Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, Boojum said:

No they don't. Nobody knows EXACTLY how the brain works, never mind how cannabis (or any other drug) works within it. To claim otherwise is not just untrue, it's fucking absurd.

I don't what to say to that other than we have a brilliant understanding, especially when it comes to drugs, we know how the brain synthesises them.

2 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

This is all very polarised. Let's face it, there is a good side and a bad side. Use of cannabis is OK, abuse of it is not. 

whats abuse ?> what is too much ? 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, catfish said:

whats abuse ?> what is too much ? 

Interestingly, there's no scale for that like there is with alcohol. I suppose it took them hundreds of years to come up with the units system though lol 

I'm going to get given shit for having an opinion on how much that is, or even how to measure it. So I'll leave that out. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

abuse of it is not. 

lol are you a doctor too now? lol

and how are you classing abuse? is there an acceptable sliding scale i haven't heard of yet?

Edited by ratdog
4 people like this

1 hour ago, The Pharm said:

I don't what to say to that other than we have a brilliant understanding, especially when it comes to drugs, we know how the brain synthesises them.

But we don't know exactly how they work - which was your claim regarding cannabis that I specifically responded to. We don't know EXACTLY how cannabis works, mostly because we don't know EXACTLY how the brain works. We're not even close. This is the problem with pharmacology (particularly neuropharmacology), we know just enough to create new drugs that may have predictable effects (though they often don't), because we understand basic biochemistry and some interactions in vivo, but we don't know how the underlying system - the brain and nervous system - actually works, but because we can design chemicals with a predictable effect we fool ourselves into thinking we understand the brain. We don't, not on a chemical level, nor on an anatomical and physiological level. Stop pretending that we do, because we really, really don't. If we did then there wouldn't be millions of people taking appalling SSRIs and SNRIs for depression that make things worse (including suicidal ideation, great side-effect for an antidepressant :headpain: ), but have such nightmarish withdrawal symptoms that they end up HAVING to take them (there's a word for that when talking about illegal drugs, what was it again ? Oh, yeah, I remember, addiction...).

Edited by Boojum
13 people like this

I am pleased to hear you live a stable lifestyle, however I have seen and have bee told first hand that cannabis can induce those illnesses, it is also proven.

So your saying that cannabis gave me adhd and some of the traumatic things I went through as a child was caused by cannabis even though cannabis wasn’t in the equation at that time.

No, in all respect, it is because of my traumatic past etc that caused my mental health problems and it is cannabis that makes me feel normal on a daily basis.

9 people like this

. THCA when activated is an intoxicant.

THCA when activated isnt THCA

11 people like this

8 hours ago, Nervous said:

@twigs I've written a few papers on the transition from scavengers to hunter gatherers to settlers of early hominids. The earliest evidence that cannabis was purposefully grown as a crop (and it only hints at it being grown as a crop at this point - nothing solid) comes about 2000 years after the agricultural (neolithic) revolution. The first solid evidence of it being grown as a crop comes well after that. The first crops that we know were grown were types of wheat, flax, vetch etc. While it's use goes back further than the first time it was grown as a crop, it would be innaccurate to say that it was one of the first crops. Particularly when humans would have foraged it earlier than that, from various unintentionally grown sites. Helps to learn about things other than cannabis as it gives you context

why do you try and insult people that you disagree with dude ‘context’ in a discussion kicked off by a Dailmail headline lollol and a brown noser lol 

..like I said, cannabis is ‘one of’ the first cultivated crops.. im glad you disagree with, well, everybody..

MIT-edu

Hemp has been one of the most significant crops for mankind up until this last century. 

Hemp was probably the earliest plant cultivated for textile fiber. Archaeologists found a remnant of hemp cloth in ancient Mesopotamia (currently Iran and Iraq) which dates back to 8,000 BC. Hemp is also believed to be the oldest example of human industry

drug library 

The earliest record of man's use of cannabis comes from the island of Taiwan located off the coast of mainland China. In this densely populated part of the world, archaeologists have unearthed an ancient village site dating back over 10,000 years to the Stone Age.

In the ‘context’ lol of this discussion its fair to say cannabis use as a crop dating back to the stone age is ‘one of’ the first cultivated crops in ‘some of’ the first incarnations of civilization.s

im sure even the Dailmail printed it sometime ago.. lol 

I think it’s easier for your brain to put me on ignore again mate :stoned:  

10 people like this

@twigs seeing as you find offense in everything anyone says when they disagree with you I'll keep this short and sweet. 

42 minutes ago, twigs said:

Hemp was probably the earliest plant cultivated for textile fiber

Earliest plant cultivated for textile fibreNot one of the earliest crops we cultivated period, is it? That's pretty clear. lol  If it dated back to 8000 BC you're basically saying you're agreeing with me mate. That's approximately 2000 years after the start of the Neolithic revolution (or even later depending on who you ask) just like I said. And again, the earliest crops were cultivated at the start of the Neolithic revolution (that's why they call it the agricultural revolution if you were wondering). 2000+ years and many other crops were grown before it - your original statement isn't even close. At no point have I asked you what the earliest use was either, because you didn't say that originally, you said crop lol stop back peddling like a politician 

Easier for my brain? You just completely misinterpreted your own information (which was pretty clear and concise I might add), which you then went on to say disagreed with me when it actually confirms what I've been telling you the entire time :rofl: 

You're always worth a laugh Twiglet. 

E2A: I've just realised this is all because you probably don't know that you count BC dates backwards :rofl:  "my brain" 

Edited by Nervous

4 minutes ago, Nervous said:

seeing as you find offense in everything anyone says

PMSL lol 

7 people like this

26 minutes ago, Nervous said:

seeing as you find offense in everything anyone says

lol you don't know twigs very well lol

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

lol you don't know twigs very well lol

I mention the word context and he insults my intelligence (wrongly). Do you think I want to know Twigs, at all? :rofl: He can't even count ffs... 

Edited by Nervous

Just now, Nervous said:

I mention the word context and he insults my intelligence (wrongly). Do you think I want to know Twigs, at all? :rofl: 

he's one of the most laid back forgiving people here mate, if you don't get him you may be lost lol

4 people like this

oh dear @Nervous you seem to be displaying symptoms of cannabis abuse as defined in the Dailymail lol 

was it 2000 years after the neolithic times you said?

41 minutes ago, twigs said:

The earliest evidence that cannabis was purposefully grown as a crop (and it only hints at it being grown as a crop at this point - nothing solid) comes about 2000 years after the agricultural (neolithic) revolution

wiki

Hemp is possibly one of the earliest plants to be cultivated.[118][119] An archeological site in the Oki Islands near Japan contained cannabis achenes from about 8000 BC, probably signifying use of the plant.[120] Hemp use archaeologically dates back to the Neolithic Age in China

as I said.. ‘one of the first plants cultivated’ lol 

4 people like this

Oh please make this thread go away *rocks back and forth*.

It's madness, all madness. You're all mad! Crazy I tell the!

lol

:mashed:

5 people like this