Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I mention the word context and he insults my intelligence (wrongly). Do you think I want to know Twigs, at all? :rofl: He can't even count ffs... 

again with the insults lol 

it’s like slowly caging a rat or dog in a corner to stop it hurting itself lol  

Edited by twigs
4 people like this

1 minute ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

It's madness, all madness. You're all mad!

if this is madness i don't want to be sane!

4 people like this

@Nervous

You are beginning to sound like a pompous groove licker.

You’re killing it dude.

Well done. lol 

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Nervous said:

I dunno, in my experience most of the people who claim to know about cannabis, know a lot about cannabis and very, very little about the wider context which is sometimes more important the the information itself. 

I assume you are talking about us here on this forum....

or perhaps you have another group in mind, ? please tell... :)

And tell us more about this wider context.... edit: ...please. :)

Edited by Rex Mundi
6 people like this

7 minutes ago, twigs said:

it’s like slowly caging a rat or dog

hey! can't you use another analogy? lol

9 people like this

4 hours ago, Nervous said:

I also agree that cannabis has been poorly researched

lol 

Cannabis: One of the most thoroughly studied plants ever

David Bearman, M.D., Executive VP of the American Academy of Cannabinoid Medicine details the research priorities for cannabis, one of the most thoroughly studied plants of all time..

Cannabis is one of the most thoroughly studied plants of all time. Its documented medical use goes back to the first known material medical, the Ping Ts’ao Ching, dated by Chinese oral tradition to be written in 2637 BC. At the turn of the 19th to the 20th century, cannabis was the third most common ingredient in physician prescriptions and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, after opium and alcohol. Cannabis was in the USP (United States Pharmacopeia) from the 1850s to 1942

:stoned:  

8 people like this

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

lol are you a doctor too now? lol

and how are you classing abuse? is there an acceptable sliding scale i haven't heard of yet?

What's with the lol ? 

verb
/əˈbjuːz/
use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.
"the judge abused his power by imposing the fines"

noun
/əˈbjuːs/
the improper use of something.
"alcohol abuse"

That's the meaning, no doctorate required to know that. Suffice to say it's a negative thing.

I'm not going to waste my time stating what I think constitutes abuse. If you don't think you're abusing it and as long as it makes you happy that's cool with me.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

hey! can't you use another analogy? lol

lollol

1 person likes this

I got as far as page 8, if the other 18 are more of the same you can fucking keep it lol

I can waste my time on loads of stuff. 

This ain't one of them.

I'll pop back tomorrow (SUNDAY) when it gets really interesting :wassnnme:

13 people like this

@Dodgee If in any doubt as to who to apportion any ‘blame’ to,  just blame mr eloquent himself,  saddam. lol Why not lol 

No offence @Saddam:wassnnme:

Edited by bartman
2 people like this

10 hours ago, Nervous said:

Can't have been grown as a crop earlier than when I've said because that would predate the agricultural revolution

theirs every possibility it was and your wrong considering cannabis is around 30,000,000 years old dude :stoned:

I got the number 8 bus to the first pre-columbian civilization site in central america once.. probably when you was learning stuff at school 

bit of canna history..

While the researchers didn't find any Cannabis pollen dating to 28 million years ago, they did find 28-million-year-old pollen from Artemisia, another genus of steppe plant that grew abundantly alongside Cannabis millions of years later. This earliest evidence of Artemisia showed up on the Tibetan Plateau near Qinghai Lake, a location about 10,700 feet (3,260 meters) above sea level.

Using a statistical model, the study authors estimated that since the assembly of plants in that location — including Artemisia — were found with Cannabis in other locations millions of years later, it was likely that Cannabis was also present in this high-altitude ecosystem, even if there was no direct evidence of Cannabis pollen, they wrote in the study

They discovered that the earliest Cannabis fossil pollen placed the genus in northwestern China, and dated to about 19.6 million years ago.

