Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
Just now, Phoenix said:

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear @joba I agree with you.

It's the grey area when someone is 99% drunk and walks onto a road.  Killed by a car?

Cause of death. Car.

Not really.  Alcohol is the cause.

Cannabis will always, so long as it's illegal, be the straw that broke the camals back.

But truly , it's the bales of money is the issue.

today it would be most likely cause of death COVID19 anyway regardless what's in your system car or by foot:chains:

Just now, Sp1n said:

You've hit the nail on the head there I reckon. It's profit that drives pharma not some jackanory about a sick sibling.

Last time I talked about a sibling it was a pidgeon.  

I hear you brothers and sisters.

2 minutes ago, Sp1n said:

You've hit the nail on the head there I reckon. It's profit that drives pharma not some jackanory about a sick sibling.

what if his sick sibling won't qualify for it ?

what if he just want to see what are others people perspectives?

my brother is a doctor and for him to even score some bud few times a year I have to get involved as he just can't afford anyone to even know this...maybe Pharma jhas a mate or a place and wants his own grow on

who cares?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, The Pharm said:

If cannabis is your wonder drug then by all means you do what is necessary for you.

I will repeat...

THEY prescribed baclofen, initially oral milligram doses, but my doses were so high they caused me mental problems, so then a pump was fitted in my abdomen to feed microgram doses, so no more mental problems.

After 5 years the battery expired, requiring surgery to replace the pump.

Then I noticed the negative physical effects of their drug, and the positive physical effects of cannabis, that is, they ameliorated my spasms, not cancelled them, just more controlled, but I still had an erection possible, which led to me living in Arnhem and sex with a nurse.

Yes, cannabis IS my wonder drug.

Best of to you, sorry, I will never trust UK doctors..... ;)

not sure if we talking about pharma as industry or The Pharma-our member....:bong:

4 hours ago, The Pharm said:

Cannabis has been linked to deaths, such as cannabis induced heart attacks and strokes

Sorry, But I call bull on this, said individual likely had stroke/heart attack as anyone not under the “influence” of cannabis would have done, they just happened to have consumed said “illegal drug”.

4 hours ago, The Pharm said:

Drugs that are classified as illegal are done so for a reason, cannabis is classified as a Class B drug as it is directly linked to an array of psychological illnesses

Hmm I’m sure it was said that it causes psychosis, something that you said cannabis helps...quote...“Cannabis really doesn't do much for the chemistry of the human brain, it primarily interacts with GABAergic receptors which is great for epilepsy, seizures or psychosis but not depression or anxiety.”

From my perspective, in the 20 odd years of consuming for medical and recreational use, cannabis has only ever had positive effects on me, as I a child I suffered with adhd and was prescribed Ritalin. It didn’t help and my mum stopped giving it to me. I met cannabis at quite a young age to be very honest, but found in my mid teens that it helped with mood swings, irritability, anger, insomnia and depression. Fast forward 20 years and I still consume daily. I hold down a full time job, support a family and pay my bills and taxes, like a good citizen. I’m friendly, approachable and can hold a sophisticated conversation like many of us on this site. 
cannabis does not slowly make me thicker or more forgetful. Maybe when very stoned but when you level out, you are back to being as sharp as a needle.
Rant over, back to reading page 5 of this thread.

6 people like this

14 minutes ago, joba said:

what if his sick sibling won't qualify for it ?

what if he just want to see what are others people perspectives?

my brother is a doctor and for him to even score some bud few times a year I have to get involved as he just can't afford anyone to even know this...maybe Pharma jhas a mate or a place and wants his own grow on

who cares?

Absolutely. I agree.  

I've had many a chuff with a doctor.

But why say?

Nay.

Shout from the rafters.

I'm a doctor.

It's all a bit carry on for me matron I'm out.

I'm referring to @The Pharm

not you joba

4 people like this

he’s done some reading but left out most of the positive stuff like how cannabis actually protects the heart, or how it protects against and can fix autistic illnesses, alzheimers and other neurological problem, it (cannabis) creates new neurological pathways were they’ve been lost/damaged for info to pass/flow etc it’s an amazing plant!

a dysfunctional endocannabinoid system can lead to all sorts of critical problems ingesting cannabis fixes that system.

my 10 year old nephew was prescribed full spectrum cannabis oil which was administered by teachers/school nurse for ASD - ODD and it helped him hugely..

