Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

B0bbyBuds

Can you see any mould?

27 posts in this topic

Hello all, I’m colour blind and feel like I’m seeing a bit of mould brown/greyish but want to double check if it’s mould or the colour of the bud. This jars been closed for a while and forgotten about. Specifically in the top left corner.

large.C53417C8-A5E1-4474-89FB-2D7841B65239.jpeg

1 person likes this

I can't see owt, but I'm colour blind too :rolleyes: First things first I'd take the suspect bud (and the ones surrounding it, cos the visible stuff is just the end of the mould, it starts off invisible inside the buds) out of the jar. Does it smell ? I've found that mouldy bud has a nasty, musty smell that's unmistakable (but that's once it's proper set in :sadwalk: ).

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

If it smelt ok I'd smoke it :oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Looks good to me.

Very nice, enjoy your smoke :)

1 person likes this

I keep thinking I’m seeing browns but maybe it’s just darker buds. Some buds did get burnt from lights. Smells ok. Only once I took a pic for brown bits I think I see grey but my colour ness is fucked 

1 person likes this

I was a bit reluctant to touch it and break it up at first due to cross contamination with my other bud but realised I’m probably paranoid 

I normally find if you get a spot lamp / lamp and break the bud up over the light beam you can see a smoke like airborne dust aka mold spore.    

Not a specific method but certainly seems to show an airborne cloud that does not appear on healthy dried nugs.   

4 people like this

3 hours ago, OldFord said:

I normally find if you get a spot lamp / lamp and break the bud up over the light beam you can see a smoke like airborne dust aka mold spore.    

Not a specific method but certainly seems to show an airborne cloud that does not appear on healthy dried nugs.   

I noticed mouldy areas are cobwebby just inside .as well as dusty. Probably be very localised dead brown leaflets amongst healthy ones on the colas as well and I look around inside where they are... That's what I keep my eye out for now.

Edited by catweazle1
1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

I noticed mouldy areas are cobwebby just inside .as well as dusty. Probably be very localised dead brown leaflets amongst healthy ones on the colas as well and I look around inside where they are... That's what I keep my eye out for now.

Totally agree mate,  luckily i have had very very few issues over the years and tend to stick with my trusted strains on my outdoor runs,  i do throw out new varieties to test them but keep them well away from my normal ladies just in case !     I have lost 4 nugs this year but thats due to me forgetting they were in 3" deep saucers and leaving them standing in 2" of rain water for a few wks due to working away :(    Saucers now removed !    Other than that all the other ladies seem very happy so far and not expecting any drama ... fingers crossed lol   

2 people like this

I got a bit of mold, rot and mildew last year. sometimes just a small cavity as if a caterpillar had made a hole inside, made a nest, turned crysailis and later flew the nest?

Anyway, buds that had been tainted by mites, minor mold and rot, dust and bird poo were given the 3 stage dip-wash bath treatment, put the mind at ease.

:yinyang:

2 people like this

@OldFord @catweazle1 I checked with buds in original pic and they were ok

However checked on jars in storage and all the the Panama haze Jars have bits of mould in them. Need to get rid of these jars now. 

:eek:

large.9872EEB7-1789-40D9-A943-6F8F8BC36F19.jpeglarge.820790AC-A7BB-4F19-892E-FCBE1F19DEED.jpeglarge.171A020E-CBE9-4B89-AD4C-472E0FB634D4.jpeg

also found a seed in the pan haze. I think a lot of the plants from last grow hermied but only realising now

@bobbybuds  Gutted for you chap :(        Some will say you can  clean it up , others will say go through it and get rid of the bad bits ,  each to their own and its personal taste.

For me i would bin the lot but thats just me.    

Certainly empty the jars out and have a good look at it,  try breaking a good looking bit up over a lamp and see what you can spy, worth a go.   Shame as it looks lovely. 

Keep the seeds , yes they will be more prone to hermie but certainly usable.     Chin up and keep at it :) 

2 people like this

@OldFord I’m going to have a look at the buds at the top with a 60 magnifying glass. But going to chuck it all. Don’t feel comfortable smoking/vaping it. Could have spores and what not too which could spread at a later date. Gutted there’s a good few ounces. Already don’t know when I will be able to grow again so on rations all ready. Smoking dealer weed isn’t the same so will probably end up taking a break. 

Edited by B0bbyBuds
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

@OldFord I’m going to have a look at the buds at the top with a 60 magnifying glass. But going to chuck it all. Don’t feel comfortable smoking/vaping it. Could have spores and what not too which could spread at a later date. Gutted there’s a good few ounces. Already don’t know when I will be able to grow again so on rations all ready. Smoking dealer weed isn’t the same so will probably end up taking a break. 

Gutted for you mate.   Im the same, i wouldnt chance it.   What about cooking with it ?     

Home grown all the way for me,  i have not bought a bit in 10yrs now and simply wouldnt.      

1 person likes this

@OldFord I haven’t thought about cooking with it. I thought the mould would the mould still pose a health risk? 

It’s bit of a pain getting rid of. The bud I can put in a bag and put it in a public bin. But the jars a bit more difficult. Maybe just wash them and give to charity shop if they’re open.

1 person likes this