Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ricardo

Dad weed

46 posts in this topic

Anyone got any good recommendations for the milder, functional strains? I would like to lightly chill in the evening and go to sleep nice and easy. I tried smoking less of this high thc weed but that doesn't work for me.

Try the CBD rich strains maybe?  I'm no expert on these btw but apparently they're a more balanced kinda high.

Another option would be to chop a little earlier, so if say it's a 9 week strain take it at 8.. the only problem with this method is some strains can be a little racy when taken early (ime).

Hth

4 people like this

8 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Try the CBD rich strains maybe?  I'm no expert on these btw but apparently they're a more balanced kinda high.

Another option would be to chop a little earlier, so if say it's a 9 week strain take it at 8.. the only problem with this method is some strains can be a little racy when taken early (ime).

Hth

Thanks

I've tried the early chop, and like you said I did find it racy.

Tried a CBS rich strains, last one was white widow cbd, shit, it knocked me out for 3 hours, mate up the road said the same about it, comatosed is how he described it lol

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

Thanks

I've tried the early chop, and like you said I did find it racy.

Tried a CBS rich strains, last one was white widow cbd, shit, it knocked me out for 3 hours, mate up the road said the same about it, comatosed is how he described it lol

Maybe some autos then, people often say they find autos less potent than photo strains.

That hasn't always been my experience mind, I've smoked some pretty pokey autos over the years but also some pretty mediocre ones.

I found the couple I did from fastbuds were great yielders but a bit lacking in the potency department myself..

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Maybe some autos then, people often say they find autos less potent than photo strains.

That hasn't always been my experience mind, I've smoked some pretty pokey autos over the years but also some pretty mediocre ones.

I found the couple I did from fastbuds were great yielders but a bit lacking in the potency department myself..

Yes thanks for that. I did a few autos from royal queen seeds, auto deisel,  they weren't big croppers but they were the closest thing so far to what I have been looking for.

I will take a look at fast buds, cheers 

Put less in the spliff?

6 people like this

14 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Sorry I'm no help to you @Ricardo ..

But @Dodgee what fast bud strains have you grown? currently waiting for 3 of the Gorilla Cookies to pop through and I'm wondering how you rate their genetics?

2 minutes ago, Mr.moon said:

Sorry I'm no help to you @Ricardo ..

But @Dodgee what fast bud strains have you grown? currently waiting for 3 of the Gorilla Cookies to pop through and I'm wondering how you rate their genetics?

Auto gorilla glue was an absolute beast of a yielder, smelt great too, heaps of bag appeal but tolerance developed fast.  

Auto girl scout cookies I only had one finish properly (on account of my own fuckups) but I didn't rate it at all. Was a pretty good yield for a cookies cross but not a particular potent hit imo.

I might be wrong but I think fastbuds use a particular ruderalis plant in all there auto crosses and they tend to yield well and auto reliably.

I think the potency will be down to what they've crossed it out too and how well those genetics express in the offspring..

Overall I would rate them positively as a company on my own limited experience.

:yinyang:

3 people like this

49 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for the milder, functional strains? I would like to lightly chill in the evening and go to sleep nice and easy. I tried smoking less of this high thc weed but that doesn't work for me.

go for pure indica,afghan/mazar kush they do contain some cbd too,I am about to crack some autos after a long time myself,but staying with indica- S.A.D auto from sweet seeds

green poison from Sweet seeds is a good plant,good yeild,fruity and not strong -mellow,ready at 7 weeks,maybe leave some week 8 or 8.5 might find your sweet spot

4 people like this

16 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Overall I would rate them positively as a company on my own limited experience.

:yinyang:

Hm so possibly good things for these Gorilla Cookies then!

I Definitely look forward to them now, can't find many YouTube videos regarding them who aren't partnered with FastBuds thus having biased reviews.

Did you experience much foxtailing? all the US growers I've seen experience fox tailing.

Edited by Mr.moon

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for the milder, functional strains?

No strain recommendations, sorry.

Have you tried growing less well. lol 

My shittest and weakest cannabis has always been as a result of a shit grower(me) as opposed to shit weak genetics.

Stop following diaries on here is my best call and grow less well. :g:

Alternatively use less.

Edited by bartman
8 people like this

@Mr.moon

if i was you i would keep it simple-nothing fancy nothing new,try the fast compact short mellow indica first and later start experimenting with us genetics(most suck IMO)and different phenos.

if you crack pack of 3 beans 100%indica you not going to end upo with 3 different plants but if you do hybrids 50/50 you end up with one finishing week 8,second week 8.5 and 3th maybe week 9-10 and double the hight(example)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

I'm in the same boat, cant take smoking a spliff. Get knocked on my arse nowadays. Wasnt a problem when I was younger.

Me and a couple mates have the term 'baby bongs'. Basically tiny bowls just enough to get a nice high.

5 people like this

Definitely try something high in CBD mate 

Here's a smoke report for Dinafems Industrial Plant CBD which is a 2:1 CBD to THC

On 21/08/2016 at 1:34 AM, NezA said:

Industrial Plant CBD

This is the one that took me by surprise. What a fantastic plant! The smell is very earthy with a strong fuel / diesel smell. But the high is where this one really comes into its own. It is unlike any weed I've ever smoked this is complete peace and happiness wrapped up in a rolling paper. There is no other way to describe it no anxiety or paranoia just a complete feeling of zen. It is also knockout material I smoked half a joint of this with the wife at about 10pm one night and we both woke up at 5am in the exact same position on the sofa. I've given a few samples to close friends and they also love this stuff its unlike anything you would come across on the street. Relaxation, Tranquility, Offloading and Peace are all words that spring to mind. The smoke is a bit more harsh and induces coughing fits for both me and the wife (we are not seasoned tokers ... yet!) the taste is nice its very earthy, it just feel wholesome all round this stuff.

If you are debating CBD strains I will throw a wholehearted recommendation behind this one and it would seem I'm not alone looking forward to running some other CBD genetics in the future.

Sounds like it might be a good fit for you

Keep it green

-NezA

6 people like this

12 hours ago, NezA said:

Definitely try something high in CBD mate 

Here's a smoke report for Dinafems Industrial Plant CBD which is a 2:1 CBD to THC

Sounds like it might be a good fit for you

Keep it green

-NezA

Thanks NezA

That does sound spot on, I will this one a go.

Appreciated