I think this (dr?) dude has read some stuff and gone to some lectures but seems to have got the wrong end of the stick, cannabis doesn’t cause autism/neurological problems it fixes and protects against them.

he seems confused, maybe he’s come here for help? to understand properly how cannabis works with your body, but being a dr, he just doesn’t know how to ask for help? 

ive spoken to my dr mates about this once, how everybody thinks they are amazing, they get told all the time at college they are amazing, the best, top of society and all that shite, so when they talk, they assume a god like position/stance and find it very difficult to actually see themselves as equals, same as when airline pilots talk to passengers on a plane or people at work or out for a drink, they think/been told they are amazing so much they start acting like it and find it very difficult to take advice or criticism..  it happened when I chatted up mrs twigs, when a pilot dude was half way through chatting her up at the time lol (but that’s another story) 

sorry stoned waffle :stoned:

7 people like this

1 hour ago, twigs said:

ive spoken to my dr mates about this once, how everybody thinks they are amazing, they get told all the time at college they are amazing, the best, top of society and all that shite, so when they talk, they assume a god like position/stance and find it very difficult to actually see themselves as equals, same as when airline pilots talk to passengers on a plane or people at work or out for a drink, they think/been told they are amazing so much they start acting like it and find it very difficult to take advice or criticism..  it happened when I chatted up mrs twigs, when a pilot dude was half way through chatting her up at the time lol (but that’s another story) 

Don't know if he's like that, but that's an interesting thought to me.... If you're in the position of saving lives, you'll be told you're amazing quite a lot I imagine. People get deferential when they're scared shitless. I.. wonder if they get training to counter that. I have no idea.

Over-all though, more dissenting voices - presumptions and stuff challenged...I'm kinda into. Don't necessarily like it, but it's healthy.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
4 people like this

11 hours ago, The Pharm said:

As THC, CBD, THCA, THCV are psychoactive compounds they bind to receptors in the brain which produce the desirable feelings of 'being high'. 

If you had studied cannabis like you claim you would know that THCA and CBD are not psycoactive compounds.

Edited by LA LUNA
6 people like this

12 hours ago, schmoak said:

. I accept that it's possible that Cannabis perhaps has no clinical essential nutrient properties in regard to physical sustenance

it’s has loads dude :stoned: (unless i misunderstand what your saying, in which case i’m sorry)

cannabis seeds are jam packed with the highest amounts of some of the everyday essentials we need for optimal health, their use has been very important throughout history for sustenance. one of the first crops etc..

cannabis seeds were once used as one of the first life saving items on a ship because of their nutritional properties and whole plant uses once grown if shipwrecked

:yinyang:

3 people like this

12 hours ago, The Pharm said:

Drugs that are classified as illegal are done so for a reason, cannabis is classified as a Class B drug as it is directly linked to an array of psychological illnesses. I apologise if I came across as confusing, I hope this little paragraph will put your mind to rest.

Welcome @The Pharm great to have a Dr in the houseUK420. I will not challenge your intellect or any science that you use to make your conclusions, but I will challenge your history of cannabis legality. Cannabis prohibition was racist to its very core and a legacy of a colonial history, if you go back to the very first attempt at prohibition; The Indian Hemp Drugs Commision Report 1894 it made this recommendation;

1. Total prohibition of the cultivation of the hemp plant for narcotics, and of the manufacture, sale, or use of the drugs derived from it, is neither necessary nor expedient in consideration of their ascertained effects, of the prevalence of the habit of using them, of the social and religious feeling on the subject, and of the possibility of its driving the consumers to have recourse to other stimulants or narcotics which may be more deleterious (Chapter XIV, paragraphs 553 to 585).

2. The policy advocated is one of control and restriction, aimed at suppressing the excessive use and restraining the moderate use within due limits (Chapter XIV, paragraph 586).

3. The means to be adopted for the attainment of these objects are: adequate taxation, which can be best effected by the combination of a direct duty with the auction of the privilege of vend (Chapter XIV, paragraph 587). prohibiting cultivation, except under license, and centralizing cultivation (Chapter XVI, paragraphs 636 and 677). limiting the number of shops for the retail sale of hemp drugs (Chapter XVI, paragraph 637). limiting the extent of legal possession (Chapter XVI, paragraphs 689 and 690). The limit of legal possession of ganja or charas or any preparation or mixture thereof would be 5 tola (about 60 grams), bhang or any mixture there of one quarter of a ser (a quarter of a litre).

These early control measures were implemented as as means of social control, not harm reduction for users.

Fast forward to 2009 and this and the government at the time (Labour) sacked their drug advisor who still is one of the leading neuropsychopharmacologists in the world. The quote above is misleading you say cannabis is directly linked an array of psychological illnesses (should be linked to research), Dr Nutt says that people with psychological illnesses are more likely to take cannabis. Our drugs classifications are nonsense and not based on scientific research, or even basic risk assessment, they are a means to enforce prohibition by determining penalties.