But Cannabis diverged from Humulusaround 28 million years ago, suggesting that it might have originated somewhere else.

4 people like this

On 10/23/2020 at 2:44 PM, The Pharm said:

Cannabis has no place in the human diet, just like alcohol and cigarettes. Although, people like the feeling of dissociation which motivates them to take drugs, drink alcohol, smoke or eat in excess. Typically, though who consume anything excessively have underlying mental health problems which need investigating. 

Cannabis really doesn't do much for the chemistry of the human brain, it primarily interacts with GABAergic receptors which is great for epilepsy, seizures or psychosis but not depression or anxiety. GABA class antidepressants do exist but they are target very specific receptors within the brain and GI system, they aren't as widely prescribed as SSRI class antidepressant drugs.

People who claim that cannabis relieves their anxiety are living a placebo. Cannabis provides them with comfort and satisfaction which is rewarding and calming, it becomes habit forming which incurs all sorts of compulsions.

Sorry to bring this up again but as previously mentioned i could discuss this post for hours, really! :skin_up: This time it's to do with the 1st sentence . .

"Cannabis has no place in the human diet, just like alcohol and cigarettes." . . when reading that yesterday i became subconsciously alerted and even quietly alarmed by your suggestion, hence why I previously raised objection, but I was'nt quiet sure why.

It is because the contrary of what you say above happens to be true by provable experience witnessed over a long period of time, thousands of years worth of catalogued evidence to read up on.

But what I wanted to mention in this post was to do with my own experience in successfully quitting both tobacco and habitual alcohol consumption  by having and using Cannabis in the diet. I have previously written opinions of my own observations in relation to substance use & abuse and came to a conclusion that for me and others that Cannabis is a unique substance in that it can be used as tool in stopping the use of other substances some of which being of considerably greater harm, almost like a Health Substance :yes:.

I say that in the context of a world where adults consume substances all day every day and where health is an issue, both physical and mental.

Long story short? It is by the use of Cannabis in my diet that I successfully enjoy not using tobacco, alcohol, any other drugs/substances but for occasional ibruprofen, no visits to the doctor for pills or tablets, Such are the qualities of cannabis that i do not need sleeping tablets or anti depressants or any of the other tablets that so many people use.

Also, I understand you probably refer to diet in context of vitamins/minerals however there is another area of diet of concern to medical professionals and @Nervous is welcome here too. . . It's to do with eating disorders, it appears that Cannabis is being used as medicine in cases of anorexia and bulimia with some success, very important to get the diet right for such patients, cannabis is being used.

Wishing you very well.

9 people like this

4 minutes ago, schmoak said:

my own observations in relation to substance use & abuse and came to a conclusion that for me and others that Cannabis is a unique substance in that it can be used as tool in stopping the use of other substances some of which being of considerably greater harm, almost like a Health Substance :yes:.

The way I think of it, and the way I read the above... and my own experience, I don't get "high"

cannabis cannot be abused :)

3 people like this

Thing that fucking annoys me is the talking down.

I know more than you could ever know about drugs.

:wanker:

Fuck off.

You really don't.

Dick.

10 people like this

25 minutes ago, Rex Mundi said:

cannabis cannot be abused

Well there's a pile of it here and it only gets used little by little , would love to try and over do it but when trying to binge, a bit too much and it becomes a snooze or a daydream.

Officially there are 11 of points of official concern which could determine a difference between use and abuse as it's officially known at the office of misuse.

46 minutes ago, Rex Mundi said:

I don't get "high"

That's the crux of it!  The "High" part seems to attract all sorts of negative attention and commentary.  The funny thing is that getting high could be just like a little bonus and no big deal really just so long as one has an effective substitute in place of a smoking cigarette or the social & grog effect from beer drinking, something that tranquilises as completely as a sleeping tablet, more uplifting than an anti-depressant, for us that thing is Cannabis.:yep:

7 people like this