Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Firstimegrower_420

Is this a nurtirent deffincecy

24 posts in this topic

Its defo not capsid lol so my question is ive noticed this on my leaves, not all but enough to winder if its aomethjng im doing wrong with feed or is it natural but either way how can I fix it? Do I fix it? Do I just leave and see how it goes over the next few days. 

EC is 1.5

PH 5.8

run off for that plant around the 1.2 

Not really seeing it on my other plants as yet! 

large.20201023_092142_copy_1224x1632.jpglarge.20201023_092117_copy_1224x1632.jpglarge.20201023_090623_copy_1224x1632.jpg

Thanks 

whats she growing in?

what size pot?

what are you feeding her?

soils ph?

1 person likes this

yeah as CBD guy said........temps at night, are they in veg? Pot size

......as an initial look, over watered, cold roots/cold nightime and over nuted could all be factors in those leaves.......

3 people like this

@CBDGUY and @thedemon thanks for your replies. I never got a notification ans just came back to ask about the pics below.

daytime temp is 25/26 and night time right now is at 21.5 and will go down slowly to around 20.5 then back up as my heating comes on 

Planta are 2 week in flower, 15litre pot using coco so don't check soil PH. 

Ph going in is 6.0/6.1 now in flower and EC is 1.5 and run off is a couple below aroimd 1.1/1.2

I'm seeing these on a few leaves and think hest stress for curling upwards but not sure if its normal due to aging of fan leaves 

can anyone advise

large.20201029_090315_copy_720x1600.jpglarge.20201029_090300_copy_720x1600.jpglarge.20201029_090241_copy_720x1600.jpg

It looks like heat/light stress. Your humidity may be low as well which can dry the leaves out.

when the leaves die off from old age the plant sucks all the nitrogen out of them so they go light in colour and then fall off. Also if you look down from the top of the plant the leaves dying from old age would be hidden and not getting any light.

1 person likes this

Thank @Whatwentwrongmy humidity is a little on the high side and sit around 65% lights out and over 55% when lights on. I was actually looking at dehumidifier for last few weeks of flower as I read it should be around 40% and. I haven't a clue how to do that without the machine but ive weeks away so ill no worry there just yet. 

This was last night and with a zoom you can see the leaves I meaning its just not close like the other photos this morning large.Screenshot_20201029-084107_Gallery_copy_672x1077.jpg

Checked your ec pen lately? 

2 people like this

Just now, Slim Jim Free said:

Checked your ec pen lately? 

Yeah its same in.my tap water and reads 0.178 so I round it to 0.2 and incorporate that in the total of 1.5

could that be overwatering? 

1 person likes this

I run HPS but that is what the heat/light stree looked like, although it started later in flower after they stretched and it started at the top

1 person likes this

@thedemon I don't know if it is it if it isn't, I wasn't watering them for days and got told to water daily so started that 2 night ago and maybe its because I'm giving to much at 1 time. 

it's interesting you say that @InMyPocketbecause its only this week I put another light inside the tent because I didnt want it sitting doing nothing, it was being used for clones but I had to make a sudden stop of doing that so put a CFL125W at the side of the Par+275w and thinking it might be to much but it keeps temps aroumd 26 whereas the LED itself only reaches around 24 during the cold of night.

It might be an idea to take the CFL back out if you think heat light stress. Saying that its only this 1 plant in the centre i see that on leaves so maybe it isn't lol so maybe just lift the CFL right above my LED and just take the heat it gives for giving a warmer room temp 

Edited by Firstimegrower_420

Ah your daily fussing thread lol jk 

Highly doubt that is from 'light damage'.. Maybe overwatering or toxic accumulation as suggested but to me that looks like what happens when plants are too close to a radiator, or there is hot air blowing straight at them (intake air too hot/dry?).

e2a - personally I would run a lower ec anyway, 1.2-1.3 at that stage, and I have very hard water so a decent part of that isn't doing anything (meaning you more available minerals at the same ec)..

e2aa - And maybe try watering less often, and more at a time (so let them dry a fair amount, like 50% ish, then water thoroughly to run off, and remove)..

Edited by uBercaMeL
4 people like this

@uBercaMeLthats exactly what I was thinking about heat stress, I have the CFL125W sitting right in front of my fan and that will be pushing it right across and because I know the angle its positioned its catching most of the leaves within that path that im have my daily fuss about hahahaha lol

im going to put at the opposite end tonight and see how it goes. 

I'm happy to drop to a lower EC and give less canna A&B, im just about to go from my 2week feed cycle on 12/12 so they'll be getting less rhizotonic in next feed which won't be tonight unless things are bad when I open the tent and turn lights on at 10pm and I might try flush some of the stuff that's in there out 

So far I've checked magnesim and calcium deficiency and if this is a cause of that for not getting any fir 10 nights then what I gave last night will help, I also checked about potassium deficiency and hmmmm maybe because I have increased my PH to 6.1/2 and read that above 6 it locks it out of the feed, I just thought I had to increase it fir flower in coco. 

Im.going back to aroumd. 5.9ph so will see how that goes this next few feeds but im enjoying researching stuff and learning little things. All part of my daily fuss, I just miss my plants for the 12hrs of darkness lol

large.5f9b038860519_Screenshot_20201029-175923_VideoPlayer_copy_972x1358.jpg

Edited by Firstimegrower_420

Nah the heat from a 125w isn't enough to cause that, I was thinking maybe you had a radiator blasting in that room next to the effected side.

Regarding ph, slight variations like that won't cause problems either (and probably wont make a noticeable difference whatsoever). I just aim for low 6s and knowing how much ph down my water & nutes require I rarely check it. I know people who use canna with no ph down at all and get decent results (the ph sits at 6.5-6.8).

I'd probably go with overwatering causing some root issues then, as you have quite big pots for the plant sizes (so water a bit less often and at a lower ec, and next time either veg longer or use smaller pots, you can get an oz per liter quite easy in coco with multiple feeds per day, 0.5 oz per liter is easily doable feeding ~once a day or 2)..

1 person likes this

Thanks @uBercaMeL nah there's no radiator next to tge tent, one opposite and when I put that on like now for instance the tent temp is 21.5

Thats great to know about the ph and ec, you know your probably right it could be overwatering because they're deep pots of 15L and to get a run off its taking nearly 3.5L and then it just doesn't stop and im forever trying to stop it overflowing the tray... so its hard to know when to stop if ive no run off as I won't knownif the roots at the base are being fed.. kinda caught between the devil and the deep blue sea because of the size... So do I leave to get half dry and drench or say 3litre enough and ya get feck all else lol

It was suggested to "bottom feed" and just pour my stuff in the saucer and let the plant take what it needs... Any views on that? 

I didnt know about pot size and it was the man in hydro place going on about bigger pots bigger roots, bigger yields and I just thought I was doing the right thing. I know next time they won't be in anyting so big!