Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Whatwentwrong

A weedrobe full of pink

73 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Week 2

the two seedlings are coming along well. I want to stop all unnecessary growth early on like I managed on the test plant. To achieve this I topped really early, literally as soon as the fourth set of leaves had formed and the top was just long enough to cut. I also cut the bottom two branches off so the plant will grow from just 4 points

The other seedling is strong but still has a couple of days before the top. As soon as the main stem in long enough I’ll do the same and have 4 main tops per plant with some extra branches growing out of the middle.

here’s a picture of it.

large.580ACDA1-466E-44DE-960B-BADB78494402.jpeg

its roots are growing out of the bottom so it needs a pot up soon but it still has about four days to wait for the other space to become free.

the test plant is going strong as is the small gelato auto and the gorilla girl in the flowering tent.

I’ll do another update in a few days when I pot up but for now I have released the ties on the test plant so the arms can straighten a bit. The next pot is much wider and therefore will allow me to stretch the four branches out further but as they had a 90 degree bend in them to allow them to grow for longer in the small space they need time to relax and have a rest from the LST for a day or two. This will allow me to reorientate the way the branches sit without causing too much extra stress on the plant.

you cannot just release all ties at the same time though or the plant’s canopy will go uneven. You must release the ties one or two at a time as the branches start reaching back upwards to ensure the canopy stays level and any emergent branches remain roughly the same height.

large.33CB658F-11C1-48C8-80CC-CA77AD2A1756.jpeglarge.BCE72621-9235-4F55-B844-F93652B4F2CF.jpeglarge.61401ADA-201C-4369-8E17-81C3265DD4FE.jpeglarge.8017BA5A-AD5B-4CF9-959C-776B0DC633A3.jpeglarge.B69C7BB3-6033-4138-AE06-AF9599C82A22.jpeg

you can see from the last leaf that there was a nitrogen shortage so the plants have been fed and the colour is a nice dark green now

Hopefully the pictures kind of show what I mean and how not all branches  were released at the same time maintaining quite a flat canopy, I also had a defol as the middle was getting crowded.

the plant gets potted up tomorrow and will stay in veg for a few days after before going in next to the gorilla girl that is flowering (I hadn’t taken germination pictures of these so wasn’t sure if I could use them but others are only dairying the flowering stage so I will include them too).

I’ll post another update tomorrow and when the seedlings get potted up but just wanted to show how I had to release the ties to stretch it out again in a new pot.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
7 people like this

I’ve potted up the plants and topped the seedlings. As soon as the roots have spread out and the plant has stretched a bit more I’ll put the big one into flower.

the first seedling is already taking shape as you’ll see and the other will look the same in a few days. They have been planted so the branches will stretch out toward the corners of the plant pots so I can stretch them out as far as possible.

so, bottom two branches and top down to the fourth node leaving just two nodes on the plant with two branches each. I’ll then use tent pegs to hold the branches down until they are long enough to reach the edge of the pot and get tied down instead.

Smallest seedling

large.F264E9C8-3EE9-4415-B010-B635BC93C170.jpeglarge.4F003840-C425-47FB-AF4C-1515B10EE0E9.jpeglarge.8E948D55-3DB9-46F3-B893-827F87206A74.jpeglarge.A192BAE9-29B3-4CD8-B3D3-C1B0ACD700AE.jpeg

biggest seedling

you can clearly see the four tops that will be stretched out

large.84917280-D26A-4773-9EE9-11345B174263.jpeglarge.C67D3BAF-D560-46E0-A8B3-27D97FDD7CA8.jpeg

test poison (I may need to think up better names)

this will be tied back down in a day or so when it’s settled into the new pot.

large.0C185DF6-E7BC-4FEA-868A-2E48EAA151FC.jpeglarge.3175B77F-9007-45A2-B9EB-D8F80776B4AA.jpeg

that’s going to end up being a bush and a half. It really smells of gassy cookies on a stem rub but you can smell mint when your working with it. Can’t wait to smoke it.

