Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hebrew

First grow - Any help appreciated

36 posts in this topic
23 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

If your on desktop there is a link in my sig below that's a 'how to for autos '

Roll a fattie. It's a long read 

Thank you. The link in your signature takes me to 'My dinafem discovery'. That seems to start at day 25-30, a lot further into the process than I am. Can't find any mention of germination/seedlings. Am I looking in the right place?

16 minutes ago, Hebrew said:

Thank you. The link in your signature takes me to 'My dinafem discovery'. That seems to start at day 25-30, a lot further into the process than I am. Can't find any mention of germination/seedlings. Am I looking in the right place?

Yes mate. It covers like 5 grows all done with different techniques that show how to train plants to maximise space 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Yes mate. It covers like 5 grows all done with different techniques that show how to train plants to maximise space 

Thank you. I shall continue to peruse it then. I've just rolled one up, so I'll have a smoke whilst reading through it.

Thanks for your help thus far. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you soon mate.

2 people like this

32 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I see you start in small pots, then into finals all using Clover multi-purpose compost. Do you think I should scrap the idea of using BioBizz Light-Mix in small pots, then All-Mix in finals and just buy a bag of Clover instead?

@Hebrew you’ll be fine in biobizz allmix, you want to keep things as simple as possible. It’s easy to read lots of diaries and then get yourself confused lol  Everyone has their own way and I’ve taken snippets from Blackpool’s diaries and serpents as well as some very useful info via pm with other members. The knowledge these guys have is second to none, they’ve got lots of experience and possibly some horror stories. 

You could start in a smaller pot and then pot upto final size but I wouldn’t do it more than once with autos. I’d also recommend some LST, I appreciate it’s scary the first few times but it helps control the height and maximise the return

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, mystic_roots said:

@Hebrew you’ll be fine in biobizz allmix, you want to keep things as simple as possible. It’s easy to read lots of diaries and then get yourself confused lol  Everyone has their own way and I’ve taken snippets from Blackpool’s diaries and serpents as well as some very useful info via pm with other members. The knowledge these guys have is second to none, they’ve got lots of experience and possibly some horror stories. 

You could start in a smaller pot and then pot upto final size but I wouldn’t do it more than once with autos. I’d also recommend some LST, I appreciate it’s scary the first few times but it helps control the height and maximise the return

Cheers mate. I am just worried about trying All-Mix again as I have just failed my first grow using it. I will check out low-stress training, thanks for the tips.

I started mine in root riots and transferred them fairly sharpish into final pots once the root was going mad out the bottom. I went straight into all mix and they have all turned out fine. 

1 person likes this

Thanks @Jack?. Loving the Super Hans profile pic.

OK so it seems I have two options for my second attempt;

1. Put cracked seeds in Root Riots, then into 12L pots with All-Mix.
  2. Put cracked seeds straight into Light-Mix in 9cm pots, then into 12L fabric pots with All-Mix.

Should I wait for the Light-Mix to arrive in the post (7 days wait) or do I get sprouting in Root Riots again?

This time I shall remove them from my electric prop as soon as they sprout. At what point should I move them from under T5s to under my big LED?

Edited by Hebrew

Maybe wait a day or two before cracking the new seeds.

So they don't have to wait too long.

When they sprout, 

just take the lid off the propagator :)

They'll still enjoy the heat from below. 

You'll wanna wait until they've got a few sets of true leaves(multi finger), 

before swapping the lights from the t5 to the LED. 

Make sure you got the light a good distance from the youngsters to begin with(dimmed if possible). 

If they start to stretch towards the light, 

bring it closer. 

Best of luck with them :lucky:

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

I had mine under a CFL for atleast 10 days , switched a 250hps will eventually go 600. I did put one seed directly into my final pot as I dropped my propigator and killed a couple and it popped up and done absolutely fine. Cut a plastic bottle in half and stick it over it makes a mini greenhouse on the pot 

2 people like this

Hi all, just gonna chip in here, I'm just doing my first grow with 9 cream caramel from sweet seeds. 

Got a 100x100x200 tent 600w dimmable hps, fan and filter.

Thought I would do a little experiment to start.

Put 3 seeds straight into Plant magic soil supreme in 15ltr fabric pots in tent.

3 were in between paper tissue on top of oil heater set on low and transplanted into 12ltr fabric pots  once germinated

3 seeds into small pots of john inches seed compost in tent and repotted after about a week of sprouting into 8ltr fabric pots.

I'll keep it short but by far the best outcome bybfar was the seeds planted direct into final pots in the plant magic.

On day 17 now and they easily twice the size of the others.large.IMG_20201005_134546_552.jpg

1 person likes this

@Hebrew   Looking good and fantastic choice of strains :)      Cream Caramel is full of flavour, hard as nails and very easy to grow plus the end product is so so tasty !   

Good luck and i shall put the kettle on and be sitting in the corner for the ride :) 

1 person likes this

Hey, @OldFord it' not me growing cream caramels. I have just popped some Seedsman green crack autos in some small pots of Biobizz All-Mix under some T5 lights this time. I intend to either update this thread or start a new one if things go better with my new seedlings.

@Gaston man what did you do when it comes to watering seedlings in final pots? Did it take long for the roots to fill the big pots and start absorbing all the moisture in the soil? I would worry about the soil sitting there wet for too long and get issues with root rot.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Gaston man said:

Hi all, just gonna chip in here, I'm just doing my first grow with 9 cream caramel from sweet seeds. 

Got a 100x100x200 tent 600w dimmable hps, fan and filter.

Thought I would do a little experiment to start.

Put 3 seeds straight into Plant magic soil supreme in 15ltr fabric pots in tent.

3 were in between paper tissue on top of oil heater set on low and transplanted into 12ltr fabric pots  once germinated

3 seeds into small pots of john inches seed compost in tent and repotted after about a week of sprouting into 8ltr fabric pots.

I'll keep it short but by far the best outcome bybfar was the seeds planted direct into final pots in the plant magic.

On day 17 now and they easily twice the size of the others.large.IMG_20201005_134546_552.jpg

Youve also got an overwatered small plant sitting in a huge amount of soggy compost that is a recipe for root rot an anaerobic conditions. 

There are a multitude of reasons not to start seeds in huge pots. The above is one if them. I hope they pull through, your gonna have to get that watering in point before those roots turn to mush. 

Not trying to piss on your chips mate. I always chime in if I can offer advice to help a grower out.

2 people like this

I have should have said that my green crack autos were started in 9cm pots of Biobizz Light-Mix, not All-Mix. I'm on day 4 now and so far 2 of 3 are doing very well I think (photo below). I plan on transplanting them into 12L fabric pots filled with All-Mix around day 7-10. Do you guys think it's ok to change the soil type when transplanting into finals?

I had a problem with one of the seeds, its root curled round and grew into a loop and it popped above the surface of the soil, I had to dig a small hole with tweezers and carefully replant its root under the soil. As you can see the pot on the right is a bit behind, I'm not sure if I should pull it or leave it to try and recover.

large.DSC_0002.jpg

2 people like this