Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gnarkill102

First ever Edibles

31 posts in this topic

So had a bash at making my first edibles last night , loosely following some guides online.

Potency was a concern as ive never tried edibles ever , neither has the wife... lots of stories of people loosing their shit and freaking out taking too much put me off them for years...

I went with just 2.5 grams of flower , ground it up then heated in butter over a medium heat for about 45 mins slight bubbling but not boiled.

Then when it was really dark green/ brown i used this butter in the brownie mix and baked some delicious looking brownies...

According to the howtoedibles website this should be somewhere around 15-20mg of thc per brownie square a common dose ?

any of this sounding wrong or should be done different ?

Going to give them a go this evening any advise ? :wassnnme:lol

1 person likes this

You ain't gonna lose your shit mate,  I never weigh anything so I don't know about dose sizes,If you are worried start with half a dose give it 90mins then decide if you want to increase, other advise would be getting a load of munchies in ,and line up a good movie or good music playlist 

eta and don't go fucking about with fireworks on your first time :yes:

Edited by Jimboo
7 people like this

So first batch of brownies I ever made had a quarter Oz of prime flower in and that made 8 brownies. So the wife tries one I told her only half so naturally she ate the whole thing (damn tasty brownies to be fair) half hour later "can't feel anything I'm having another" couple of hours later, she's emptying the contents of her stomach on a petrol station forecourt, had probably the worst experience you could have and passed out for 12 hours.

Turned out I got the portion size wrong, that recipe makes 32 brownies, one of which will get you decently high for a few hours.

So basically she had 8 in one sitting!

Always start with half and wait an hour minimum before deciding if you want to eat more. Once it's in your stomach the options for getting out again are rather limited.

What I will say is edibles are probably my favourite way to medicate. When you get it right it's great. Your weed goes so much further with edibles as well.

9 people like this

2.5g?

How much do you smoke in an evening?

How many squares did you cut the brownie into?

Lets say you cut it into ten squares.

If you have no experiance of weed then I would advise a quarter or a half a square.

If you are a regular toker then start off with half or a full square.

I made some edables a couple of weeks ago and they were really weak, one didn't do any thing. So the next evening I took two, apparently I could not be woken up even when Mrs Jass was poking and slapping me to get me to stop snoreing! I couldn't be moved and apparently I stopped snoring at 7am and woke up fresh as a daisy. Mrs Jass was awake at 7am too, she was not in the best of moods having not being able to sleep all evening due to my snoreing.

5 people like this

What everyone else says. Start with less than you think you'll need and wait at least an hour/90 minutes before deciding "This isn't working." and eating more. You can always have more but you can never have less once you've eaten them lol

E2A Though personally I've never freaked out or had 'the fear' on edibles (and smoking strains that are too 'uppy' can give me the fear), I find it affects me a lot differently when I eat it, a lot more mellow even if I'm absolutely off my nut, more trippy but less anxious :)

Edited by Boojum
5 people like this

Sounds good so far. It really is a matter of trial and error but you should have good effect from what you have said you’ve done.

Enjoy. :eat:

THC when eaten has a more potent effect I have found.

It is to do with how the body metabolises THC within the liver converting it to the much stronger variant of 11Hydroxy-THC,  I do believe but Im no scientist and certainly no Dr. lol Nothing to be scared of though. If you feel a bit wobbly, have a lie down and try to get some sleep.

Have a good evening munching your brownies. 
Let us know how you get on.

Edited by bartman
1 person likes this

Love the advice guys ill respond with a report tomorrow lol

2 people like this

Well its been 60mins and other than a wee bit relaxed not much ... ill give it 15 and I'm having a second :thumbdown:

5 people like this

1 hour ago, Gnarkill102 said:

Well its been 60mins and other than a wee bit relaxed not much ... ill give it 15 and I'm having a second :thumbdown:

:headbang::headbang::rockon:

1 person likes this

You'll know you've gone too far when you're watching the contents of a glass of water tilting out of your hand, pouring all over the floor and there's fuck all you can do to get it upright. lol  Keep updating the thread so we can see how this ends up :yep:

I think the OP may already be unconscious lol

Edited by OctoMan
3 people like this

Well I'm awake ... unusual experience didn't feel high or buzzed or giggly or a y of the fun uplifting effects.

Had one nothing,  had two eyes felt heavy noticed my body felt a bit heavy ...

That was about 8pm ..

Woke up 12 hours later

Amazing if you have insomnia

Not so amazing if you want a fun movie night lol

3 people like this

Think I may have decarboxylated the flower too long read it turns it into CBN which is a great insomnia treatment  lol

2 hours ago, Gnarkill102 said:

Well I'm awake ... unusual experience didn't feel high or buzzed or giggly or a y of the fun uplifting effects.

Had one nothing,  had two eyes felt heavy noticed my body felt a bit heavy ...

That was about 8pm ..

Woke up 12 hours later

Amazing if you have insomnia

Not so amazing if you want a fun movie night lol

Give it another go tonight mate, lol maybe now you know you aren't going to have a psychotic meltdown things will be different 

Edited by Jimboo
2 people like this

Gonna bake another batch using amnesia this time bit stronger and was my best plant this round , for yield and size not even smoked it yet lol

Gonna try a different method as well

I'll label the previous ones Night Night

Hopefully the new batch will be 'How long has that van been there'

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Gnarkill102 said:

Gonna bake another batch using amnesia this time bit stronger and was my best plant this round , for yield and size not even smoked it yet lol

Gonna try a different method as well

I'll label the previous ones Night Night

Hopefully the new batch will be 'How long has that van been there'

I think mate it also depends on what you have eaten beforehand how fast it kicks in and how fast it gets to your bloodstream, big heavy meal beforehand will have a different experience to taking it on an empty stomach     imho  

Edited by Jimboo
1 person likes this