Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Larry Badgeley

Larry's Sweet Seeds Adventure

97 posts in this topic

Good afternoon fellow entrants. With thanks to the Sweet Seeds gang here is my opening gambit for this years Sweet Seeds Comp. Obviously not much happening as the beans arrived safe and sound yesterday. They are in the shot glasses in the prop and will be transplanted into the starter pots tomorrow.

Here is my attempt to add a little art and an introduction of my choices. I've plumped for Do Sweet Dos, Sweet Afghan Delicious both the S1 and the CBD version.

large.IMG_1051.JPG

My other choice is to use the Intense Nutrient range. First for me. Medium will be Bio Bizz Light mix for the germination and will pot up with Tropic Bat Mix from Growell. I have some Ecothrive Charge which I used last year and some Bio Bizz Root Juice. 

large.IMG_1055.JPG

The beans are in their shot glasses in the prop with the starter pots. Maybe have a look later but more than likely transplant tomorrow, straight in the soil

large.IMG_1054.JPG

Into my 80cm x 80cm x 180cm Green Tube tent. Lights courtesy of Dial a Duck 220w Scope V2. I will take the tip from @tokenroll having my extract at the bottom of the tent and my intake at the top utilising as much heat as I can. I will keep the Heat Mat and the 80w Tube Heater on all the time . 

large.IMG_1056.JPG

I think that covers all bases and will update when we have life in the prop. Finally good luck to all in the competition and thanks for looking in 

15 people like this

Nice start.

Best of luck with the grow and the competition :yep:

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

yep, great intro,

good luck with the competition.

2 people like this

good luck with the grow, larry :)

2 people like this

Awesome choices and a great start. Looking forward to following your diary. 

Best of luck and happy growing.

:skin_up:

2 people like this

Nice strain choices.  Do sweet dos is quite a strong smoke and sad a great classic. 

Hope you have a great grow! :v:

2 people like this

Do sweet dos does sound nice. Loving the elephant.

2 people like this

6 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

Do sweet dos does sound nice. Loving the elephant.

Ganesha.(Ganesh) Indian deity of wisdom and intellect amongst other things.

4 people like this

So we have life. All 3 up so 100% germination. Excellent. I'll leave them in the prop for a few days in the dark and when the first set of leaves appear they will go under the Scope at it's lowest setting.

As an aside the Green Poison CBD I cropped a while ago is fantastic. We had a Bifta last evening and we both agreed it was lovely. Not too strong, lovely taste also. I find the CBD strains can be a little sticky but the bud I crumbled was easy. I highly recommend this. :yep:

6 people like this

On 03/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, Shumroom said:

Nice start.

Best of luck with the grow and the competition :yep:

:yinyang:

On 03/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, badbillybob said:

yep, great intro,

good luck with the competition.

On 03/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, ratdog said:

good luck with the grow, larry :)

On 03/11/2020 at 5:53 PM, 57north said:

Awesome choices and a great start. Looking forward to following your diary. 

Best of luck and happy growing.

:skin_up:

11 hours ago, AustrianToker said:

Nice strain choices.  Do sweet dos is quite a strong smoke and sad a great classic. 

Hope you have a great grow! :v:

Thanks all. Fingers crossed we don't get a beast of a winter, though the loft is warm and snug

6 people like this

Lovely start matey, I will be following along. 

Love your choices. :)

3 people like this

First update: The Do Sweet Dos is up but struggling. The bean is visible but the case is still in place. The 2 SAD's however are fine. They are still in the prop but I have now put the light on. 30w very high up and I'll leave it on 24 hrs. I'll keep checking and coaxing her along so she can stand proud with her sisters

4 people like this

Glad to hear we have lift off even if the Do Sweet Dos is a bit shy coming out of its shell, give it some time and I'm sure it will come along. Looking forward to seeing them fill up your tent. Thanks for sharing and best of luck! :yep:

3 people like this

Quakity selection mate, can't wait for a smoke report on the Do Sweet Dos, GL with the comp buddy

2 people like this

The Do Sweet Dos never made it. Had a good look today and it just never shed it's shell. So another has gone in. Makes my 100% germ statement a bit redundant. Onwards and upwards as they say. Light on 24" above at 44w. Temps at 79 degrees. 

5 people like this