Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dov1

Upgrade tent help

Hi grower,

I have a normal silver lined 80x80 tent but want to upgrade to a 1.2x1.2 or 1.2x2.4... to be honest 1x2x2 would be best but cant seem to find that as a tent measurment..

I want to go white walled but can only find budbox and homebox with them, budbox zips look cheap and nasty and the homebox looks slick but bit on the dearer end , any other alternatives? 

1 person likes this

I would seriously not get budbox I got budbox pro 1.2x1.2x2 and just set up and zip broke rang shop were I got it from and they said they are in touch with budbox as a guy has had exactly the same problem mine has he thinks they might of had a bad batch but I'm not so sure I am going to be getting sent a replacement but if I could go back maybe would do more research 

Just my novice 2p worth atb mate 

3 minutes ago, Teesside said:

I would seriously not get budbox I got budbox pro 1.2x1.2x2 and just set up and zip broke rang shop were I got it from and they said they are in touch with budbox as a guy has had exactly the same problem mine has he thinks they might of had a bad batch but I'm not so sure I am going to be getting sent a replacement but if I could go back maybe would do more research 

Just my novice 2p worth atb mate 

They look like cheap backpack zips, monkey metal dipped in plastic. Its the only thing i really am not sure about. Honestly i really want to go white walled but i want quality for the money they want, doesnt seem to be enough of them about for how much theyre raved about! 

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

They look like cheap backpack zips, monkey metal dipped in plastic. Its the only thing i really am not sure about. Honestly i really want to go white walled but i want quality for the money they want, doesnt seem to be enough of them about for how much theyre raved about! 

I dont have the white walls but persume zips are just the same seriously me and me pal set everything up went to zip tent up and the little pin what goes into the actual zip was hanging of a fraying away absolutely guttering felt like giving up haha now I carnt open the main door fully as wont be able to get the zip to work again (some how my lass managed to zip it up god knows how) 

get yourself a green qube. its got silver interior, but blows away all other tents imho. 

they are awesome tents, built like tanks

1 person likes this

I have a Budbox Pro 80x80 and I love it more than my first-born.  No zip problems and no light leaks. Lots of outlets and a green viewing window... I'm extremely happy with it!  The only aspect I'm not happy with is the passive intake areas are far too big to be used properly, they're complately redundant.

Update - ive gone for the homebox ambient 1.2x1.2 from the resident sponsors one tree