Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Budworshipper

Help please guys!!

46 posts in this topic

My leaves are still developing this weird blotchiness on their leaves..  

This was last week, 

dbYqRlX.jpg

And there was a few a lot worse. 

I have been giving her 1ml of mag cal per 1L water for the past week or so now and cut off most of the nasty leaves that were covered in these spots. 

I was working most of yesterday and today so only just looked in on them now and some of the newer growth is looking nasty again 

E2lYrsQ.jpg

6yBC1Pv.jpg

I imagine it's only gonna get worse again but I've got no clue what to try to get rid of it.. any advice will go a long way! Thanks 

Is PH too low not allowing calcium to release ??

Edited by tino
1 person likes this

Need more info, what nutrients are you feeding? Whats your watering cycle like? What medium are they in.  What are the temps and air flow.  Need all the info that would normally be in a grow diary start ;)

2 people like this

Rub one of the spots with your thumb and finger and have a look does it come off on your thumb and finger like rust?

1ml of calmag per litre which is recommended but it does shoot your EC through the roof. Not sure if yours  is to do with being to strong. Once I mix my nutirents the E.C is aroumd 2.9 and im needing to dillute it by practically 100% more water to drop it to 1.5. 

At first I was thinking feck that ill just use 50% of all the nutrients but read its normal and as long as I have the right (NER) pfffft lol then it can be dilluted to whatever I want it to sit at.. 

Nothing worse seeing things like that and no having a clue but the site is good and someone will be able to give good advice 

Edited by Firstimegrower_420
1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

Need more info, what nutrients are you feeding? Whats your watering cycle like? What medium are they in.  What are the temps and air flow.  Need all the info that would normally be in a grow diary start ;)

Using plant magic branded soil & nutes.. Grow and Magcal nothing else yet.  They are currently in 30cm fabric pots with 300w lumatek led hanging over top. Lights off temp is usually between 21 and 23, lights on between 25-27 but usually is the lower end of the estimates.. tends to rise and fall as my house heating is turned on / off 

For air flow I use a 6" ac infinity fan, S6 (the one that doesn't have temperature control. I get the models mixed up) but I only ever have this up at 20% speed because of the noise 

I did have a spell where I did not have big enough pots or enough soil to pot up and cash flow was stopping me from buying more till payday. So they weren't in their final pots until the start of week 6, they stopped growing for about 2 weeks from week 4 when I believe they should have been potted up, so I think this is where the deficiencys began, but now they are in bigger pots and also extra nutes.. I thought this would solve the problem. It did for a few days or so I didnt notice much change, but now it seems to have gone out of control again. 

With all the rusting, and you having tried cal mag, my thoughts are the plant magic stuff is not enough, needing more nutrients, add canna trace mix, consider switching to Intense Nutrients altogether.  

I suffered with similar using biobizz, and plant magic already has a bad rap.

Using Intense Nutrients and Zero deficiencies showing mate ;)

Your problem is caused by phing in soil.

Are you playing with the PH?

That first pic the compost looks very dry, how are you watering?

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Bayleaf said:

Are you playing with the PH?

No mate, I might be misguided here but I was led to believe I didnt need to PH with a soil grow, everytime I see somebody growing in soil and testing PH, someone else would come by and tell them not to bother with PH in soil  

Should I be doing this? Should I order a testing kit do you think?

2 minutes ago, golf.007 said:

That first pic the compost looks very dry, how are you watering?

Yeah mate that was on the dry cycle. I usually water as and when the pots are light enough and dry enough, I was watering every 2 days when in 22cm pots, but now they are in 30L bags, but only for a week, so the roots haven't expanded into the rest of the pot yet. - my last watering was done about 48hour ago, but after checking them now, I dont think they need watering for another day or 2 as the soil still feels very damp (just the middle around the main branch has dried out where the root is saturated) 

1 person likes this

To me, it looks like a calcium and magnesium def, but I'm just really stumped what to try next as the calmag hasn't seemed to make much of a difference 

how much are you feeding?

38 minutes ago, Budworshipper said:

30L bags

That's a really big container for an auto.  My thoughts are that it's taking too long to dry out preventing the plant from up-taking nutrients optimally.