Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zone_coasting

Eye protection

My eyesight is bad... My eyes are poor... My nose is knackered... 

Wondering what glasses people recommend wearing in their grows?

4 people like this

I use sunglasses with the highest UV protection ;)

4 people like this

Yes. I'm using a good pair of sunglasses with polarized glasses. And I wear a cap too.

Great avatar @zone_coasting, I love Django !

3 people like this

now i'm using led i turn it to low light when watering, not sure if the hps fucked my right eye only have part vision nowadays its a bit knackered. i would advise not working under full light in groom

5 people like this

Thanks guys! I ask as I'm using Lumii blues for hps with some vintage Percol's gaffer taped ontop when viewing an LED airing cupboard grow. Am wondering if these green wrap arounds would be better online? 

1 person likes this

large.Glasses.jpg

method 7 do glasses for different lights, hps ones, led ones etc. not budget, but you only get one set of eyes.

budget option would be the lumii grow room specks.

my eyes are fuct from being in grow rooms too long.

i should have followed my own advice-15 yr ago

5 people like this

so what's everyone's take on the best shades for led lights? method 7? or high end polarized ray bans (for eg)? i can sense they mess up your eyes

e2a. point take @hash72 probs the most crucial

Edited by *BANG*
1 person likes this

My eyes are so poor that I use somebody else’s glasses on somebody else’s face nowadays to tell me what’s what.

Look after your eyes folks, wished I had. Too late now. Macular Oedema is not far off claiming total victory. Total blindness scares the living shit out of me.

Got some Lumi Blues from Spannabis ages ago. Seem ok but not sure as to how effective they actually are. Anyone goes in my GR, I insist they wear them and a face mask of course. :smug::B):

Edited by bartman
5 people like this

Thanks for the reminder about eye protection. I've been doing the Clint Eastwood squint for too long since my last pair broke (they were terrible anyway). 

Those Method 7's aren't cheap but look the business and get great reviews. Time to treat the old mince pies :geek:

@zone_coasting Yeah man good to see the Django avatar :) I'm having a Charlie Byrd kinda morning... 

4 people like this

Wouldn't them ones the ladies and the metros wear on sunbeds be any good? I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago. Only opened the veg tent for a minute, them cmh bulbs are far worse for your eyes than normal hps i think.  

1 person likes this

CMH produces more UV-B, so there's a risk. But good sunglasses should be enough as long as you don't look directly at the bulb. And wearing a cap allows to avoid rays coming from above. I feel it's enough for watering and fastly cutting some old yellowing leaves. For training or others long works, I put the plant outside of the tent. I prefer shocking a bit my babies than damaging my eyes, without talking about my back. Yeah, years taking their toll...

I might be wrong, but feel these growers glasses don't give a better protection than good sunglasses, but they should give you a better colour rendering.

Edited by purepotstill
1 person likes this