Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

superfruit

Under house grow (micro-ish) - first grow

48 posts in this topic

They should all be under a humidity dome at this stage really, 45% is really quite low for seedlings.

The emerging seedling looks as though the seed casing hasn't shed yet, keep an eye because auto seed casings can be quite tough. Depending on how steady your hands are you can help her out by getting the casing off for her. I've done this in the past by using a pair of tweezers. To do this take the tweezers and squeeze them together then slowly gently and very carefully place the compressed tip of the tweezers into the split of the casing, make sure you're not going to damage anything then very slowly release the pressure on the tweezers and let the tips separate, you might need to support the opposite side with a finger to get enough pressure to keep the tweezers in the right spot to split the case. If done correctly this will split the seed case some more and it should fall off with a gentle blow or squirt from a squirt bottle.

Sounds like they have plenty of water if you watered a 6 inch radius.

I'd pop the domes back on make sure you're getting a real high humidity and kick back for a couple of days but really try to resist changing too much at this stage they need a nice stable environment. Don't fret the more chilled you are the better they'll do. Ask any grower the plants pick up on your stress I'm sure of it.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, NezA said:

They should all be under a humidity dome at this stage really, 45% is really quite low for seedlings.

The emerging seedling looks as though the seed casing hasn't shed yet, keep an eye because auto seed casings can be quite tough. Depending on how steady your hands are you can help her out by getting the casing off for her. I've done this in the past by using a pair of tweezers. To do this take the tweezers and squeeze them together then slowly gently and very carefully place the compressed tip of the tweezers into the split of the casing, make sure you're not going to damage anything then very slowly release the pressure on the tweezers and let the tips separate, you might need to support the opposite side with a finger to get enough pressure to keep the tweezers in the right spot to split the case. If done correctly this will split the seed case some more and it should fall off with a gentle blow or squirt from a squirt bottle.

Sounds like they have plenty of water if you watered a 6 inch radius.

I'd pop the domes back on make sure you're getting a real high humidity and kick back for a couple of days but really try to resist changing too much at this stage they need a nice stable environment. Don't fret the more chilled you are the better they'll do. Ask any grower the plants pick up on your stress I'm sure of it.

Maybe a 4" radius is more accurate.

Thanks mate really appreciate the help and advice. I had to remove the case on the tallest one so will repeat if needs be.

I'll pop the dome back on this one too? Seems its happy but I'm not one to turn down advice. Heres a pic of her!

Thanks again 

large.Screenshot_20201021-222725_Gallery_compress33.jpg

Edited by superfruit
Radius

No worries. I grew auto's for my first run they're so much more difficult than photos very much not beginner friendly although they sound like they are. But obviously understand they should suite your space a bit better being able to run lights 24/0

I normally don't bother with water for the first week or so. 2 squirts with a mist bottle once a day under the dome should do. 

Feel free to check out my 1st diary also @blackpoolbouncer has a fantastic diary on autos. 

1 person likes this