Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


ratdog

Ratdog's 7th go at the chance to win more rolling papers, ratfact!

405 posts in this topic

Well ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again already! it comes round so fast doesn't it? any way, this year i am growing three strains, do sweet do, blackjack, and jack 47. they will be grown in a soilless mix of gold label "compost" blended with coco with add charge and wormcasts, the ratio is 6/3/1 or close as i can get it, i've already got a tent full of jack 47 using this mix and they look quite happy in the second week of flower so far.

 

lighting will be a 400w hps greenpower for vegging and a 600w greenpower hps for flowering, automated ventilation and horticultural heat mats for the root temperature stability.

 

the tent is a 1m2 for vegging and 1.2m2 for flowering

 

feeding will be seaweed extract for the first week of each pot up, then fishmix until next pot up, then in flower it will be a mix of fishmix and biobizz bloom.

 

so, where are the ladies i hear you ask? well here they come!

 

first up we have the super crystally do sweet do, if you want to make hash you can't go wrong with this heavy hitting resin factory, these three cuttings come from a revegged mum that was left to the sunny weather over the summer.

 

large.5f7b54709df40_dosweetdo1.jpglarge.5f7b54717a854_dosweetdo2.jpglarge.5f7b54724c56e_dosweetdo3.jpg

 

next up we have the lovely, well known blackjack, i don;t think i need to say anything about this one, but she's a great couchlock/sleep provider! for me at least. these two cuttings were also from a mum that was revegged in the glorious sunshine we had this summer.

 

large.5f7b546ec64ed_blackjack1.jpglarge.5f7b546fa89d7_blackjack2.jpg

 

and finally i have three cuttings that have just recently started showing their roots, jack 47, these cuttings come from the mother plants that are in my flower tent right now, they are quite a stretchy lot so i will be looking to try to train these three to get a bit more control come flowering.

 

large.5f7b54733ccd2_jack47x3.jpg

 

these are the now famous "ratdog party cups" ™ lol they are brilliant at maintaining a humid environment and you can see the roots develop without messing them about like i usually do!

large.roots.jpg

 

so there, that's all for today, let the games begin!

45 people like this

Share this post


Link to post


Nice start.  I'm really tempted to change my selection to include Blackjack - Mentioning couchlock really has me double guessing.

 

Your clones look a picture of health.

 

Best of luck with both the grow and the competition.

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Good luck with the competition @ratdog!

 

Going to be growing the Jack 47 also for the competition, the Sweet Amnesia Haze has been my go to all day since the last competition so will be nice to see what the Jack's like, it looks a great plant I see @grooving grows a nice selection of it - what's the stretch like? 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

best of luck mr ratty ..you aint wrong bout the do sweet dos ..stonker of plant that ..

might pop one in the comp meself ..

 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

@ratdog great start m8, all the best with the growing and competition.

Toke...

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

:lucky:

:eat:

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Great start @ratdog

 

Best of luck with the grow and the comp :D 

 

 

:yinyang:

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

Nice start.  I'm really tempted to change my selection to include Blackjack - Mentioning couchlock really has me double guessing.

 

Your clones look a picture of health.

 

Best of luck with both the grow and the competition.

 

thanks mate, i'm quite pleased with them at this point seeing as they have been under a t5 for what seems like ages with the younger 47's.  i found a well cooked blackjack will chill you out and leave you asleep on the couch

 

22 hours ago, Exhale said:

Good luck with the competition @ratdog!

 

Going to be growing the Jack 47 also for the competition, the Sweet Amnesia Haze has been my go to all day since the last competition so will be nice to see what the Jack's like, it looks a great plant I see @grooving grows a nice selection of it - what's the stretch like? 

 

hello mate, thanks, the stretch is pretty mad on these girls under a new hps, not so bad with cmh on my last run of them so not sure how they will perform under led's. the ones in flower have slowed now and are standing at my shoulder height and i'm 6ft :woot:

 

22 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

best of luck mr ratty ..you aint wrong bout the do sweet dos ..stonker of plant that ..

might pop one in the comp meself ..

 

 

thanks vinny, it's got to be one of the frostiest plants i have ever grown with nice solid nugs and a good yield, so glad i kept her.

 

22 hours ago, tokenroll said:

@ratdog great start m8, all the best with the growing and competition.

Toke...

 

cheers toke, and thanks for the entry help again

 

22 hours ago, bartman said:

:lucky:

:eat:

 

:)

 

17 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Great start @ratdog

 

Best of luck with the grow and the comp :D 

 

 

:yinyang:

 

thanks buddy.

 

well thanks for you all dropping in and christening this grow diary, had a long hard day at work and this has cheered me up :)

17 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, am convinced, adding blackjack to my list.  

Thankies :)

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Good luck @ratdog think I'm also gonna get in do sweet do wagon. Looks a special girl for sure. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Good luck @ratdog think I'm also gonna get in do sweet do wagon. Looks a special girl for sure. 

 

 

this is from my last comp diary mate

 

Quote

as promised, the Do Sweet Do is down, and what a pleasure to trim, and sticky and wet as fuck lol you know how you touch some plants, and they leave your hand feeling wet first then sticky after, well this is it! a good harvest too and smells sweetly divine, i'm going to stick her out in the garden for a hopeful reveg.

 

large.5ead74f49de8b_dosweetdo.jpg

 

14 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

wow. I wanna do the whole catalogue right now. How can fit em all in 80x80 lol.

Edited by growinggold
9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

i think im gonna be doing the jack 47 and blackjack too. so i will be interested to se e how these go.

 

your patented "ratdog cups" have changed my cloning life by the way, good work. 

 

They are looking great so far- the picture of healthy plants. 

hope you smash it. 

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Hey ratdog!

It's nice to see you around this, I hope you enjoy the comp ;)

Best of luck!

 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, badbillybob said:

i think im gonna be doing the jack 47 and blackjack too. so i will be interested to se e how these go.

 

your patented "ratdog cups" have changed my cloning life by the way, good work. 

 

They are looking great so far- the picture of healthy plants. 

hope you smash it. 

 

glad you are getting on with the cups mate, i had some noname root in 7 days, j47 in 10 i think but sadly my smellyberry cuts are not playing ball atm, will give them more time though but...

 

thanks for the kind words :)

 

On 10/8/2020 at 0:41 PM, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Hey ratdog!

It's nice to see you around this, I hope you enjoy the comp ;)

Best of luck!

 

 

thanks jaypp :)

 

e2a, i have potted the three jack 47 cuts into proper pots with the soilless mix

Edited by ratdog
9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now