Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Whatwentwrong

A weedrobe full of pink

73 posts in this topic

Hi

I know I’m cutting it a bit late but should still have plenty of time.

I am growing two Tropicana Poison F1 versions with a test plant out in front of it.

I have a drobe set with three sections. A germination chamber, a vegetable compartment and a bloom closet. I am growing in soil with biobizz nutes but may change when I’m paid. The lights are from a company called fecida. I have their yj led light in the germination space(50w), a cr600 in the veg area and two cr600’s in the bloom closet. The vegging under these lights is brilliant and really quick but they are too powerful when the plants are full flowering so they need to be dimmed as the plant grows into them. I haven’t had them long and I’m just getting the power levels dialled in. I find if the lights are turned up too bright during flower then the plants can start getting deficiencies. I’ve used soil amendments for the test plants along with microbial teas so the soil should be loaded and ready for the extra work but it’ll still think it’ll need a bit of playing with to get it all just right. The lights have 120w draw and 588 leds each so that’s 1176 leds and 240w of true power draw on gum power. They have 5 types of led colours though from the three whites (2500k, 3500k and 4000k) as well as it and uv. They also span the drobe perfectly so I thought I’d rather have leds covering the whole grow space at a dimmed level towards the end than just 1 really bright one in the middle. Hopefully it’ll work out.

the two seeds I have popped went into water for 12 hours then straight into soil (old flushed soil from the last grow) in a small seeding pot. The first seed came out within 24 hours and the second has now come out a day later. Both are looking fine.

because my space is small I have been thinking of the best way to get as much yield as possible in my 40x60x170cm bloom closet. To achieve this have decided on going for two medium sized plants trained into a square with a flat canopy taking up around 40x30cm each.

I have two plants I’ve tried this out with, it looks like manifolding but it isn’t. I’m basically just topping the plant to the fourth node, removing the bottom two sets of branches and then pulling the four branches left out as much as I can. One of the plants below was topped at the ends of the four branches so it stopped growing and all of the upward growth is practically the same size. this is in the bloom closet and has had 12/12 for about 5 days now so is just starting to stretch. the poison I’m running ahead of these plants is still in the vegetable compartment and I’ve pulled the four tops down around the square plant pot to achieve the same affect whilst keeping the four tops intact.

I have time to see what works best as the plants for this competition are literally a day old and it’ll take about 5 weeks before they have grown to a point where I’ll need to choose, by this point the poison and the gorilla should only have a few weeks left.

the competition runs u til the 23rd of may. The bloom closet will take 9 weeks from now to empty and these take two months flowering so I’ll be able to veg them for about two months before flipping them and should be able to still finish quite comfortably.

anyway photos to follow, first the space, then the idea and then the competition photos.

Thanks a lot @Sweet Seeds Apolo and @Sweet Seeds-tommy for letting me take part. Hopefully I’ll do the strain justice and have a wardrobe full of purple tropical tasting poisonous buds to smoke.

9 people like this

The Space

large.AB562B9C-A3BC-422E-BC21-FC594278DDDE.jpeg

I know I’ve just strapped a fan on to that light but I want to try and stiffen the stems and I haven’t been able to buy a wall mounted one for that side yet. It’s all ventilated and filtered though. Fan will be fixed soon.

10 people like this

The intention

This is the plant that was topped at the ends of each beach. All the upward growth is the same size pretty much but none have the same strength as the branches had before they were cut. It’s filling it’s side of the drobe perfectly and will be easy to separate and support using a scog net. I’ve chopped off any growths that were not making it half way up the plant to clear out the wast and allow air to move and the canopy to only be taken up by ones that should create decent buds and trimmed lower third.

large.30B05982-6EB5-4E81-8236-88ED275163CA.jpeglarge.1B124C6B-A314-42B5-9BFA-BEFA3F80EDCE.jpeglarge.7D580B90-D281-4290-81BE-82178B346BBF.jpeglarge.763CAF77-9146-4F06-9F65-7475B9E0370C.jpeglarge.E55C8ACE-1BF8-48F2-92F7-C3BB812D59C4.jpeg

The test poison,

this is the one that has had its four tops left intact. The plant doesn’t seem to like being cut and each time I trim it’s leaves the rest droop for a day before going back to normal the next morning. Well it’s still responding well to the training but it’s only had one stem cut when I removed it’s top and two lower branches.

large.F26995CF-A504-4D09-9FB3-3FEF4822AEE1.jpeglarge.C2B3704D-B0FE-4B82-9E9D-3F7068F65052.jpeglarge.BCCEA448-23A5-4335-A879-180885AAFBA8.jpeglarge.7695D1A5-2454-40F4-B011-A22D59EC1D49.jpeg

as you can see I’m getting quite square plants so hopefully as they stretch upwards they will fill the space perfect.