8 people like this

Just a quick update and some photos.

ive started the slow process of lst on the new plants using tent pegs, I’ve installed a scrog net, flipped the test poison and the GG is already starting to frost up 2-3 weeks into flower

small plant

large.93624EAB-EFF0-4362-AFBE-DC6BC07C4F81.jpeg

test poison and gorilla

large.AE646FFB-D1F9-43E2-A542-843FC444C5DC.jpeglarge.56B38C06-5DD7-44DC-9275-EBAFA560AD77.jpeg

test poison

large.E9FD0311-659C-48BF-8F65-24B35A133F1B.jpeglarge.C5E5890C-DD2F-465E-A22D-F1221CC4785C.jpeglarge.A09AF6AC-F93B-490B-8A27-CF7B056FC4E4.jpeg

gorilla

i can’t remember when I flipped this unfortunately, I’ve taken the bottom half’s fan leaves off but left bud sites for now to see where the stretch will stop and then remove the larf. It only really started stretching a week ago and isn’t double its height yet but stretch seems to have eased off already. Hopefully the poison will end up the same size.

large.BBEC0343-CECD-472C-B312-FC4FE97262B2.jpeglarge.3BA8F3CB-FE9B-4A99-862A-3FE183CB360E.jpeglarge.5E2E5E81-4D7C-45BB-979C-892018DB8D9B.jpeglarge.8B3C0820-9A13-420E-8332-A94C5679654E.jpeglarge.1936172B-508D-4A17-9079-5C64EF40D183.jpeg

12 people like this

Excellent training, great use of the space. Hopefully the auto works out for you, Sweet Gelato Auto is a great one to start with. Good luck :yep:

3 people like this

Week 3

the plants are coming along well for the most part. One of the small poisons may have a deformity but I’m sure it’ll grow out of it. Growth will likely be slowed down for a while on it though unfortunately.

veg area

the two poisons are currently in training. So to help I’ve been playing rocky 4 on telly with the sound turned up when eye it the tiger starts playing. One of them has clearly been inspired and it’s arms are starting to bulk up a bit. The other looks more like a stoner who just can’t be arsed. The sweet gelato auto is doing well as well. I can’t believe it’s size for such a small pot. I have had to put water into the drip tray so the soil can pull it up as it drys out. Seems to be doing ok but I think I may end up riding a few deficiencies during flower. I’ll try and stay on top of it but it needs watering twice a day at least.

The good one - I’ll call rocky

large.9A9CE1E9-7725-4DBA-8B74-33B0143CF50E.jpeglarge.D06EFF53-43E0-4416-80D2-9CD71CA18B84.jpeglarge.7DA84509-07FD-47FC-9732-2CED8BBB7DA6.jpeg

this plant is only 24hrs ahead of the one behind it but one massive difference in size.

the weaker one - has to be Adrienne.

large.5D7D4125-F951-4FF1-9B0B-BD21E29037AA.jpeglarge.D380EAB8-5679-4687-A8BB-6E56BC9317B0.jpeg
you can see that the growth is not nearly as strong yet, it is still growing. For some reason it’s only putting out 3 finger leaves now and not the 5 fingers of fun they had before. I can’t see why it won’t recover though. Just needs some time.

sweet gelato 

large.77888D79-6D8F-482C-AA8E-AF2EEE73F769.jpeglarge.B4710DC5-5BDD-4DFD-A867-3AA0FEB4DFCF.jpeg

huge for a 0.5l pot, just a bit difficult maintaining nutrient levels without causing a toxicity.

The bloom closet

these plants are steaming ahead. The large poison needs another defol but I only did the last one two days ago. Seems like the plant is laughing at me. They have grew back and bushed up again so quick. The GG is looking nice. Hopefully all the tops will reach through the scrog net at some point.

