Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Boojum said:

Thing that fucking annoys me is the talking down.

Very clever Booj :yep:

If you don’t link into your text who that was aimed at, it saves you having to say sorry tomorrow. lol I like your style. ;) 

If the cap fits n all that.

Nice one but where the fuck were you last night in this thread when I needed you most. lol :wassnnme::doh:

Edited by bartman
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Boojum said:

I know more than you could ever know about drugs.

Something I'm just coming to terms with is that a medical professional must consult a physicians drug reference guide in combination with a recommendation referenced from the diagnostic and statistical manual.  Cannabis hardly gets a mention except as a toxin or hazard:ghost:

5 people like this

On 23/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, The Pharm said:

Cannabis has no place in the human diet

total and utter rubbish lol cannabis is just a plant/vessel that carries/passes amongst other things, cannabinoids into your system, just like fish or seeds or fruits and veg ‘naturally’ (like on purpose) carrying cannabinoids with all their other health promoting goodies.!

Although, people like the feeling of dissociation which motivates them to take drugs

which is the reason why we all love cannabis! it’s telling us to use it because it smells so attractive, when you smell it it livens you’re senses, rotten meat, shit, not so attractive and made to repeal us so we don’t consume it! 

law of nature.. nice stuff we’re supposed to use looks and smells good, feels good..

Typically, though who consume anything excessively have underlying mental health problems which need investigating

mostly correct, (disregarding what your definition is of excessive) if it’s not cannabis though because cannabis has sooo many health benefits and every bodies medically different in there make up, we all have different needs from the cannabinoids that weed graciously gives us.. but there is always masking of problems in use of any and all drugs including chocolate..

Cannabis really doesn't do much for the chemistry of the human brain, it primarily interacts with GABAergic receptors which is great for epilepsy, seizures or psychosis

wait a minute? you just said it doesn’t do anything then said it’s great for epilepsy, seizures and psychosis.? 3 major mass problems for people and the system lol 

it’s a neuro protectorate for gods sake’s man! it promotes the growth and protection of brain cells lol It’s flipping marvelous for the brain!?

People who claim that cannabis relieves their anxiety are living a placebo. Cannabis provides them with comfort and satisfaction which is rewarding and calming

erm tou have smokes cannabis have you?

why do particular different strains of cannabis regularly give you the exact same repeated high/sensations and body responses ? 

everybody who has been smoking for a while will know that a sativa looking plant will give them a different high to a short fat indica 

a few months ago I had some oldtimes getting me cleaning windows at 2am and is’t good for any social anxiety I may experience.. (for me-different for others)

but then a smoke some kona or maui or anything bluey and i’m mellow as feck no anxiety what so ever, can talk your ears off to anybody.. totally different high

but also, so what if being calmed and comforted by cannabis chills you out.?

people make billions designing pills for the same result, copying nature..

come on man :stoned:  

13 people like this

1 hour ago, schmoak said:

The funny thing is that getting high could be just like a little bonus

But... for me the funny thing is...

before my accident that led to my present problem, I was already a long term toker, and I used to get pleasantly smashed on a toke shared with friends.

Honestly I remember them days as ' hey man fucking wow dude...'

but nowadays, just don't get that, ...

fuck I miss it... but I don't.... I'm not a murrican lol 

5 people like this

5 hours ago, Rex Mundi said:

But... for me the funny thing is...

before my accident that led to my present problem, I was already a long term toker, and I used to get pleasantly smashed on a toke shared with friends.

Honestly I remember them days as ' hey man fucking wow dude...'

but nowadays, just don't get that, ...

fuck I miss it... but I don't.... I'm not a murrican lol 

Hey what?  You're saying that getting "pleasantly smashed" stoned (can see why doctors may be concerned by terms) happens to be a thing from your distant past and you're not getting the   :smokin:"Hey Wow's":hippy:??  In comparison, in this period of life, I've rarely been without buds for more than 2 days an a few occasions, probably only 4 weeks off in as many years and yet I feel high and deeply stoned (depending) most days and was really "Hey Wowing" it last night with the dry new grow.

Am looking forward to comparing notes with you on the appropriate thread but certainly sharing with good friends is a fantastic environment and elevates the whole spirit on to High Ways :D.

P.S.   Murcan's are Jammy B's:yep:

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, schmoak said:

Sorry to bring this up again but as previously mentioned i could discuss this post for hours, really! :skin_up: This time it's to do with the 1st sentence . .

"Cannabis has no place in the human diet, just like alcohol and cigarettes." . . when reading that yesterday i became subconsciously alerted and even quietly alarmed by your suggestion, hence why I previously raised objection, but I was'nt quiet sure why.

