Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
On 10/23/2020 at 9:58 PM, The Pharm said:

We rely on any and all information that can be verified, regardless of origin. 

@Saddam

Charming, I am here for the same reason as you, to be apart of a community. I enjoy growing cannabis, I do not smoke or consume it in anyway nor do I drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes much to beggars belief. Science has clarified that if anything is consumed in excess It becomes harmful whether its toxic or not, its quote obvious cannabis hasn't don't your short-term memory any good. I can assure anyone who is reading this thread that I am definitely not a troll, I am a genuine qualified doctor. Your attitude is disgusting and you are acting incredibly juvenile, get a grip.

What are you growing it for then?

19 hours ago, The Pharm said:

I am sorry to hear your wife is in remission

It's quite obvious you're not a genuine qualified Doctor if you think being in remission is a bad thing. lol  lol  7 years training? 

Troll on fuckwit. :soap:  

8 people like this

11 minutes ago, thatman said:

I think they picked their 639 individuals and organizations very carefully.:skin_up:

Yea some of the ‘public’ wanting to make cannabis class a :unsure: It would be interesting to see the same study done now. I think with so many countries now legalising, attitudes towards cannabis are much more tolerant. We’ll be left behind of course, just keeping a stiff upper lip and giving a V to bloody foreigners and NHS doctors still demanding more trials :yawn: leaving young kids to their fits, unless they can get £3000 a month for epidoilex, which anyone here can make with a bit of reading through this forum for pennies. I’m ranting now.....sorry. I’ll medicate :skin_up:

4 people like this

I hope people realise that being in remission does not mean you are rid of cancer. 

Cancer remission is when the signs and symptoms of cancer have lessened or are undetectable.

In blood-related cancers like leukemia, this means you’ll have a decrease in the number of cancer cells. For solid tumors, that means that the tumor size has decreased. The decrease must last for at least one month to be considered remission.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

I hope people realise that being in remission does not mean you are rid of cancer. 

Yeah, next time I hear someone say they're in remission, I'll be sure to offer my condolences,  you simple cunt. :rolleyes:  

6 people like this

26 minutes ago, Saddam said:

Yeah, next time I hear someone say they're in remission, I'll be sure to offer my condolences,  you simple cunt. :rolleyes:  

Being in remission is the lesser of two evils but still bad if you've just been told about a sufferer and warrants sympathy. 

Edited by catweazle1
2 people like this

@Saddam proving yet again what a nasty little person he is. Quelle Surprise!

1 person likes this

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: 

19 hours ago, Dodgee said:

I got as far as page 8, if the other 18 are more of the same you can fucking keep it lol

I can waste my time on loads of stuff. 

This ain't one of them.

I'll pop back tomorrow (SUNDAY) when it gets really interesting :wassnnme:

lol In retrospect, I now find myself wishing I had done the same bud.  :yep: 

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, botanics said:

In retrospect, I now find myself wishing I had done the same bud. 

Yeah, me too. lol 

2 people like this

23 hours ago, Boojum said:

But we don't know exactly how they work - which was your claim regarding cannabis that I specifically responded to. We don't know EXACTLY how cannabis works, mostly because we don't know EXACTLY how the brain works. We're not even close. This is the problem with pharmacology (particularly neuropharmacology), we know just enough to create new drugs that may have predictable effects (though they often don't), because we understand basic biochemistry and some interactions in vivo, but we don't know how the underlying system - the brain and nervous system - actually works, but because we can design chemicals with a predictable effect we fool ourselves into thinking we understand the brain. We don't, not on a chemical level, nor on an anatomical and physiological level. Stop pretending that we do, because we really, really don't. If we did then there wouldn't be millions of people taking appalling SSRIs and SNRIs for depression that make things worse (including suicidal ideation, great side-effect for an antidepressant :headpain: ), but have such nightmarish withdrawal symptoms that they end up HAVING to take them (there's a word for that when talking about illegal drugs, what was it again ? Oh, yeah, I remember, addiction...).

The understanding and technology that enables us to understand how the brain works at a molecular level is groundbreaking. TCA, NASSA, SNRi etc.. class of drugs all have a different molecular ability, you mentioned that these drugs could induce these thoughts and that is true, but in the majority of cases this will not be the case, and therefore the benefit is greater than the risk. Its important ti remember a lot of people will be taking these drugs because they may already be considering suicide in the first place, and in some instances, triggering a synthetic chemical change the brain will induce these thoughts of self-harm and suicide. 

23 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

So your saying that cannabis gave me adhd and some of the traumatic things I went through as a child was caused by cannabis even though cannabis wasn’t in the equation at that time.

No, in all respect, it is because of my traumatic past etc that caused my mental health problems and it is cannabis that makes me feel normal on a daily basis.

I'm not diagnosing anything, I was merely stating that cannabis can trigger psychological illness, especially if there has been a traumatic event in the past.