The together shot

large.E92AFD1D-068A-44CD-8D24-B190CC58284B.jpeg

big poison

large.BFF16FF6-6F81-4172-94A9-9489040B6167.jpeglarge.7CBD40E7-5F51-4BA7-9B9D-BEA5F1F52A12.jpeg

GGirl.

large.5E2E5E81-4D7C-45BB-979C-892018DB8D9B.jpeglarge.81446AD9-4BE5-4DDD-AB3F-FB2CB26807C2.jpeglarge.C3C7EDA2-8419-42D3-81CC-9518909F43A3.jpeg

No issues for her at all. She’s been easy on the nutes, not shown any signs of deficiencies what so ever yet. Let’s hope she stays like that. Plenty of frost (not surprising though considering its -2 outside. I wonder if we get extra points for growing weed in arctic conditions). The smells coming off this girl are quite diverse. There’s a real gassy smell on a stem rub, more of a biscuity aroma when you open the drobe door, but if you run some frost off a leaf it’s really got a very sweet citrus/lemon candy smell. 

hopefully we are looking at around 5 weeks for the bloom closet to finish and the small poisons can be transferred across. Those little girls have got a long way to go first though.

sorry the photos are not upright but there isn’t an option to change orientation when posting on a mobile. Just turn you over monitor or laptop on its side and it’ll all be good.

thanks for looking in

whatwentwrong 

Edited by Whatwentwrong
6 people like this

Looks like I may have to go into hospital today. Not sure if I’ll be stuck in which is an absolute nightmare for this. I’ve rigged up a dripper system out of an old milk bottle and some thin catheter tubing I had (it’s supposed to go into your bike gear cables and be filled with oil to make the dropper post and gear changes smother) 

I think I may loose the sweet gelato if I’m forced in over night for a bit but hopefully the 4 big ones will survive if I’m out in a few days. Here’s photos of it.

large.3A2DD9C7-74E3-4D8C-BD97-6153C80FE879.jpeglarge.A6F7B85E-8FD8-44AD-ADA1-18CC31649376.jpeg

managed to take a photo with one of the droplets falling into the medium. Had to put screws into the end to slow the water down. It’s just siphoning into the pots.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
6 people like this

Hope it's not too serious mate.

Plants look very well and the dripper looks effective.

All the very best mate,

PR

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Punta Roja said:

Hope it's not too serious mate.

Plants look very well and the dripper looks effective.

All the very best mate,

PR

Thanks man, they say it’s a varicose vein on my left nut. Kind of looks like my ball has its own set of balls (not that anyone needed to know this). They can’t scan it until tomorrow so may be heading home tonight.

Found out the nhs doesn’t like uk420. I think they have the wrong end of the stick though. It’s not drugs, it’s medication. The nhs should have a link to uk420 not a flipping block on it.

large.9D453ED3-6A6C-4811-AF23-0A01168E6F72.png

well at least this place is empty. First time for everything hey.

5 people like this

Back out, Corona has shut down practically all hospital functions other than coronavirus care. Sent home with tramadol and a “take it easy”. Not looking forward to that op I can tell you.

the plants look fine, I think the GG is looking a bit too light green so I have increased the grow feed up from the 50% I’d dropped it to (I didn’t want claw in the stretch but defo needs increasing as you’ll see below). The dripper system really worked but I think it may have emptied a bit quicker than it should so next time I’m in I think just screw the screws in a bit further to reduce the output. Really glad I had a grow in this set up before starting this. Seeing how much extra nutrients the plant can require was eye opening. It seems like all the plants have a bit of sun burn on the leaf stems but that’s no issue. The last plant was pretty much fried by the end but still have a decent harvest.

the photos make it look worse than it is though.