It is because the contrary of what you say above happens to be true by provable experience witnessed over a long period of time, thousands of years worth of catalogued evidence to read up on.

But what I wanted to mention in this post was to do with my own experience in successfully quitting both tobacco and habitual alcohol consumption  by having and using Cannabis in the diet. I have previously written opinions of my own observations in relation to substance use & abuse and came to a conclusion that for me and others that Cannabis is a unique substance in that it can be used as tool in stopping the use of other substances some of which being of considerably greater harm, almost like a Health Substance :yes:.

I say that in the context of a world where adults consume substances all day every day and where health is an issue, both physical and mental.

Long story short? It is by the use of Cannabis in my diet that I successfully enjoy not using tobacco, alcohol, any other drugs/substances but for occasional ibruprofen, no visits to the doctor for pills or tablets, Such are the qualities of cannabis that i do not need sleeping tablets or anti depressants or any of the other tablets that so many people use.

Also, I understand you probably refer to diet in context of vitamins/minerals however there is another area of diet of concern to medical professionals and @Nervous is welcome here too. . . It's to do with eating disorders, it appears that Cannabis is being used as medicine in cases of anorexia and bulimia with some success, very important to get the diet right for such patients, cannabis is being used.

Wishing you very well.

I too gave up nicotine with the help of cannabis, I've abstained for 4 and a half years so far, the weight I put on is just starting to come off, again with the help of cannabis  (walking is more pleasurable when the colours and birdsong are more vivid :D )

Lately I've stopped drinking too, had alcohol on 3 occasions in the last 6 months and I really don't fancy it anymore, weed is more enjoyable and 114 times safer ;)

7 people like this

9 hours ago, schmoak said:

Something I'm just coming to terms with is that a medical professional must consult a physicians drug reference guide in combination with a recommendation referenced from the diagnostic and statistical manual.  Cannabis hardly gets a mention except as a toxin or hazard:ghost:

I was helping a guy, friend of a friend  (rip) with a brain tumor a few years ago, he told his brain surgeon what he was useing when his tumor slowed and stopped growing for a while, the dr dude had no problems what so ever and even told him to keep it up. 

Hey what?  You're saying that getting "pleasantly smashed" stoned (can see why doctors may be concerned by terms) happens to be a thing from your distant past and you're not getting the   :smokin:"Hey Wow's

when cannabinoids are plentiful your body naturally down regulates receptor sites :stoned:

it can do this to any cannabinoid which is why people build up what is called tolerances.. 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, bartman said:

mr eloquent himself,  saddam. lol Why not lol

It's Professor Eloquent. :yep:  

3 people like this

18 hours ago, schmoak said:

I'm curious to read up on this period? The well planned imposition of prohibition?

The Indian Hemp drug commission @Flamedodger makes for interesting reading and not about prohibition but a major general study which highlighted and quantified all aspects of Cannabis at the time, very interesting reading.

Also the link you provided is (a great refresher course) essential reading for anyone interested in  Political Cannabis . . .

https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/sites/crimeandjustice.org.uk/files/Estimating drug harms.pdf

That's the Sunday read looked after :yep:

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Nervous said:

@bartman you've gone from attacking Pharma, to attacking doctors to attacking science. What's next

only attacking bad dr’s info and bad science.. :stoned:  

its obvious this dr dude knows ‘a little’ to ‘feck all’ about how cannabis interacts with your body and is just regurgitating prohibition type ‘medical evidence’? from the Dailymail !! lol 

I personally couldn’t give a shite wether they are a dr or not, we’ve (me and mrs twigs) have had to ignore and override critically bad medical advice from dr’s in the past that would have lead to the death of both my children if we weren’t clued up about medicine and medical conditions..

one gp was almost in tears as she was apologising about a miss diagnosis of sepsis that we ignored/over rid which would have killed my son that night if we had not..

so don’t go on about challenging dr’s and science dude until you have some real life experience under your belt.. :stoned: 

5 people like this

18 hours ago, The Pharm said:

I am sorry to hear your wife is in remission, but don't take it out on us.

I mentioned I was a GP for my foundation years, I then progressed to an A&E registrar.

are you sure?, IBS or UC being in remission is a good thing.

8 people like this

The Indian Hemp drug commission @Flamedodger makes for interesting reading and not about prohibition but a major general study which highlighted and quantified all aspects of Cannabis at the time, very interesting reading.

Also the link you provided is (a great refresher course) essential reading for anyone interested in  Political Cannabis . . .

https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/sites/crimeandjustice.org.uk/files/Estimating drug harms.pdf

That's the Sunday read looked after :yep:

I read it yesterday after a couple glasses of ganja infused gin. I’ll read it again later :rofl:

This guy is good on the background leading up the IHC

3 people like this