Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

I’d like some substantial evidence on this. 

then buy the book lol 

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, schmoak said:

superfood

Superfood is a marketing term, you don't want to fall into that trap. Superfood is essentially an empty term that doesn't really say much. People were roped into buying acai berries through the use of "superfood" which are similarly nothing special.  

I'm not saying it isn't healthy mate, hemp seeds are. I just don't think they're worth fixating on. They're not economically viable as a staple form of protein (you'd have to be RICH), they're no different from many other foods... I could go on. What I'm saying is that fixating on hemp is like fixating on a blade of grass in a meadow, saying it's superior to all the others. 

In no way are hemp seeds and a Maccies comparable either lol 

@The Pharm Don't engage with him mate, I'm genuinely feeling quite sorry for him at this point, he can't stop himself. Plus, you know he's only going to link you to things from pro cannabis sources - because that's all he knows.  

Edited by Nervous
1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, twigs said:

lol come on dude admit it, you and the dr fecked up big time..

this mega cock up is what exactly.? the proof i posted about cannabis being ‘one of the earliest cultivated crops’ showed you evidence of cannabis crop use from the stone age but that’s not good enough for your petulant mind lol 

showed proof of it dating back 30,000,000 years ‘or so’ lol 

then put me on ignore dude :)

great educational debating skills there buddy! lol 

We haven’t fucked up at all, you’re so arrogant, not very communal at all. 

44 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Plus, you know he's only going to link you to things from pro cannabis sources - because that's all he knows. there is.

Fixched it for you there, c'mon Nervous, why fight it? Cannabis is Food. Always has been. We have the Cook book section here and hundreds of sites to choose from on the web, all doing every sort of edible arrangement, it seems that eating and absorbing through the stomach is a very  developed and popular way to take cannabis and so there's bound to be much Pro-Cannabis advertising. 

Remember Nervous,                  "Let medicine be your food & food be thy medicine"

Edited by schmoak
3 people like this

@schmoak Fight what? I'm agreeing with you :bangin: they are healthy. All I'm saying is there are other things in the world than cannabis :) some which, if you're interested in foods with medicinal properties (which I assure you I could talk to you for days about because their are so many kinds) are much more deserving of this level of fixation. 

I do like that quote. Interesting fact, it's a mistranslation. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/258099432_Let_not_thy_food_be_confused_with_thy_medicine_The_Hippocratic_misquotation I got marked down in an assignment for quoting the extract in Greek because the clever cloggs marking it was an expert in ancient Greek. The quote had circulated so much that it just became a thing that nutritionists and dieticians then adopted to give weight to arguments from the early 1900s onwards. Hippocrates did recognise the importance in diet for sure, but that misquotation would defy his own principles regarding Hippocratic practice. 

I'd give the entire paper a read (if you can access it somewhere), it's a cracker. 

Edited by Nervous
tired, night
1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Hippocrates

Couldn’t resist sorry.

Totally of topic I know but these things matter. 

Helps lighten up ones day. What,what.

Can’t beat a bit of Bodders lol 

Edited by bartman
3 people like this

It's kind of funny when you think about where we all are and how distanced we are from the Normality of Cannabis in the Legal Zone, real working experience in practice . . .

I wonder if the secret is combining certain other food ingredients with the Cannabis that makes it so worthwhile? so while we put all the emphasis on the Cannabis, the real magic power comes from the synergy of ingredients and that's probably what Chef above understands

2 people like this

2 hours ago, twigs said:

then buy the book lol 

You’re incorrect on the basis of no evidence to support this claim. 

6 hours ago, The Pharm said:

I assumed partial remission? Remission is not the end of cancer, and in some cases quite traumatic. Had she not of had cancer my sympathy would be limited.

can you read, it was not cancer, it was IBS or UC, are you the doc that chopped the guys bollox off then stuck a rod of metal up his willy when all he was in for an ultrasound?

3 people like this

7 hours ago, The Pharm said:

I'm not diagnosing anything, I was merely stating that cannabis can trigger psychological illness, especially if there has been a traumatic event in the past.

rubbish, cannabis is a treatment for PTSD, do you think using cannabis increases the risk of stroking out?

Edited by Bustin Jieber
3 people like this

2 hours ago, The Pharm said:

You’re incorrect on the basis of no evidence to support this claim. 

Having no evidence to support his claim doesn't make him incorrect, it just means he's made an unsubstantiated statement (which isn't even his statement/claim, as he was quoting someone else).

The biggest problem with science is the money, and where it comes from, the biggest funders of neuroscience are big pharma, do you really think they would admit the veracity (or fund) studies that prove that cannabis is an effective treatment, considering their potential profit losses ? Your industry has killed more people with 'treatments' in the last decade (or even the last year)  than cannabis ever has in it's entire history with us.

12 people like this

2 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

rubbish, cannabis is a treatment for PTSD, do you think using cannabis increases the risk of stroking out?

dont forget cannabis isnt for everyone, even thouth we have receptors for grass in our brains, some cant take the psychoative properties  and they can mess your brain up, i know i was one of them, tookit for PTSD and it made things worse

3 people like this

2 hours ago, CBDGUY said:

dont forget cannabis isnt for everyone,

That's a fact.

Apparently that's true

2 hours ago, CBDGUY said:

dont forget cannabis isnt for everyone, even thouth we have receptors for grass in our brains, some cant take the psychoative properties  and they can mess your brain up, i know i was one of them, tookit for PTSD and it made things worse

Am curious to know what you used and how you were treated?  It's widely recognised that treatment for PTSD Cannabis would require very specific strains and to avoid others also what would be up for scrutiny is the way in which you used the cannabis as medication.

Did you attend a proper cannabis clinic?

Something you may want to try if you don't want to get high @CBDGUY . . .

Suppositories!!

" Suppositories are not designed for those who are looking to get high, either. One of the reasons that suppositories are so attractive to medical marijuana patients is the fact that they do not bring about a psychoactive effect. They do, however, give the body an opportunity to absorb a much larger volume of cannabinoids than it would usually have when smoking or ingesting orally."

Don't give up on Cannabis:yinyang:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, schmoak said:

Something you may want to try if you don't want to get high @CBDGUY . . .

Suppositories!!

" Suppositories are not designed for those who are looking to get high, either. One of the reasons that suppositories are so attractive to medical marijuana patients is the fact that they do not bring about a psychoactive effect. They do, however, give the body an opportunity to absorb a much larger volume of cannabinoids than it would usually have when smoking or ingesting orally."

Don't give up on Cannabis:yinyang:

depends if its decarbed or not, i use cannabis balm, its decarbed, if i use enough of it im wrecked.

2 people like this