large.CC7F3AD8-004A-4552-821E-0FC1C1D156BA.jpeglarge.EB31B66A-156A-4BAF-9472-50C4F967208B.jpeglarge.99ADCA54-385C-4F61-8215-10CAC37C702C.jpeglarge.6ABF4ED3-5391-46B9-9F1C-A0DFF9943AF6.jpeglarge.B9BBF7FD-B598-42BA-B6F4-60525A777B09.jpeglarge.59D45E6F-F45A-4A6E-9C0E-D83088FBBF28.jpeglarge.E4744474-855A-4695-B7D4-3EAC0A57D8D1.jpeg

Edited by Whatwentwrong
8 people like this

Hey @Whatwentwrong dude. 
I’ll reply in here as to not overload RatDog’s diary. 
What I was saying in his thread was for nice healthy plants, as you said. 
Also I didn’t know the full story off your plants life to that point, if it was way bigger than the rest then it would naturally need more nutrients per feed than its sister plants, especially in growth an stretch, plus you had just upgraded your lights an had that to deal with also, an I’m only guessing here but, with it being much taller it would have been closer to the new high power leds (great light’s ain’t they:offtopic::thumsup:lol)

I say this to try an help other’s I see having the led first grow issues, a bottle off CalMag with Extra Traces in it, as this really helped me sort the issue’s I was having learning led’s. 

It help’s keep the pedal to the metal in the Ferrari haha. 

This I have no idea on as I’ve never used it but, you said you use BioBiz nutrients, I seen others say they have had problems with their nute’s lately, as in it seems weaker than it used to be, with deficiencies showing up, under led an hps. 

Anyhow’s cool diary so far man, things looking a lot better than the pic you posted in RatDog’s thread. 

Good luck dude :smoke:

1 person likes this

@Amo your not wrong on any of it. Because I had fried the hell out of that plant I thought the photos may help others see what could happen and yeah it’s all calmag it seems. I too bought a micro nutrient supplement (advance nutes revive) it helped a treat. I use that in my feeds now at 1ml per litre once a week but I did put 1 feed of 4ml/ltr before stretch on this new grow. That deficiency happened literally in about 4 days, I clearly wasn’t expecting it. The grow I had done previously had 75w above each plant and there was no nute deficiencies at all with the lower light level.

@ratdog sorry about blasting it in your comp diary. Is there anyway @Joolz or @Owderb could please either remove it or move it to a new post in plant issues “plants fried under leds” maybe. I really am sorry rat. I see a topic I have an opinion on and forget what the original thread was for so I unfortunately take them off topic without realising. Anyway you look like a dead cert for some rizla. Sorry mate.

it really does seem like everyone has hit a very similar issue with high powered leds on their first grow using them. Just not at all expected, but yes, they are brilliant. On full power with a true draw of 240 (1200w of hypothetical led light according to manf) in a 60x40x180 drobe the temp never gets above 30 degrees. My extraction isn’t massive either it simply moves the air twice a minute and the temps are stable (you can literally hold the light with your fingers on the leds at full power and only feel warm). So yeah, loads of power, zero fire risk and huge plants, what’s not to love.

sorry again rat and thanks amo for bringing here and thanks in advance jools/owd for cleaning my crap up.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
2 people like this

wheres the pink bud??

@Whatwentwrong hi dude, good luck with the competition! It seems as though you are a man with a plan, which is being executed just as intended :) 

I'm loving your drobe setup, it is neat and tidy and your plants are enjoying the environment. The Gorilla Girl looks a beast! 

All the best

2 people like this

17 hours ago, HippyHair said:

wheres the pink bud??

its on its way man, my wardrobe isn’t like that pizza oven off back to the future 2. You can’t just stick a seed in, close the door, then “ping” full size plants (I wish it was like). Check back in a month and I should have half a weedrobe of pink. Check back in April and it’ll all be pink.

2 people like this

Hope you're feeling better mate.. 

That GG is blasting away, how longs left?

Seems you'll have a nice staggered harvest... gives you time to process each plant separately.

ATVB mate and hope all goes well at the hospital.

PR

2 people like this