Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cypher79

Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w owners - what yields are you getting?

282 posts in this topic

So I've done several grows with my Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w now, and been really disappointed with the yields that I've been getting since using it (between 12-16oz), as I'm normally getting over a gram per watt with 600w HPS and the same cuttings, same setup, same everything...etc, just the different light. And I've tried using it at different heights, tried 75% on the dial, 100%.....no difference :(

Really frustrated with this as this as I paid a lot of money for it and it is supposed to be one of the best LED's on the market and some people are talking about getting near 2gpw with it.....so trying to figure out where I'm going wrong with it, and I think it comes down to either two things;

1) Something is wrong with this particular light.

or

2)LED lights are not suitable for soil growing (as I noticed that the plants would take 4 days before they needed watering compared to 3 days with HPS)

So I'm asking other Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w growers here if you're getting good yields or not with it? And what medium are you using with it? Because as it stands I'm stuck with this very expensive light that I'm not using and is taking up space in my small gaff, and I'm wondering if I should try and cut my losses and sell it, or give coco/hydro a go with it? :unsure:

3 people like this

I don't have a Zeus, but having recently moved from HID to LED, I think the extra day for watering may just be down to less heat?

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, rambler said:

I don't have a Zeus, but having recently moved from HID to LED, I think the extra day for watering may just be down to less heat?

Yeah for sure the extra day is down to less heat, I'm wondering if that's what's causing the negative effect on the yield.

2 people like this

@cypher79 what’s the environment like lights on and lights off ? I don’t use a Zeus but I use similar strips from Diyleduk . I have to be honest the only changes I noticed was lower temps and slightly higher feeds needed , also yield a bit more than the grow northerns and Hans I used to use .

Edited by Arthur Mix
Addition
4 people like this

Ive nill advice or experience to offer as my lights date back to sometime around when Noah built the ark (magnetic ballasts) lol but I’ll Plonk me sen in the corner as I was also thinking of upgrading to leds. 

6 people like this

@Arthur Mix I ran a tube heater 24/7 with the LED light, so lights on would be between 25-28c, and lights off would be around 20c.

What medium are you using with those strips?

Edited by cypher79
3 people like this

Ok that’s what it should be near as.  I see you said you water less daily now ? I don’t do that I water daily although I use hempy buckets. Plants may not look deficient but are they using foods at maximum rates ? the inputs are less not watering daily could be that maybe 

1 person likes this

I don't run the Lumatek so probably shouldn't comment but after switching to led my yield has jumped considerably.  Like over 50% more. 

Makes me think something definitely isn't right.. 

Not much help I know but at least confirms what Yr thinking (that something is wrong /outta whack somewhere). 

:yinyang:

7 people like this

@Dodgee what medium are you growing in?

Temp different? perhaps some heat cables under the tray / pots might help if you haven't already. 

3 people like this

Air temps aren't plant temps, get an IR thermo gun and check leaf surface temps, ideally it wants to be 2c less than the air temp. I suspect your air temps are in the right range but I suspect due to the lack of radiant heat from the unit your plants aren't as warm.

Another thing to think about is your relative humidity, what are you currently sitting at? Because of the lack of radiant heat, and fans not running as much, humidity can creep up and if your RH is abit on the high side this can also effect transpiration.

10 people like this

Temps seem about right, leaf temp will be 2-3deg lower than air temp but it shouldn't have too much affect on your yield.

What happened to 'fatboy'? Didn't he have this light and wasn't that impressed compared to HPS?

2 people like this

I run quantum boards

I added a heat mat Which is run via a thermostat soil probe. upped nutrients especially cal mag.

in return I was rewarded with +1 gpw of absolute pukka every time. Once it’s dialled in. Theirs no going back. Root temps are key 

Edited by crticalcontent
9 people like this

1 hour ago, cypher79 said:

@Dodgee what medium are you growing in?

Soil mate.  Intense nutrients range on the last run :yinyang:

6 people like this

I use canna prof coco with Maxigro and Maxibloom nutes. Hempy buckets 

2 people like this