Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bongme

Health Canada concerned too much cannabis is being grown at home

17 posts in this topic

hi

Canadian health regulator on Thursday raised concerns about the large quantity of medical marijuana people were growing at home, after its data showed a significant jump in daily average production permitted by health care practitioners.

While the practitioners can allow registered patients to grow limited amounts at home for personal use, the regulator’s findings show that such authorizations rose to a staggering 36.2 grams by the end of March, compared with 25.2 grams in October 2018.

Meanwhile, average purchases by registered patients, who can buy pot from licensed producers and federal medical sellers, have stayed as low as 2 to 2.1 grams every month, data showed.

“An early review of the data signals to me a striking difference in the average amounts prescribed per day in the two different channels,” said Deepak Anand, chief executive officer of Materia Ventures.

With no concrete limits on personal production, Health Canada is facing rising pressure to tackle the perceived abuse of the home-grow program.

“Health Canada is concerned that high daily authorized amounts are, in a few instances, leading to abuse of the access to cannabis for medical purposes framework and are undermining the integrity of the system,” the regulator said.

CBC News reported in October that the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) raided dozens of illegal cannabis grow operations between July and October, a majority of which had personal production authorization.

“It remains unclear if we are dealing with systemic issues as opposed to targeted ones, as a result of the tremendous pressure the regulator has fallen under recently by provincial and municipal governments,” Anand said.

Health Canada’s finding show 43,211 individuals were allowed to grow marijuana for their personal medical use by the end of September, and 377,024 clients were registered as patients.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7530148/cannabis-home-grow-health-canada/

Bongme

Well of course people are going to grow it at home you silly sausages. Do we pay through the nose or do we grow it for virtually nothing, choices choices :wacko:

10 people like this

Hi

Canadian health regulator for weed. lol and they wounder why they are doing their own thing!

i have been watching look at this for some time!

Because folks are going to government shop and buying the weed and trying it a realizing its crap weed and too expensive and then growing their own and going back to the streets to buy as its better and cheaper, it's also the packaging that's costing you your sales kill off the packaging and just sell it in jars like Amsterdam.

you need stronger weed as not everyone is into 21% THC some disabled folks need stronger weed for it to work at 100"%  THC just like Amsterdam other places!

If these government shops are that good why are folks growing there own and buying elsewhere if they are so good?

The Public is telling you something but you're not listening as you want all stoners all in...

THE BOX - Roddy Ricch Dance Choreography | Matt Steffanina & Josh Killacky (2020 dance off the street)

Bongme :yinyang:

3 people like this

3 hours ago, bongme said:

hi

lol classic, that’s the problem, if theres no profit they are not interested.. feck peoples health, it’s the money they is after..

13 people like this

Hi

The other thing that gets me as a stoner and grower, is too much control too much regulation too much interfering too much trying to rewrite cannabis culture and trying to reinvent a new one with safe laws moderated laws that are useless, in other words, they have taken the fun out of cannabis no whities no adventure no unknown and much more its all been moderated to rubbish!

In a place like Amsterdam you ask at the counter do you have mild weed they give you mild weed you ask for strong weed you get strong weed and so on with history and strain? information if asked You know the proper way of doing it! :yep:

So get on board and grow your own and have it the way like it :yep:

Bongme :yinyang:

5 people like this

you are absolutely right Bongme. i wouldnt stop growing and buy weed even if it was legalised over here because i can grow what i want, and know its not got PGRs etc in it. 

they are only interested in money, nothing to do with patient health, just profit. 

the problem is now they realise how many people are growing more at home, i will guarantee they will lower the limit on the amount of plants people can grow at home, to force them to use mainstream big pharma profiteers

7 people like this

Health Canada concerned too much cannabis is being grown at home because their system isn't working and people aren't thick as dog shite.

6 people like this

it quickly got turned into a fashion thing with cbd (hemp) had to so they can make money legally turning it into an established product, not an antiestablishment icon..

its mental, in our life time you can see the massive government and business properganda drive against cannabis and it’s users, to then a complete 180 to sell cannabis back to you as an patented pharmaceutical/governmental product lol 

so much greed and deception around one little non toxic plant it’s amazing, nothing else like it.. control this one plant and you control the planet and its people..

6 people like this

Hi

From Me finely lol

It's all bout the money that's all I see in the news every day, this is why they want us off the streets, Stocks and shears has been replaced from permacutacl companies gone from dealers to stocks and shers... today's news...

Three stocks to grow profits from the legal cannabis sector

https://moneyweek.com/investments/stocks-and-shares/share-tips/602331/three-stocks-to-grow-profits-from-the-legal

Pot stocks pop ahead of U.S., UN votes on cannabis legalization

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pot-stocks-pop-ahead-of-u-s-un-votes-on-cannabis-legalization-11606766956

3 Top Stocks That'll Make You Richer in December (and Beyond)

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/12/01/3-top-stocks-thatll-make-you-richer-in-december-an/

Its got nothing to do with cannabis and cannabis culture they have killed that off;

Bongme :yinyang:

Edited by bongme
1 person likes this

They just want more money!

In the UK the NHS says that the reason cannabis cannot be prescribed outside of private clinics is the cost of £10,000+ per patient.

But where do these costs come from?

A hobbyist can grow pesticide free cannabis organically for £20 an ounce. Using an inefficient set up, artificial lights, expensive electricity etc.

How come a commercial grows cost the government £120+ an ounce?

It's a scam to transfer wealth to the elite!

6 people like this

I remember a massive home brew surge in the 70s, everybody seemed to be having a go, now they've sorted how to get decent beer, in a tin or bottle, to the consumer at a reasonable price you rarely hear about it.

It'll be all about price and convenience in the end, like everything.

2 people like this

22 hours ago, Conroy said:

I remember a massive home brew surge in the 70s, everybody seemed to be having a go, now they've sorted how to get decent beer, in a tin or bottle, to the consumer at a reasonable price you rarely hear about it.

Yet today's home brew kits produce better results than the shop bought ale of 10 -20 years ago.

Even though I can buy a decent bottle for 1.50 thanks to Aldi starting a price war, I'll keep brewing my own for 60 p a bottle!

2 people like this

22 hours ago, Conroy said:

Yet today's home brew kits produce better results than the shop bought ale of 10 -20 years ago.

Even though I can buy a decent bottle for 1.50 thanks to Aldi starting a price war, I'll keep brewing my own for 60 p a bottle!

2 people like this

18 hours ago, Absurdist said:

I'd imagine it's a bit like growing in as much as it's a learning curve, except growing equipment is more expensive.

My downfall was 4 cans of cider from Lidl for less than £2, 4 cans a night soon mounts up and so does the weight lol.

Knocked it on the head for now thankfully :)

2 people like this

On 18/12/2020 at 1:36 PM, smokinggolden said:

It's a scam to transfer wealth to the elite!

A lot of that going on at the moment mate! Lol.