Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Damnwildman

Are these of, pale slightly on new leaves

large.IMG_20210110_141636.jpgGot a think different seed from 2 years ago, didn't expect it to grow as its old but it has. 

I've got it in a started plug from root it. 

It came out nicely and is now on the second weed from first true leaves which showed up on the 1rst January. 

How is it doing? 

I'm using masterblend, calcium nitrate and magnesium sulphate and some benifcial bacteria Mycorrhizal inoculant. TNC Mycorr hydro is the name of it. 

It done wanders for my other herbs like basil In dwc. 

The roots have started growing very fast. 

Ph is at 5.9 at the moment. 

And around 1000 ppm but I do have a cheap tds metre so not sure on accuracy. 

My water is between 200 to 300 out of the tap. 

I leave it for 24 hours to evapourate most of the chlorine before I use it. 

I mix masterblend first then magnesium sulphate then calcium nitrate. 

My tent stays around 24°C Which I read maybe a little high but it is stable. 

The leaves are a little dipped at the ends and new leaves towards them stem is slightly pale but I did have a very weak nutrient water at first, I'm now following the table I have put up which is grams per litre of water. 

I am using week 1 at the moment, sorry for my hands writing. 

Anyone see if I'm doing anything wrong or a better guide for masterblend for a grow such as this. large.IMG_20210110_143449.jpglarge.IMG_20210110_143505.jpg

Edited by Damnwildman

hey mate, it is really difficult to judge if anything is going wrong with the blurple lights, it makes the colours look all wrong. It would be better if you could photo the plants under normal light so we coudl see what they look like.

atb

greenie

5 minutes ago, green_machine said:

hey mate, it is really difficult to judge if anything is going wrong with the blurple lights, it makes the colours look all wrong. It would be better if you could photo the plants under normal light so we coudl see what they look like.

atb

greenie

Ahh yea I did think about that but the light I got has no switch and the plug is behind the tent, so I was being lazy. Il take another one now. 

1 person likes this

large.IMG_20210110_154631.jpglarge.IMG_20210110_154610.jpg

11 minutes ago, green_machine said:

atb

greenie

Ahh yea I did think about that but the light I got has no switch and the plug is behind the tent, so I was being lazy. Il take another one now. 

Edited by Damnwildman
2 people like this

Now I've done it with no lights it doesn't look pale at all. 

Does it look OK though. 

There was little white tips on the first true leaves but I think they may have been light burn. I had a 600 watt led about 24 inches away. 

Now I've got it higher and a small 75 watt led that's blocking the big light and is closer to give it a start. The white tips stopped now. 

It's probably fine, I'm just new to hydroponics and stuff happens fast if it goes wrong so I get concerned. 

Edited by Damnwildman
1 person likes this

They looks fine to my eye mate, but I grow in compost, so you might want to wait for a hydro grower to come and confirm this.

atb

greenie

Just now, green_machine said:

They looks fine to my eye mate, but I grow in compost, so you might want to wait for a hydro grower to come and confirm this.

atb

greenie

I assume its the same but then I don't know. A hydro grower may have a sharp eye for pre Problems because they happen faster. 

I wander if lights actually show signs quicker because they show paleness. Some leaves look green and some yellow under the lights. 

My basil, the whole of it is vibrant green and growing fast and very pungent. 

I'm hoping it's the same with think different. 

I grew two in soil 2 years ago both grew well. First plants I'd ever grown from seed including vedge. 

I was proud of myself. 

Had no problems except a calmag defciancy which I fixed straight away when I new about it. Only problem was I harvested to early because landlord was coming around. 

Which was annoying I got an ounce off each plant though dry weight. 

1 person likes this

That was my thought as well mate, another hydro grower might have a sharper eye for problems which I have not had to deal with / might be able to identify issues earlier, but again the plant looks fine so I don't think I would be too worried about it.

atb

greenie

Only thing i see is very tight nodes ie spacing between each new branch. That's a sure sign you have your light a little to close, very common with the burple lights. If you want super squat plants then leave well alone.

Toke...

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Only thing i see is very tight nodes ie spacing between each new branch. That's a sure sign you have your light a little to close, very common with the burple lights. If you want super squat plants then leave well alone.

Toke...

Ahh I see well 8 have raised it now. Its only a 75 watt and it's about 20 inches away now. Only changed it yesterday. 

The leaves have stopped drooping since then also. 

So I think that was a large part of the problem. 

I also do want it to be short as my tent was not high enough really last time when I grew. 

Im not to bothered about a massive yeild so I was going to top it, I know you shouldn't really top autos but I'm hayu to loose quantatity. I just don't have the room for a full size plant.

Is this a really bad idea or shall i just fim. 

I fimmed my basil and the same leaves still grew but where just half leaves. 

I had to completly top them for them to go outwards. 

Edited by Damnwildman

LST with autos or put it in a small scrog net, keeps the canopy even and equal light across it. No need to top an auto in your position.

Toke...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, tokenroll said:

LST with autos or put it in a small scrog net, keeps the canopy even and equal light across it. No need to top an auto in your position.

Toke...

I want it to under produce though as my tent has got other plants in it. 

Think different grows to big it took up half of my tent last time all I did was lst and it was taller then it could be. 

Will the potency decline if I top? 

Will the potency decline if I top?  NO

1 hour ago, tokenroll said:

Will the potency decline if I top?  NO

OK nice, I know its seems a waste to make it smaller intentionally but I'd rather have a smaller amount of stronger bud then a large amount of bud that hasn't got enough room and block light from the other plants I have.