Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
10 minutes ago, bartman said:

e2a Jeffs expertise is founded on the work done by a few prominent scientists from Spain.

Peers reviewed. You can’t have ot both ways boss.

So when you're complaining about how various entities conspire to vilify cannabis, be that Pharma, doctors or science generally which by and large involves people paying for research to show cannabis in a negative light...

...you seem to think that studies designed and paid for by pro cannabis supporters can hold more weight? 

You can't have it both ways, boss ;) 

Thankfully this illustrates my point about bias, not being able to spot the bullshit because you haven't been trained to.. among other things. Along with that and the insults I'm more than happy to stop replying to you here :) 

18 minutes ago, Nervous said:

You've been attacking people, things, concepts the whole time and it doesn't help to call people snowflake mate (or sling insults in general), when you start stooping to that level the conversation looses all value. I was enjoying responding to you (mostly) up to now. That's just killed it.  

in that case I apologise and didn’t realise I was so important and intrinsic to this debate tbh.

I’m touched. :) 

Edited by bartman
1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Thankfully this illustrates my point about bias, not being able to spot the bullshit because you haven't been trained to.. among other things. Along with that and the insults I'm more than happy to stop replying to you here :) 

Dude, the folks at Complutense are your peers not mine. :yep:
If you think they talk bullshit then challenge them. 

Edited by bartman
1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Along with that and the insults I'm more than happy to stop replying to you here :)

I’m good with that. Didn’t particularly enjoy your company tbh anyway. lol 

Kinda proves my snowflake point.

If you want to remain ignorant to what it is actually like in real life to confront these people on the issue of cannabis in their comfort zone hospital office’s then go ahead. I care little.

Edited by bartman
1 person likes this

56 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Thats the thing though @Nervous pharm said "i have researched cannabis more than anyone on here" in one post then " THCA and CBD are psychoactive compounds you become dependent on" in an other.

You know nervous THCA and CBD are not psycoactive dont you ? Not like THC  THCV etc, but then question us for not believing or trusting everything he says ?

@Nervous sorry to quote my own post but i was hoping for a reply ?????

16 hours ago, Tegridy Farms said:

Sorry, But I call bull on this, said individual likely had stroke/heart attack as anyone not under the “influence” of cannabis would have done, they just happened to have consumed said “illegal drug”.

Hmm I’m sure it was said that it causes psychosis, something that you said cannabis helps...quote...“Cannabis really doesn't do much for the chemistry of the human brain, it primarily interacts with GABAergic receptors which is great for epilepsy, seizures or psychosis but not depression or anxiety.”

From my perspective, in the 20 odd years of consuming for medical and recreational use, cannabis has only ever had positive effects on me, as I a child I suffered with adhd and was prescribed Ritalin. It didn’t help and my mum stopped giving it to me. I met cannabis at quite a young age to be very honest, but found in my mid teens that it helped with mood swings, irritability, anger, insomnia and depression. Fast forward 20 years and I still consume daily. I hold down a full time job, support a family and pay my bills and taxes, like a good citizen. I’m friendly, approachable and can hold a sophisticated conversation like many of us on this site. 
cannabis does not slowly make me thicker or more forgetful. Maybe when very stoned but when you level out, you are back to being as sharp as a needle.
Rant over, back to reading page 5 of this thread.

I am pleased to hear you live a stable lifestyle, however I have seen and have bee told first hand that cannabis can induce those illnesses, it is also proven.

2 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

I am pleased to hear you live a stable lifestyle, however I have seen and have bee told first hand that cannabis can induce those illnesses, it is also proven.

No it isn't.

12 people like this

1 minute ago, The Pharm said:

Do you still think CBD and THCA are psycoactive compounds that bind to cannabinoid receptors and

cause dependency ?

2 people like this

8 hours ago, LA LUNA said:

If you had studied cannabis like you claim you would know that THCA and CBD are not psycoactive compounds.

CBD is psychoactive, but nonpsychotropic. THCA is psychoactive once activated, inert THCA is nonpsychotropic.

5 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

CBD is psychoactive, but nonpsychotropic. THCA is psychoactive once activated, inert THCA is nonpsychotropic.

