Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Green_bhoy

Coco and autopots. Problem.

22 posts in this topic
14 minutes ago, The Bishop Basher said:

Have you been checking the ph in your res between nute changes ? 

I’d agree with the advice above but flush it first with a light PH’d solution just to rule out any salt build up.

It looks easily recoverable at this point so should be fine. 

I check the reservoir every day really. If it drifts I then Ph back to between 5.8 and 6.0. I try to keep in this range. 

I was wanting to flip them to 12/12 this week but I think this will have to be put off till I get these fixed. 

Fixing this is a mission of mine :wallbash:

2 people like this

I have now taken the affected pot out the easy2grow tray. That's leaves the other plant in the tray getting fed from the reservoir. I have put a saucer over the empty part of the tray with the pot in the saucer. I'll check on the plant tomorrow. Light goes off at 11am then on at 5pm. 

Edited by Green_bhoy
2 people like this

I flushed the affected plant with Ph 5.8 water. I dont know if this is the right Ph to flush. When I checked the flushed water that was collected it was at a Ph of 6.6.

What does this mean?

My other plant is doing well still. Getting real bushy. I'm leaning to finishing of this plant if I cant get this sick plant on the mend. Would like to have both flowering.

Is it worth flushing my healthy plant just incase salt builds up along the way?

The sick plant stems on the leaves have went purple too. 

I will check on the affected plant tomorrow night.

Keep flushing until the pH drops to 5.8. you can go down to 5.5 if it helps get there sooner but a good flush could take 3-4 x the pot size in litres of water

It's probably worth doing a flush every couple of weeks with bottom fed if you are feeding heavily imo

Plant just looks a bit hungry, no magnesium problems in them pics don’t know why that was mentioned, flushing with plain ph’d water in coco will cause more problems than it’ll ever fix I hope you added feed. Also reading the run off ph is known to be very inaccurate and pretty pointless. 

1 person likes this

I know this might sound really dumb but just move your lights a bit further away and let the roots develop. If the light is too close it gears everything up such as uptake at the root level and if they are not developed enough you got a ferrari plant running on AA batteries. Ever seen that nasty alkaline salt build up on batteries? Your plant is sitting in that and over time it clogs the cogs.

Flushing won't do much imo as mentioned above and I've pulled off many decent harvests without checking runoff EC or pH.

Just give less strength nutes next time until you feel roots have been laid down adequately. and make sure the light isn't too powerful or close in relation to your root situation. 

So for e.g. if you transplant into those size pots you want to back off with the light for a few days until new growth looks thankful. 

Also too much calmag can... yes... lock out calmag. 

It could be that your coco is absorbing all the calmag if its not buffered enough and your plant is being deprived. 

Did you add any perlite to the coco mix? If you're new to coco it can be hard to judge how tightly to pack in the coco and how much to water it in leading to root suffocation. 

but to recap... I honestly think its too much feed at the wrong time and not enough root development and bringing the light closer will only speed up the madness. 

I'm an over thinker though... This just happened to 2 amazing soma amnesia haze clones which I've been clinging onto. Attempting to recover although I went against my own advice and flushed just to see what happens. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, ScapeGoat said:

I know this might sound really dumb but just move your lights a bit further away and let the roots develop. If the light is too close it gears everything up such as uptake at the root level and if they are not developed enough you got a ferrari plant running on AA batteries. Ever seen that nasty alkaline salt build up on batteries? Your plant is sitting in that and over time it clogs the cogs.

Flushing won't do much imo as mentioned above and I've pulled off many decent harvests without checking runoff EC or pH.

Just give less strength nutes next time until you feel roots have been laid down adequately. and make sure the light isn't too powerful or close in relation to your root situation. 

So for e.g. if you transplant into those size pots you want to back off with the light for a few days until new growth looks thankful. 

Also too much calmag can... yes... lock out calmag. 

It could be that your coco is absorbing all the calmag if its not buffered enough and your plant is being deprived. 

Did you add any perlite to the coco mix? If you're new to coco it can be hard to judge how tightly to pack in the coco and how much to water it in leading to root suffocation. 

but to recap... I honestly think its too much feed at the wrong time and not enough root development and bringing the light closer will only speed up the madness. 

I'm an over thinker though... This just happened to 2 amazing soma amnesia haze clones which I've been clinging onto. Attempting to recover although I went against my own advice and flushed just to see what happens. 

My light is at the highest height that it can go in my Dr60 tent. Canopy temperature is around 26c. 

Do you think there isn't enough roots laid down? I'm on 5th week of veg. Surely the roots should be established by now. My other plant is thriving in the same system.

Thanks for your input.