Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sateeva

Is this loft space ok to dry in?

23 posts in this topic

As the title really, would this loft space be good enough to dry in? 

I am desperate to crop my outdoor plant now as I've noticed a little more rot :(

My indoor plant is looking ok again so I want to leave that in there for another week & obviously the room was going to be my drying room too.

I know it looks a mess but it is literally the only space I have available unless I crop my other plant. Would I be ok in here for a week? 

large.20201017_143157_compress41.jpg

as long as you create good airflow and a little warmth it will be fine, too cold and it will rot further

4 minutes ago, ratdog said:

as long as you create good airflow and a little warmth it will be fine, too cold and it will rot further

I've not got power up there so don't think I can get a fan up there!

My other option is to hang them in the shed but I'll have no way of keeping them dark all the time.

Could I put them in a box in the g'room or would that not work so well?

2 minutes ago, Sateeva said:

My other option is to hang them in the shed but I'll have no way of keeping them dark all the time.

i would not put them in either the loft or a shed, it will be too cold, and they will rot ime

can you connect a box via ducting to the tent so it's drawing air through?

14 minutes ago, Sateeva said:

This is how I do it. Note bottom left corner I have my intake going into the tent. It draws the smell and allows my tent to maintain negative pressure.

large.IMG_1043.JPG

6 people like this

10 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

This is how I do it. Note bottom left corner I have my intake going into the tent. It draws the smell and allows my tent to maintain negative pressure.

large.IMG_1043.JPG

Now that's a smart idea 

I wouldn't attempt to dry a plant without using a fan & filter, if you've got neighbours through the wall, they'll eventually smell it.

2 people like this

I read somewhere that brown paper bags are very good so I've put half in there & half in my other little loft space, Got no choice really as I needed to chop today as the mold was worrying me too much. If I lose it then so be it, I can't do anything about it now unfortunately until my g'room is free which hopefully will be in two weeks time.

38 minutes ago, Sateeva said:

I read somewhere that brown paper bags are very good

only when the bud is almost dry, not wet, it will rot in no time left in any bag

4 people like this

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

only when the bud is almost dry, not wet, it will rot in no time left in any bag

Even if I open the bag daily or even leave the bag slightly open, it is dark up there anyway?

I'm pretty fooked as to where I can put them to be honest so it's deffo a case of taking my chances I know.

Can you not run a extension ( fan filter and a heater) into the loft not ideal but might get you out of the sh*t buddy 

Well here's my very first harvest & I was surprised at how long it took really. I enjoyed it though. 

I know its probably all for nothing as I've not got anywhere ideal to dry it apart from where I've shoved them until I'm ready to harvest the one in my g'room. Still you just never know :)

large.20201018_144514_compress48.jpglarge.20201018_171830_compress84.jpg

large.20201018_174825_compress28.jpg

large.20201018_164940_compress70.jpglarge.20201018_163206_compress91.jpg

I absolutely love this last photo its something I never thought I'd see in my hand just photos of similar but better ones from the pro's in here! 

Edited by Sateeva
delete incriminating photo
2 people like this

@Sateeva

Congratulations on yr first harvest mate.

I might be being overly cautious here but that first picture in the above post might represent a security risk to yourself.

A lot for a familiar local to recognise there..

I was gonna edit it out but it's your call really whether your comfortable leaving it there or not.

Atb

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

@Sateeva

Congratulations on yr first harvest mate.

I might be being overly cautious here but that first picture in the above post might represent a security risk to yourself.

A lot for a familiar local to recognise there..

I was gonna edit it out but it's your call really whether your comfortable leaving it there or not.

Atb

Cheers matey :cheers:

Yeah I see your point but if they are in here surely one of us or an actual friend of mine?

I don't know really & I suppose I'm a bit trusting?

If you thought that in the first place perhaps I should delete it just in case?

2 people like this

I'm probably being over zealous tbh @Sateeva

But I would sooner that than someone have an issue..

I've been known to be a bit lax myself when posting pics/info, it's easy done when among such a supportive and friendly community to forget what we're doing here is actually illegal and kinda frowned upon by the wider society. 

Better safe than sorry :yinyang:

3 people like this