We have had medicinal cannabis legislation in this country for 2 years and the head of the NIHR now wants to run clinical trials. You couldn't make it up. I believe we have the best system of healthcare in the world, but on this subject they are failing their patients. 

Top thread by the way :yep:

9 people like this

i think my original thoughts were drug induced, was 40 years or so ago i was convinced cannabis would help my physical and mental needs, i stopped seeing a doctor and refused medicine when i was ill, illness was mostly migraine and vertigo i just learned to live with it, when i had good cannabis i was fine but was not always easy to obtain, since i started growing my own i improved the quality slow but sure, i know i'm good for my age i dont know how much cannabis helped but it sure never hindered.

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, twigs said:

cannabis seeds are jam packed with the highest amounts of some of the everyday essentials we need for optimal health, their use has been very important throughout history for sustenance

Interesting catch 22. Just because something contains nutrients doesn't mean you're going to absorb them. To actually get half those nutrients, you need to sprout the seeds. By sprouting (germinating) hemp seeds you are technically cultivating hemp without a licence (not that it would bother us lot)! Sprouting is a pretty common method of reducing phytic acid content.  

26 minutes ago, twigs said:

one of the first crops etc..

Where are you getting all this stuff about cannabis being the most studied plant on the planet and that it was one of the first crops? I can explain why both of those statements are categorically wrong if you'd like to discuss? 

Edited by Nervous
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, The Pharm said:

In some cases, depending upon the level of treatment they require, it depends on their capacity to tell me what they want, if they are critically unwell I must act in their best interests and if I have to use force to deliver emergency care I am required to do so. If its a case of having a steroid injection or something of the sort, typically a nurse of carer/parent can comfort the patient, in that situation I cannot use force. 

I've used this post as a catalyst for my own understanding of the system, but it appears different in the community. This is a written representation of our conversation (I turn to experts on this shit).... I swear we're fun at parties. Or used to be!

And I love stoners.

If you ever want to share your differing practises in this area, we'd love to read it :)

That's interesting, I get that in emergency health/life and death situations health staff can 'shortcut' the Mental Capacity Act (MCA).  It doesn't happen like that out in the community though!  For instance, in adult social care we have to always assume capacity (Principle 1 of the MCA) - unless a person meets both the Diagnostic and Functional questions (e.g. do they have an impairment of their mind or brain, and is it so bad, right now they can't make the decision themselves?).  Then there must also be doubts about someone's (a) ability to understand, (b) use and weigh and (c) remember the information relevant to the decision they need to make - in addition to (d) can they communicate their decision? 

If there are doubts about a, b, c or d, then MCA 2nd Principle says all practicable support must be offered to enable the person to maximise a, b, c, or d, to enable them to make their own decision.  So someone might need easy-read information, or picture reminders of why the treatment is necessary.   Just because we might not like or agree with their decision, MCA Principle 3 says we all have the right to make unwise, unsafe or even wrong decisions. 

Only after all supported decision-making fails, can we move into completing a paper capacity assessment - and we have to involve family and friends wishes and health professionals opinions too - and also the best interests decision (MCA Principle 4) includes taking into account what is least restrictive (MCA Principle 5). 

This all takes much longer than asking 'can you tell me what you want?'

We don't use the term 'force' (that'd be a Deprivation of Liberty - to be renamed Liberty Protection Safeguards next year, and then a further 6 assessments would be required!) - the example I'd give is if someone in the community stops taking their tablet medication, (it's common to find a stash of tablets wrapped in tissues 'hidden' down the side of their chair cushions!) maybe all's needed is for a care worker to prompt and remind, or proffer their tablets in a plastic cup - but if they continued to refuse we'd have to follow all five statutory principles of the MCA. 

We'd ask why they haven't taken them and if they know what they're for - and respond according to their answer.  If someone says they can't swallow the tablets anymore we'd arrange for liquid medication (costs more though) or if they can't explain then we might be able to get agreement from GP to hide the tablets in food.  It's much harder when someone says they don't like the side-effects and it's their choice... (Principle 3 again).

Even after a capacity assessment deems them to be lacking in capacity it must then deemed to be in their best interests to take their tablets, and we'd have to also consider what the least restrictive option would be.  I doubt it'd ever be deemed 'least restrictive' to rugby tackle the person down into a chair, hold them down and strap their arms/hands to the arm rests, force open their mouth and throw the tablets into the back of their mouth! If just placing a comforting hand on the person's arm helps reduce anxiety so they agree to take their tablets, then that'd be both best interests and least restrictive - but sadly, it very rarely works in the community. 

PS,

Pharmacist?

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
1 person likes this