Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Larry Badgeley

Larry's Sweet Seeds Adventure

97 posts in this topic

i dont know how much cal mag you are putting in but id definitely be dosing some with the next feed.

if your water is 0.2ec out the tap, id add the cal mag first till it goes to 0.4ec mate, and add your other nutrients after,till you reach your target EC,  see how they go at that. 

2 people like this

@badbillybob. Thanks man. I live in a very soft water area. I will be adding 3ml to my next feed. 

2 people like this

Oh yeah, They seem to be growing up very healthy. A good Christmas present ;)

Sweet smokes and Merry Christmas!
-Apolo

2 people like this

Hi mate, just out of interest how often are you watering and ha e you only fed them grow on the one occasion. 

15 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Hi mate, just out of interest how often are you watering and ha e you only fed them grow on the one occasion. 

Every other day. Only once fed grow. 

1 person likes this

Good morning all. I hope everyone had a festive holiday in these weird times?

So update time.

I flipped the girls yesterday and decided on lights out overnight. I know this could be controversial regarding temperatures at this time of year, but I have done this before and as my loft space is my office and is warm, I prefer the flexibility of watering and checking when the lights are on. So it's off 7pm - 7am off. I checked this morning as it is snowing and cold outside but the tent is warm with the heat mat and tube heater doing their thang. A couple of issues which I MUST REMEMBER. Tropic Bat Mix is 60 % Coco. Thus watering can grab you when your off guard. This happened yesterday but as we all know these plants are very resilient. I checked in the morning and all 3 looked liked they had perished, leaves almost flat. I watered and within 10  minutes were proudly up right. Second is the very weird leaf development on the SAD CBD. This can be clearly be seen in the pictures.

Any thoughts anyone??

So my next 2 months or so. Feed 2ml Grow 3ml Bloom for a few weeks plus Cal Mag and some Runzyme. I may top dress with some charge at some stage. Then up the Bloom to the finish. So the stretch is on and we'll see how things pan out in my next update next year.

Without much fanfare and the need for a cuppa here are the pics.

Group Shot: Dos Sweet Dos right, SAD CBD Bottom Left. SAD Top Left

large.IMG_1074.JPG

DSD

large.IMG_1075.JPG

SAD CBD With weird leaf growth

large.IMG_1076.JPG

SAD

large.IMG_1077.JPG

4 people like this

Festive greetings :) 

Dunno about the SAD CBD :upside:

The Do Si Dos looks very Mg hungry to me(could be wrong),

not sure but the others might need more too(the LED effect).

Soft water?

Perhaps spray with Epsom Salts,

1/2 teaspoon per litre or add a teaspoon per litre into the feed,

once or twice a week.

Or try increasing the CalMag a little.

Atb for 2021 mate :thumsup:

:yinyang:

3 people like this

@Shumroom. Yes I thought about Cal Mag. Yes I do live in a soft water area. Very soft. Maybe these plants need more than previous I've grown? I have some Dead Sea Salts in the bathroom , which it states rich in Cal, Mag and Potassium. Would this be suitable? Also taking pictures with the LED on does make the plants look light green

All the best to you also. 

Edited by Larry Badgeley
3 people like this

2 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@Shumroom. Yes I thought about Cal Mag. Yes I do live in a soft water area. Very soft. Maybe these plants need more than previous I've grown? I have some Dead Sea Salts in the bathroom , which it states rich in Cal, Mag and Potassium. Would this be suitable? Also taking pictures with the LED on does make the plants look light green

All the best to you also. 

It's a no on the dead Sea salt I'm afraid. I know it's rich in what we need but it's in chloride form. Magnesium chloride, calcium chloride, when it breaks Down it leaves to much chlorine in the soil which will cause lock out. 

You haven't been feeding the plants much, I'd start on the regime you listed and I clude the liquid calmag you have and gi e it a week. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong

Nah I wouldn't recommend the Dead Sea salt,

didn't know about 'Chloride' form :) 

but I'd suspect it may contain other things our plants don't want,

perhaps Na(Sodium)?

Maybe dim the light a little for taking photos?

Keep up the good work :yep:

:yinyang:

Posted (edited)

Firstly a happy new year to all fellow comp entrants and I trust all is well? Another lockdown until March? Only advantage of course is that we have no excuses to tend to our gardens and keep an eye on things. I think the early issues with feeding and whatnot has been resolved, this is a week since I flipped and the stretch has begun. I have removed some dead and poor leaves (mainly from the bottom) and snipped off a few bud sites that will add nothing to the flower show later on, again from the bottom. Am totally excited as to what is about to happen as all three ladies are looking great.

Feeding: 3ml Grow, 1ml Runzyme, 2 ml Cal Mag per Litre. No Bloom as yet. Their drinking about a ltr per day. Temps are perfect with no real drop at lights out even as I do this at night. The heat mat and Tube Heater are doing their thang. Lights on 216w full whack and 18" from canopy. Only slight issue is the SAD is a bit smaller than the other two and I may have to lift it up but this means it won't be on the heat mat, however I'll look at that after the stretch has finished.

So here are the ladies in and out of the tent.

Group shot. You can see the SAD top right being a bit smaller that the SAD CBD top left and the very impressive Do Sweet Dos bottom

large.IMG_1078.JPG

Do Sweet Dos

large.IMG_1079.JPG

SAD CBD

large.IMG_1080.JPGlarge.IMG_1081.JPGSAD

Group outside: SAD CBD Top Left, SAD Bottom Left. Do Sweet Dos right. Ganesh overseeing proceedings

large.IMG_1082.JPG

Anyway as always thanks for looking in and see you next week.

Edited by Larry Badgeley
8 people like this

What a nice bush trio that you've got there :yep:

Will be fun to watch them producing flowers. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated ;)

Sweet smokes :smoke:

tommy

1 person likes this

Happy new year to you too mate.

Nice and tidy zone, should fill up nicely.

ATVB

2 people like this

@Punta Roja. Thanks man. Latest update and they are flying along

Feed. l ml Grow, 3 ml Bloom. 1ml Runzyme, 1ml Cal Mag. Per L. Girls being fed 1 ltr Daily. Environment spot on.

Group shot in the tent. Do Sweet Dos Top Left. SAD Top Right. SAD CBD Front

large.IMG_1086.JPG

SAD CBD. Lots of bud sites forming

large.IMG_1087.JPG

Same can be said for the DSD

large.IMG_1088.JPG

The SAD. A wee bit smaller but lots of sites as the others

large.IMG_1089.JPG

Finally an out of the tent shot

large.IMG_1090.JPG

Not wanting to temp fate but all is going very well. Update next week. Stay safe all. 

4 people like this

Just a quick update as I took a couple of snaps for another thread. Flipped to 12/12 on 29th December. Really flying along.

large.IMG_1091.JPGlarge.IMG_1092.JPG

7 people like this