this plant is about 5 weeks old now and has about a two week wait to get into the bloom closet. I’ve timed it so they should both be at the end of flowering around the same time glue is 9-10 weeks and poison 6-7

11 people like this

The competition 

so these are the photos of the plants I’m growing to try and beat everyone else to, well a packet of rizla by the looks of it. Seems like none of us are expecting a top 25 place so rizla it is (although the free seeds for taking part is a win on its own, tanks again sweet seeds team).

the poisons started off in water and like I said and are growing rapidly. These are at 48hrs. The fastest one went in around 6pm and had its helmet poking up in the morning. Now they’re in the germination chamber with a 50w led above them.

large.3F4F901C-C4DD-4A76-8309-A2CEF4E5F273.jpeglarge.64773798-545C-46EE-8426-96A252981F15.jpeglarge.4597D2D9-B103-4FDF-9ED6-821A5CC0F043.jpeglarge.55735B42-2B17-49E0-B4E1-6C2D91FA594B.jpeg

12 people like this

Welcome to the competition,

I'll be following along :)

Atvb

:yinyang:

3 people like this

Good luck buddy, them Tropicanas sure looks tasty.

3 people like this

Hi buddy! 

Welcome to the competition :cowboy:

It seems that everything is going well! Oh yeah!

Good luck and happy new year ;)

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

3 people like this

Impressed by your LST. :yep:

5 people like this

1 hour ago, AustrianToker said:

Impressed by your LST. :yep:

thanks mate. Took a couple of goes to get it nice but it’s starting to look worth it. The test poison is looking strong now definitely. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Week 1

the seedlings are a week old now so as they had roots showing through the bottom of the seed pots Ive planted them up a size. The plants will get three pot ups in total from the seed pot 0.5l, 6.5l and an 11l. 

the seedlings have only had water in them so far, the bigger poison and the sweet gelato auto in the veg area have had some biosys microbe tea (2 for the poison 1 for the auto) and the poison has had grow twice at half strength on weeks 4 and 6 (which was yesterday) I also put a very week bit of molasses in to help feed the soil microbes. I’m using house and garden bat special and it says you don’t need to feed for 6weeks but all the plants I’ve grown in it have shown a nitrogen deficiency in week 4 so that’s why I’ve tried ecothrives teas and added weak nutes. 

The two Tropicana poison seedlings

large.19CFDB4B-5762-4DE1-9001-306826CD1657.jpeglarge.1F4D800E-8167-43FB-A77B-E33E76AADCA3.jpeglarge.4ADEF972-F8D5-48B6-A73D-4AD3A0604F26.jpeglarge.7BC93CDB-78E7-4993-A4DA-13C70F81BD29.jpeg

and the gelato and test poison

large.7731E828-B7C4-4D73-801F-602C3242C5DF.jpeglarge.CCE5A8C1-303C-4BF3-94AC-C3177FA1ED4A.jpeglarge.14CBA01C-D651-4BA3-A668-2AFDA5AC3D56.jpeg

the poison is looking really healthy. I had planted it deep in the pot so I could tie the branches down easier but now it’s bigger ive lifted it out and filled the empty third with soil to give the roots some more breathing room. The light is about 50cm away and on full power.

I do have an extra larger pot but I’m not going to put the gelato auto in it. That will stay in that pot and have to fight for space in the veg area. Basically I’m just having a go at seeing if I can squeeze an auto or two in the veg area to try and get a little extra bud. As it stands I can only really grow two strains at a time with around 2-2.5 months between harvests (well what ever the flowering time is on the blooming plants so fast versions could decrease it but a 15 week haze will destroy it). If I can squeeze some autos in and put them in the germination chamber then I may be able to squeeze another harvest out of this space and get two more strains to try. So fingers crossed this little auto does something. If I can even just get between a Q to a half off them then it would be worth the effort. The lights are on anyway so no extra cost there and 2 seeds are far cheaper than a half of weed and I would get new flavours to try. So it would be cost effective even at small harvest amounts.

the worry is the number of plants. It would take me up to 8 plants but only ever 2-4 flowering at once. I have 6 now and only ever 2 flowering so me cancard should save me.

Edited by Whatwentwrong
9 people like this

Welcome to the competition :yep:

A very good work so far mate, keep it up.

Sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

2 people like this

Good luck with competition, grow looks excellent so far :yep:

As above great training, and very nice set up.

Atb :oldtoker:

3 people like this

Love the manifold mate...

Great growing and LST is always interesting.

ATVB

2 people like this

Nice training mate,this is the way to go in small spaces,girls looks happy.

Good luck in the comp:cheers:

2 people like this

Thanks everyone. Trying my best, hopefully it will turn out well. All your grows look epic so just trying to keep up.

2 people like this