Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CodeGreen

compact revegging chamber design

i am about to start on my second grow after a failed first grow.

my first grow was autos, but this time i have opted for feminized photoperiod seeds so i can try to clone from cuttings to remove the need to buy seeds.

i do not have much space and only have 1 small grow room, so i was thinking about a small box design to reveg cuttings in to later be moved to the main room.

my questions are:

1. how long does it take to reveg a cutting to the point where it is ready to be potted up?

my idea is to take the cuttings 2 weeks into flowering (if i understand correctly that is the latest time to take them), then reveg and keep them separated in the small box until the mothers are harvested, then reset the room to veg lighting and continue with the cuttings, rinse, repeat. but i am concerned about the timing because this will leave me with about 8 weeks to drag out he revegging process.

2. is there a way to drag out the revegging process to take longer? or can i take cuttings later than i thought (2 weeks into flowering)?

3. how much headroom should i give the cuttings above soil level? i am trying to keep the box as small as possible.

4. is there a standard way of doing this in a small space that i am missing?

thank you very much for the help :hippy:

had another thought on this today.

i guess i could keep topping the clones once they are revegged. this should delay vertical development until the main room is harvested. it could also help me with scrog once they get into the main room.

any thoughts on this?

thanks <3

You could try keeping unrooted cuts in the fridge, circumvent the whole reveg chamber idea.  Alternatively you just use a daylight led house bulb or similar, temps lower and simply trim off any excess growth.  

9 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

You could try keeping unrooted cuts in the fridge, circumvent the whole reveg chamber idea.  Alternatively you just use a daylight led house bulb or similar, temps lower and simply trim off any excess growth.  

How long would an unrooted clone last in the fridge mate? My mate told me today he's frozen one of his cuts is this possible then too?

6 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

How long would an unrooted clone last in the fridge mate?

up to a year or so if stored correctly....

6 hours ago, UKsFinest said:

frozen one of his cuts is this possible then too?

nope, it'll turn to mush on defrosting...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, buddy13 said:

up to a year or so if stored correctly....

nope, it'll turn to mush on defrosting...

Exactly what I was thinking when he was telling me I was like in the freezer...?? lol I'll tell him he needs to whack one in the fridge

@CodeGreen I am in the same boat, with a veg area about half the size of my flower area.

Clones getting too big can be a problem. Indeed I am just facing the consequences of this right now, with brutal bending required to keep them down.

I usually take clones just as i put them into flower. Your idea of taking them 2 weeks into 12/12 would I think work better in my system in terms of feeding in vegged plants of the right size.

If you've got the space for a single or double kitchen carcase then your laughing.

BaseSHL.jpg  

BnQ have a sale on the cheap basic units, all you need is a top, a door, handle & hinges.

this is my veg cab.

large.5d003a89d621f_VegCab2019(1).jpg

gallery_36349_2174_30789.jpg

2 people like this

thank you everybody for your replies <3

i did not know you could hold cuttings in the fridge! that helps a LOT.
and that unit looks perfect. i have a nice little spot for something that size, thanks.

i will play around with timings, but it seems if i keep them in the fridge for a few weeks i should be able to match timings up perfectly and put them into reveg a few weeks before harvest.

thank you all so much for the help <3

1 person likes this