posts in this topic

Nice work @superfruit everyday closer to some sweet treats..!

Not tempted to join us on the led side ;)

2 people like this

Thanks @growinggold! I will definitely be joining you in the LED world in due course. Realistically I already have over a years supply from the previous grow, just in nugs (let alone 2oz of trim producing 170 teaspoons of oil, each couch locks me lol,  with another 4oz of trim in the freezer).

So yes but probably not growing after this harvest until winter at the very earliest, where the HPS will also be my heating :thumsup:  (cold basement/crawl space).

Having said that I'll probably impulse purchase from diyled at some point!

P.s. and i like the sound of less fire risk! Assuming they're safer 

Edited by superfruit
3 people like this

We're not quite ready for the end of Week 5 update yet, but the purples are really starting to come through now and I just could not wait any longer to show you this ladies true colours. Agreed, it's not perfection, but this is my second grow so be kind. Really enjoying growing this girl.

large.20210223_080401-2.jpg

16 people like this

Enjoyment is why we do it buddy. Top growing mate. 

Do you rate your oil/ tincture then? Not think it will be your go way of medication? 

Edited by growinggold
Adding
2 people like this

The oil is superb, and it's quickly become my favourite method of consumption after work. I do believe the ratio of (just over) 2oz of trim and 1ltr coconut oil was about right for me. Anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 a teaspoon seems to be the ideal amount for me to feel quite pleasant for the evening (and some corker red eyes). I did try a full teaspoon recently and to be honest it was a little too intense for my liking, though the timing wasn't great (kids were being nutters). My significant other found similar, yet a good friend went ahead and consumed 3 teaspoons of the same batch and was OK - although he did relate his day to the Rainbow Road track in Mario Kart and had to arrange for a taxi to pick up the missus from work some 9 hours later :D :hippy:. I can certainly appreciate some of the Amsterdam stories (and warnings) around edibles!

6 people like this

@superfruit lovely image and colours in the last post m8.

Take care.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
3 people like this

End of Week 6

Ah guys, well what can I say.. It's been a difficult time due to covid. We've had a family member move in with us for the next 6 weeks - it's a long story, but they're cool in terms of knowing I like to have a smoke etc, but no idea about this grow and I intend on keeping it that way if possible - although it'd be absolutely fine regardless, just prefer to keep things quiet if I can. Sneaky sneaky time.

So it's been a little difficult spending time getting nice photos etc, literally enough time to grab a few and get a feed done. I did experience some light leaf canoeing as it seems I neglected to move my tiny 250w hps up enough as she's grown, but overall for a second grow, I'm still happy with how things are going. She smells delicious, I'll say that much. A very fruity sweet smell, which I can't wait to try in the vape further down the line.

I'm pretty disappointed with these photos but given the circumstances, they're the best I can grab for now. I'll have to wait until the family member has gone out for some exercise etc before I can spend some time getting decent pics. Main priority now is to keep her as healthy as I can with the time I have.

I did notice some yellowing of lower leaves this last week, so she was given a good feed of 2ml/litre Grow and 3ml/litre Bloom, and she seems pretty happy with that. Not wanting to overload her, I'll probably scale that back quite a bit for tonights late night stealthy feed..

Anyway, hopefully my next update won't be so rushed.

large.20210303_181536.jpglarge.20210303_201244.jpglarge.20210303_181341.jpglarge.20210303_181425.jpg

12 people like this

She's a beauty mate. Hope my two Purple Sunset will give such colors. Though they have to sprout before. :unsure:

2 people like this

great photos of your plants.

ultra crisp and clear.

good luck with the rest of the grow

3 people like this

Great colours in those pics there @superfruit :yep:  Looks like you'll have some tasty buds in a few weeks, my Dark Devil definitely packed on the weight in the last week

Mrs Clumsy has also had a recent "episode" with edibles lol

All the best for the rest of your grow and good luck in the comp.

:oldtoker:

(Sure I commented before but it was lost to Firefox grrrr, sorry about that)

2 people like this

End of week 8 and the brother-in-law is still living with us for some time due to covid, so apologies for the infrequent updates and lack of pics. Going downstairs underneath the living room has been tough, and he's already asked my wife several times what the 'loud zipping noise is' under the house and why I disappear at times :wallbash:. It's almost inevitable really. @growinggold a bit of an aside, but you'll love this.. he's tried the oil a couple times now. First time was just half a teaspoon and a few glasses of wine (all good...). Second time he took a full teaspoon and no booze, and..... well let's just say, a bit of an episode followed, but he got through it with some mental coaching:rofl:

Day 56 and literally this girl is ready for the chop, with milky trichomes everywhere and plenty of ambers coming through now too. I'm surprised as this is actually ahead of the SS estimate! She did go through an almighty veg and early flower spurt though - I couldn't keep up with her nutrient demands, and she was drinking nearly 2 litres of water every 1.5days versus every 3+ days now ! Very different to the AKs I grew - then again she has that 250w hps all to herself, and she seemed quite happy about it.

I'm going to push her for 1 more week and just switch to a plain water feed probably tonight or tomorrow, and then leave her to naturally begin the dry in the light before 2 days of pure darkness pre-chop. 

I almost forgot! I've dropped to a 20/4 light cycle for the last 2 weeks. Figured it may encourage some more colour to come through :unsure:

Air temp: 21c
Root temp: 22c
RH: 55%

Lights: 20/4

large.20210316_224926(0).jpglarge.20210316_224943.jpglarge.20210316_225023.jpg

9 people like this

@superfruit that did make me chuckle it does get intense especially if you're not a toker.  All you can do is enjoy the ride.   Only time I proper whiteyed was in dam after hard day of edibles and everything. My mates was getting a cake from shops and I was at the front waiting I felt myself going under. Apparently I slide down the front of the shop window on to the floor at which point myates ran out in panic and was like help. The locals just shouted get him a sugar water, my mates was like some cola? Promptly bought me one, I had one sip and was back at in 30 mins. So I really recommend a sugary drink if your on the brink or someo needs straightening out asap.  

Great purples!  Looking forward to harvest. 

6 people like this

Great plant, great pics ! Pretty sure you'll be on the COTC list next month mate ! :yep:

3 people like this

I learnt a lot with this grow. Just looking back on my AK48 grow pics that had a 400w hps. Dont think id go with a 250w hps again, and the 400w hps cost way too much where I live. Eleccy was nearly 600quid lol.

Instead I may move to a 300w Lumatek LED from DIY.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, superfruit said:

I learnt a lot with this grow. Just looking back on my AK48 grow pics that had a 400w hps. Dont think id go with a 250w hps again, and the 400w hps cost way too much where I live. Eleccy was nearly 600quid lol.

Instead I may move to a 300w Lumatek LED from DIY.

£600! from seed to harvest? that is spenny.

I run a 600w HPS but I'm on a fixed rate so do pay a bit more than the typical house hold of my size but works out long term.

although I am very interested in going down the LED route, perhaps next year :P

the Zeus Pro has tickled my interests.. 

Superb grow as well pal, flowers look beautiful  :yep:

Edited by BobTheDaabber
1 person likes this