THCA isnt THCA once activated, its THC, do you mean decarboxylayted by activated ?

Edited by LA LUNA
4 people like this

10 hours ago, twigs said:

he’s done some reading but left out most of the positive stuff like how cannabis actually protects the heart, or how it protects against and can fix autistic illnesses, alzheimers and other neurological problem, it (cannabis) creates new neurological pathways were they’ve been lost/damaged for info to pass/flow etc it’s an amazing plant!

a dysfunctional endocannabinoid system can lead to all sorts of critical problems ingesting cannabis fixes that system.

my 10 year old nephew was prescribed full spectrum cannabis oil which was administered by teachers/school nurse for ASD - ODD and it helped him hugely..

I think this (dr?) dude has read some stuff and gone to some lectures but seems to have got the wrong end of the stick, cannabis doesn’t cause autism/neurological problems it fixes and protects against them.

he seems confused, maybe he’s come here for help? to understand properly how cannabis works with your body, but being a dr, he just doesn’t know how to ask for help? 

ive spoken to my dr mates about this once, how everybody thinks they are amazing, they get told all the time at college they are amazing, the best, top of society and all that shite, so when they talk, they assume a god like position/stance and find it very difficult to actually see themselves as equals, same as when airline pilots talk to passengers on a plane or people at work or out for a drink, they think/been told they are amazing so much they start acting like it and find it very difficult to take advice or criticism..  it happened when I chatted up mrs twigs, when a pilot dude was half way through chatting her up at the time lol (but that’s another story) 

sorry stoned waffle :stoned:

I'd be inclined to disagree with the fact that your nephew was prescribed cannabis given his age however I wasn't in charge of his care so I could say for certain.

I'm certainly not confused in any way, cannabis is a surprising plant which is capable of treating some conditions, although clinical evidence on this subject is extremely low, doctors are limited on who they can prescribe this treatment too and if they were to treat it irresponsibility questions will be asked. 

22 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

sorry to quote my own post but i was hoping for a reply ?????

Hey! Sorry I didn't mean to ignore you, I was tangled up in another conversation. 

It's complicated. 

THCA isn't technically psychoactive. Can't pass the BBB, some people even refer to it as inert. However, it is very volatile and turns into THC pretty quickly with heat/time. So essentially it can become the more active THC even within the body, even in small amounts. Even if it wasn't volatile - unlike CBD, you won't often find yourself taking THCA in a pure form. 

CBD is psychoactive. It's a marketing thing that they say it isn't because that would scare the fuck out of folk. It passes the BBB and affects your mind (often reported as slightly elevated mood) making it psychoactive by definition. It would even be considered psychoactive for simply interacting with your brain chemistry (behaviour change is not always evident). It is not not psychoactive simply because it counteracts some of the effects of THC.   

Edited by Nervous
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

I've used this post as a catalyst for my own understanding of the system, but it appears different in the community. This is a written representation of our conversation (I turn to experts on this shit).... I swear we're fun at parties. Or used to be!

And I love stoners.

If you ever want to share your differing practises in this area, we'd love to read it :)

PS,

Pharmacist?

In the UK we use the term force. If we must administer emergency care regardless of disability or not, if they do not have the capacity (due to head injury, unconsciousness, disability) and its within their best interest, I will administer that care as appropriate and have done on many occasion. Regardless of their 'liberty' a life hangs in the balance.

Someone with disability needs some time and attention, they need to be given a way of understanding what it is that they require, if they aren't in critical danger I will provide them with that time and reasoning so they or their parents/carers can consent.

5 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

if they were to treat it irresponsibility questions will be asked. 

Afternoon Doc. :yep:

Nail head hit.

When I said you were scared of cannabis i was perhaps slightly wrong.

What medics are scared of is sticking their head above the parapet, prescribing cannabis and something consequently going wrong.

They do not have any faith or trust in it due to lack of knowledge and expertise.

Edited by bartman
2 people like this

6 hours ago, catfish said:

it should be the other waY around 

Typically its not the NHS who pays for the drugs, the doctor provides a prescription so that someone can purchase it privately.