Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Damnwildman

Think different DWC grow diary

58 posts in this topic

Day 10 from first true leaves. large.IMG_20210110_154631.jpglarge.IMG_20210110_154610.jpg

Got a think different seed from 2 years ago, didn't expect it to grow as its old but it has. 

I've got it in a started plug from root it. 

It came out nicely and is now on the second week from first true leaves which showed up on the 1rst January. 

How is it doing? 

I'm using masterblend, calcium nitrate and magnesium sulphate and some benifcial bacteria Mycorrhizal inoculant. TNC Mycorr hydro is the name of it. 

It done wanders for my other herbs like basil In dwc. 

The roots have started growing very fast. 

Ph is at 5.9 at the moment. 

And around 1000 ppm but I do have a cheap tds metre so not sure on accuracy. 

My water is between 200 to 300 out of the tap. 

I leave it for 24 hours to evapourate most of the chlorine before I use it. 

I mix masterblend first then magnesium sulphate then calcium nitrate. 

My tent stays around 24°C Which I read maybe a little high but it is stable. 

I did have a very weak nutrient water at first, I'm now following the table I have put up which is grams per litre of water. 

I am using week 1 at the moment, sorry for my hand writing. 

Anyone see if I'm doing anything wrong or a better guide for masterblend for a grow such as this.large.IMG_20210110_141636.jpg

Edited by Damnwildman
1 person likes this

All the best with the grow

Just now, marcjuna said:

All the best with the grow

Thanks man, 

Il be adding new pics every week, as long as I remember and put what nutes balence I'm using 

1 person likes this

Start of Week 3 from first set of true leaves. 

Nutes used per litre

Masterblend 0.5

Magnesium sulphate 0.25

Calcium nitrate 0.5

Mycorrhizal inoculant 1/2 tsp for 12 litres which my plant is in. 

16 hours light a day 

Would put 18 but my other plants don't like that much light. 

Roots were looking very dark but it's the fungi build up on the roots I wiped them off and there not black anymore. 

It wasn't slimey. 

I had a slight build up of algae but I used less then half the benifcial bacteria I was suppose to use. 

So I have put full strength now so hopefully it should reduce it further. large.IMG_20210114_074132.jpglarge.IMG_20210114_074153.jpg

Edited by Damnwildman

Looking less pale even under lights now

Edited by Damnwildman

Hiya mate, 

I'm not sure about dwc as I have never done it but isn't 1000ppm a bit high? 

I'm not critisising I'm always looking to learn :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Hiya mate, 

I'm not sure about dwc as I have never done it but isn't 1000ppm a bit high? 

I'm not critisising I'm always looking to learn :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

I'm not to sure to be honest. I used very little of the nutrients suggested on normal plants. 

It suggests over a gram per litre I beleave but it doesn't seem to be to much for the plant. Looks completly fine at the moment il see. 

1 hour ago, Damnwildman said:

I'm not to sure to be honest. I used very little of the nutrients suggested on normal plants. 

It suggests over a gram per litre I beleave but it doesn't seem to be to much for the plant. Looks completly fine at the moment il see. 

On its 5.3 per 10 litres I have 12. So maybe a little high but seems to be good with it. 

I only changed it yesterday though so il keep an eye on it. I realised I'm actually doing. 0.5 per litre when I should be doing 0.4.

But il see tomorrow if it's looking off il change the res again or maybe just add another litre of plain water in it. 

Edited by Damnwildman

2 hours ago, Damnwildman said:

On its 5.3 per 10 litres I have 12. So maybe a little high but seems to be good with it 

So ive just watered it down its now at 868. 

This is an auto flowering so this is half way through vedge stage now apparently. 

I think it's only 4 weeks vedge. 

So it's about right according to this

Edited by Owderb
Link removed

large.IMG_20210121_074832.jpg

On 14/01/2021 at 2:21 PM, Damnwildman said:

End of week 3 now I've not topped of the water just left it as it was still reading at 864 ppm roughly. 

I topped it about 5 days ago. 

It's staying very short so far which I want. 

Edited by Damnwildman
1 person likes this

I have no idea about the nutes you are using so I will give that 1 a swerve sorry mate. But I am a dwc grower myself and I would be concerned by the strength of these solutions they seem extremely high I have a giant plant right now fills a 4x4 tent on its own its huge but the dwc feeds are still only at 600ppm. Its around 11 weeks old. 

When you feed with dwc it's fairly easy to keep the solution where you need it be with a little bit of time. 

Your plant looks absolutely fine but I would be cautious with the feeds when you next change the solution keep a note of the strength of it. Let the plant feed for a day or 2 and then check the strength of the solution again. If its now a higher ppm then the feeds too strong for the plant needs to be weakened down or if the ppm is dropping you need to raise the ppm a little the aim is to keep it as level as possible.

1 person likes this

@Damnwildman

Agree with the above...low feed strength for dwc...:yep:

I did 'Think Different' in dwc a few years ago, good producer but watch out for the stretch, personally I found the effects pretty bland.

Be interesting to see how this one pans out...

:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Asterion said:

I have no idea about the nutes you are using so I will give that 1 a swerve sorry mate. But I am a dwc grower myself and I would be concerned by the strength of these solutions they seem extremely high I have a giant plant right now fills a 4x4 tent on its own its huge but the dwc feeds are still only at 600ppm. Its around 11 weeks old. 

When you feed with dwc it's fairly easy to keep the solution where you need it be with a little bit of time. 

Your plant looks absolutely fine but I would be cautious with the feeds when you next change the solution keep a note of the strength of it. Let the plant feed for a day or 2 and then check the strength of the solution again. If its now a higher ppm then the feeds too strong for the plant needs to be weakened down or if the ppm is dropping you need to raise the ppm a little the aim is to keep it as level as possible.

Oh really, I'll keep an eye on it, it's stayed at 800 and something for a week now. 

So pretty steady but maybe I'll lower the strength again if 864 is to much. 

Il leave it for now, I regularly check it so I'll see if anything is happening. 

Next time I top off the water I'll just add ph'd water, no nutes unless it goes into flower first in which case I will change res and add less nutes

Edited by Damnwildman
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, stu914 said:

@Damnwildman

Agree with the above...low feed strength for dwc...:yep:

I did 'Think Different' in dwc a few years ago, good producer but watch out for the stretch, personally I found the effects pretty bland.

Be interesting to see how this one pans out...

:oldtoker:

Yea I'm trying to make it small is very stubby at the moment. 

But I grew this a couple years ago in soil and it was huge. 

Barely enough space for 2 in my tent. Had to do lst 

I'm also quite happy for it to be bland, I don't actually smoke it anymore since my lung collapsed its more just to grow as I love growing plants. 

And experimenting with dwc. 

Il have a couple of little smokes out of it but only have one skins. 

Since I stopped if I have a little taste it is intense for me. 

Which is crazy as I use to do shotty after shotty all day every day, now a one skin messes me up. 

Edited by Damnwildman
1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Damnwildman said:

Oh really, I'll keep an eye on it, it's stayed at 800 and something for a week now. 

So pretty steady but maybe I'll lower the strength again if 864 is to much. 

Il leave it for now, I regularly check it so I'll see if anything is happening. 

Next time I top off the water I'll just add ph'd water, no nutes unless it goes into flower first in which case I will change res and add less nutes

the feeds seem high and would terrify me lol. but your plants looking great so cant be an issue surely just keep an eye on the feed in the bucket incase it spikes or anything.